Powerplay Faction: Aisling Duval Weekly Objectives for Cycle 208

Good evening, Commanders.

Somehow the Princess has reached number one in the rankings. As far as I am aware, we did nothing different last week, so either the other powers had a really bad time of it or something else weird happened. In short, the ranking calculations continue to be a mystery.

Still, we must continue on rather than rest on our (accidental) laurels, we must continue on.

There is again no good preparation target. So:

1) Fortify as per the Trello
2) Vote Consolidation. We already have someone trying to push a trash (CC value -55) system to the top of our list.

To find out more about the primary Aisling Duval communication hub, our community Slack (including how to join), read the FAQ.

Also, to keep an eye on our dynamic objectives list, which changes as the cycle progresses, please visit the webpage at https://trello.com/b/HBY3rRZR/aisling-duval

Fly safe, Commanders.

Somehow the Princess has reached number one in the rankings. As far as I am aware, we did nothing different last week, so either the other powers had a really bad time of it or something else weird happened. In short, the ranking calculations continue to be a mystery.

Cori, take a look at Pranav Antal's power. There are nine systems in turmoil right now. In fact, I've never seen any one power have that much turmoil* at any one time in the past. Under "control" tab, at least two systems are being lightly undermined. And of course, we had the fun with Cailli system last week (sheesh!!) going from "normal" to "102% undermined" in less than six hours. Glad we were able to resolve that.

I assume Mimardisc is the trash system you referred to. Any way to prevent them from "prepping" that system or is the fact that they could be in Solo mode doing this make that question useless? I assume just voting consolidation will do that.

Also, noted that every cycle, Lambda-1 Tucanae goes way over 100% on fortifying (right now at 446%). Other systems squeak by at 20% with no undermining taking place. I assume they're just dumping fortify materials at that location because it's close by and no other reason.

*Imagine this Twinkie represents the normal amount of turmoil in any given power at any given time. According this morning's sample, it would be a Twinkie thirty-five feet long weighing approximately six hundred pounds. That's a big Twinkie.

The system that was at the top of the list when I wrote that was Mohan. Thankfully the Consolidation vote has pushed it down to #3 this morning - but the vote itself is still only 77%. We could do with at least 80% to give ourselves a safety margin.

Himardisc was last week's prep blocker. It's technically under expansion this week, but at -5 CC we still don't want it expanded.

L1T, as you thought, is merely a convenient dumping ground for merit farmers. It's so close to Cubeo that the triggers are wildly in our favour, Also, if we ever reach the end of the cycle and anyone finds they need to make merits at the last minute to keep rank, and you can't find anywhere useful to deliver to, this is the place to dump them.

The system that was at the top of the list when I wrote that was Mohan. Thankfully the Consolidation vote has pushed it down to #3 this morning - but the vote itself is still only 77%. We could do with at least 80% to give ourselves a safety margin.
Yup, saw that with the negative numbers. Already got my vote for consolidation.

Himardisc was last week's prep blocker. It's technically under expansion this week, but at -5 CC we still don't want it expanded.
I did see that. Any way to meet those trying to expand it and convince them to discontinue this (if not in Solo, that is)? If it's just someone "playing" but not understanding what they're doing it would be better to explain it to them.

L1T, as you thought, is merely a convenient dumping ground for merit farmers. It's so close to Cubeo that the triggers are wildly in our favour, Also, if we ever reach the end of the cycle and anyone finds they need to make merits at the last minute to keep rank, and you can't find anywhere useful to deliver to, this is the place to dump them.
Understood. Really wish they'd "dump" them in places that need them first.
Kids, these days.......

Top Bottom