Weird Proboscis Monkey Problem

I do have a really weird Problem with the Proboscis Monkey. Everytime when I try to put them in my Zoo, the Game freezes as soon as the Boxes land in the Enclosure. I've already tried it 3 Times and verified the Game Files. It works for some Reason in Sandbox Mode without any Problems

I do have a really weird Problem with the Proboscis Monkey. Everytime when I try to put them in my Zoo, the Game freezes as soon as the Boxes land in the Enclosure. I've already tried it 3 Times and verified the Game Files. It works for some Reason in Sandbox Mode without any Problems
Not one I've come across. Have you tried a) putting another similar animal in the same enclosure (madrills I guess would be best) and b) putting the proboscis monkey in a different enclsure?

I guess I'm just wondering if it is the species or the enclosure causing trouble because I've often had bugged enclosures and never had a bugged species in a zoo.

Not one I've come across. Have you tried a) putting another similar animal in the same enclosure (madrills I guess would be best) and b) putting the proboscis monkey in a different enclsure?

I guess I'm just wondering if it is the species or the enclosure causing trouble because I've often had bugged enclosures and never had a bugged species in a zoo.
I will try this later. Just remembered that I had a bugged Enclosure too in the Beta or shortly after

Just tested it. When I move a Proboscis Monkey into the Stable were I move Carnivores to when I first need to make some Space in the Trade Center, it works. Replacing the Gate doesn't solve it. I've moved a Saltwater Crocodile in there and it worked for some Reason. I'll try if it helps to delete and rebuild the whole Fence

Deleting and rebuilding the Fence completely, didn't help for some Reason. The Guests will watch from a wooden Bridge and one of the Path Pieces is a bit weird and also close to the Fence. Maybe this has something to do with it
Edit: it happened again. Don't know what else I can do there

Last edited:
Hmmmm, definitely seems to be to do with the habitat but whether it is the habitat + the species in particular is still a bit of an open question. Have you got another climbing species you could try to shove in there? Like a mandrill or a chimp?

Not sure it would help but a screenshot might be useful if others have ideas about what is going on.

I found out that it has something to do with the Water. When I emptied the Water, it didn't freeze. When I refilled it, it froze again after a few Seconds. I'll try if it works with other Species. I'll try Primates but I think the Jaguar might also be a good Test Subject due to having the Ability to swim and climb. I'll take a few Pictures of the Enclosure in a few Minutes

Tested it with Chimpanzees and a juvenile Jaguar. Both crashed the Game.
Also here are the Pictures
Nasenaffengehege.jpg
Nasenaffengehege3.jpg
Nasenaffengehege2.jpg
Nasenaffengehege4.jpg
Nasenaffengehege5.jpg
Nasenaffengehege6.jpg

Hmmm interesting so it's definitely the habitat. Do you have a screenshot of the habitat gate where they are bringing the animals? If it were me my first steps would probably be to try taking out key elements one at a time and trying each one e.g. try removing the water and then placing them, try removing the enrichments and then putting them in, climbing structures etc. It might be a bit painful but it might help rule out some stuff.

Habitat looks great BTW!

Hmmm interesting so it's definitely the habitat. Do you have a screenshot of the habitat gate where they are bringing the animals? If it were me my first steps would probably be to try taking out key elements one at a time and trying each one e.g. try removing the water and then placing them, try removing the enrichments and then putting them in, climbing structures etc. It might be a bit painful but it might help rule out some stuff.

Habitat looks great BTW!
I've already tried if it helps to place the Gate somewhere else. Also completely rebuilt the whole Barrier 3 times now. I know that it works when there's no Water in there. But Saltwater Crocodiles cause no Problems in there for some Reason when Water is inside. Chimpanzees let it crash even though they can't even swim. I've just tried if it helps to change the Ground underwater a little bit. It also didn't help.
Also, thanks. I really like how it turned out too. I hope it is just caused by a single Tree or something similar. I don't want to need to delete everything in there just to make it work. I'll try now if it helps to delete everything in there except the Water and if this works, I will try to figure out what exactly causes the Problem.

Here are the Pictures of the Gate
Nasenaffe Tor.jpg
Nasenaffe Tor2.jpg
Nasenaffe Tor3.jpg

Yes, I know. There's a Gap. Rebuilt the Barrier for the third Time and didn't fix it yet

Just deleted everything in there that is climbable and it still crashed. Maybe the Roof is the Problem 😭
It has climbable Parts

Good News: I probably won't need to delete the Roof because I've just tested it.
Bad News: I didn't even come a little bit closer to the Solution
Only know that it seems to have something to do with the Water, but I can't figure out what

If you put the habitat gate in a different place and keep the water does it still crash? it sounds like it must be something to do with the calculation of the navigation?

Just placed the Gate in a Place where I didn't try it yet and also tried it with a Tunnel that expands further away from the Rest of the Enclosure. Sadly it didn't work yet. I wish we would have something like a official Debug Tool for Situations like that

Just placed the Gate in a Place where I didn't try it yet and also tried it with a Tunnel that expands further away from the Rest of the Enclosure. Sadly it didn't work yet. I wish we would have something like a official Debug Tool for Situations like that
I think that this might be a case to send the save file to Frontier to see if it is replicatable on their systems. Or if you were happy to upload it to the workshop I'd be willing to try putting them in and seeing if it crashes my game as well. It might pin down if it is the save file plus your system / game installation or if it is just a save game bug in which case sending the save to Frontier might really help them pin down what causes bugs like this.

I think that this might be a case to send the save file to Frontier to see if it is replicatable on their systems. Or if you were happy to upload it to the workshop I'd be willing to try putting them in and seeing if it crashes my game as well. It might pin down if it is the save file plus your system / game installation or if it is just a save game bug in which case sending the save to Frontier might really help them pin down what causes bugs like this.
Which one is the E-Mail Adress I need to send it to? I always forget it because I never needed to send a Save File myself until now

community@frontier.co.uk I believe
Thanks. Hope they will fix it. Maybe it can even help to develop a Update to prevent this from happening 🙂
Only need to find where the Save Games are located now and I guess I should play another Franchise Zoo until it is fixed. At least I assume they will send me a fixed Save File which would mean that Changes that I'll do wouldn't exist anymore when I load the fixed File?
I hope the File won't be too big to send it. It's a relatively big Zoo with many Details

Top Bottom