ANNOUNCEMENT Welcome to the new forums!

The old forum had a feature that allowed me to sort by only new threads - i.e. threads that have been started in the last day, rather than old threads with the same repeated agruments going on and on and nowhere.

Is there a way? Or at least allow me to mark these threads as ignored?

@ifthisworks in theory the 'Search threads' feature (under advanced search) should allow you to do that. However I can't access it at the moment as it does nothing and then returns an error page. Definitely a few bugs in the new forum that still need ironing out.

Alternatively use the RSS feeds.

Last edited:
Thanks for that. Ok, I tried (I used * as the search title to avoid errors) but that just gives all the new posts, including old threads.

The RSS feeds just does the same, but includes other frontier games as well.

The RSS feeds just does the same, but includes other frontier games as well.

Not if you subscribe to each forum section individually - just add .rss to the end of the URL - for example the URL for the RSS feed for Dangerous Discussion is https://forums.frontier.co.uk/forums/dangerous-discussion/.rss. This is how I only receive an alert when a new thread is created* and for only those forum sections I am interested in.

* occasionally I get a notification when a new post has been made to a very old thread but it's not a big deal.

Last edited:
Thanks! I will try this later.

Ok, the above ideas didn't really work, probably because I asked the question the wrong way, but nice idea about the rss anyway.

To see threads sorted by age of thread start - filter -> sort by first message descending. Obvious really.

Last edited:
The density of the new forums is pretty terrible. Even with one-line posts, there are only four posts per 1080p page, and the list of threads is down to ten per page. On a mobile it's not even funny.

At least the transition to the new forum software went smoothly! Now can we make it less inefficient to use please? :)

The density of the new forums is pretty terrible. Even with one-line posts, there are only four posts per 1080p page, and the list of threads is down to ten per page. On a mobile it's not even funny.

At least the transition to the new forum software went smoothly! Now can we make it less inefficient to use please? :)
Exactly my issue with the issue tracker as well.

Seeing the Elite Dangerous forums in (my greatly preferred) black on white this morning. Assuming this isn't just some temporary bug, thanks Frontier!

Always appreciative of improvements, as long as health to my eyes and headache prevention is the priority :)

Grey lettering, (not white), on black background or dark, pastel coloured backgrounds are best. Thanks for the dedication and work :)

Top Bottom