Welcoming New Players from the Epic Free Week

I'm curious how many of us want to or have plans to seek out and help new players as they leave the starting zone come thursday. (and I don't mean helping them to the Rebuy Screen) I for one intent to part my FC neat the starting zone and make myself available to assistance, and to answer questions if needed.

What about y'all?

I plan to ignore them entirely, neither helping nor hindering them.

Sounds like you've got it covered anyway.

If they come here I might help :)

I'm not going to go out of my way or actively try to find new players, however, I won't refuse to help someone that asks for it.

I strongly suggest not to give credits or shortcuts to acquire 1 billion credits every 12 seconds as that will make them quit the game faster than it takes me to finish in bed.
Elite is about the journey, the hardships, learning to fly your ship, not going from sidewinder to Anaconda in 1 evening. I did this with 3 of my guild mates... after 3 days they were all in anacondas working on engineering... they all said... ok now what.... well now you live in the universe, lots to do, but it all ends up in faction/credit grind.

sadly they are no longer playing...

I strongly suggest not to give credits or shortcuts to acquire 1 billion credits every 12 seconds as that will make them quit the game faster than it takes me to finish in bed.
Elite is about the journey, the hardships, learning to fly your ship, not going from sidewinder to Anaconda in 1 evening. I did this with 3 of my guild mates... after 3 days they were all in anacondas working on engineering... they all said... ok now what.... well now you live in the universe, lots to do, but it all ends up in faction/credit grind.

sadly they are no longer playing...

Totally agree - I did that too and none of the people I provided a nest-egg for no longer play.

Don't give credits or sell from your FC at silly low prices to help newcomers out - it only spoils the game for them.

P.S. Newcomers really need to have lots of FCs in Hollaltja and Ay Indi so they can learn about orange sidewinders and mauve adders as they emerge from the noob-zone. :rolleyes:

i agree with the comments,help them with advice ,but as said not credit theyhave to earn them and progress through game,there is realy no free meals in this game,most of them dont stick it anyway,but the thought was good

Thank you all for the suggestions. My only intent was to stock my FC with ships and modules suitable for the various roles in a system nearby. Looking forward to seeing new CMDRs in the bubble. <3

Thank you all for the suggestions. My only intent was to stock my FC with ships and modules suitable for the various roles in a system nearby. Looking forward to seeing new CMDRs in the bubble. <3

Since Ay Indi is a "protected"* system next to the noob-zone then there is no need for that. Especially if you are able to supply stuff cheap and let permit-holders equip powerful builds to take back into the zone. I assume that docking at a FC after promotion removes the permit so they would need to be able to buy stuff dirt cheap - if docking at a FC does not remove the permit then I foresee carnage in the noob-zone.

Just tested and yes docking at a FC removes the permit. I don't know if FC owners can offer equipment at stupidly cheap prices.

* Protected in that the controlling faction is Pilots Federation Local Branch which I believe cannot be "usurped".

Last edited:
I am newbie
My personal game rules:
1-Never give or receive gifts.Various gifts given by the company are excluded from this rule.
2-Don't be toxic and never swear.I never, ever speak badly to an players, even if they just killed me.
3-Be friendly and help all players.Even if they are enemies, this rule applies.
4-I don't do much pvp before I start playing games well enough.
5-I don't give false information to the players about agame under any circumstances and I say that if you don't know it, I know it as much.
I am newbie.Dont ignore me.I'm a pretty good pvp player, a fleet leader and a winner in many games against clans set up just to hunt me down with guerrilla tactics.Ignoring me would be a pretty fatal mistake.It wouldn't be nice to ignore me while having fun together.I also force you into my fun..

not bad for a newbie,lets see ,you have a bit to do in this game,its not a shoot em up,and there is alot to learn and do to learn it, good luck is all i can say, welcome cmdr

Well, hello everybody. I am one of your new player base; and certainly hope to find out for myself with some grinding and simple trading what it's all about before becoming Han Solo, so please don't malign us all. So far I was pretty pleased just to get in and out of a station on my own and no idea why I, a mere simple newbie, should be seen as a threat or get targeted in a battle!

I even realised quickly that the more important aspects to learn are navigation, before hopping onto missions or contracts, I guess.

And in lockdown world, a little hard graft learning the basics is better than just watching paint dry on the walls at home!!

I dont mind as along as hey dont laugh when I tell them how much I paid for the the. I wonder how many of the Epic free will go on to pay for the odysseys expansion which as a lifetime holder I dont have too.

Top Bottom