Welfare issues- Aardvark

It seem like there are tons of welfare issues with the Aardvark.. You are only allowed to keep one male and one female.. Every time they get away from one another they constantly scream welfare.. this is seriously an issue.. It's not like they drop in comfort.. no they bomb.. So something needs to be changed..

I have noticed this in a lot of animals.. even when the enclosures are of a decent size.. so something is just not adding up..

Note: for now i am removing all Aardvarks from my zoo's till this is fixed because this is obnoxious.

Yep, saw this too.

Even one way glass and brick barriers don't help.

Placed 4 "be quiet" signs, no effect.

It is massively crowded there, so maybe because there are so many people that make noise they still freak out, althought they can't see them.
I think this is a bug. Anybody reported it yet?

I don't think it's a bug. Had the same a couple of weeks ago with the Aardvarks but visitors started to use the paths around this habitat more.
Also happened with the tapirs and became so crowded that visitors started vandalizing more around these habitats.. (including the 'be quiet' signs)

Placing signs do help but if it's too crowded the signs are less effective. Which is pretty accurate, most people IRL ignore the signs anyway :D
If it's massively crowded it's just too noisy. And you need to relocate them to another more quiet part of the zoo. (that helped for me)
Or change the paths around the exhibit.
I think (my POV) that you need to consider the 'relation with humans' part of the zoopedia when you plan out your zoo.

Btw, I think screenshots could help more in such situations..
Could also be the noise (circle) from education speakers. I was told they also affect easily stressed (shy) animals. (can't confirm that one)

Does placing the signs inside the habitat have an effect?

Haven't tried that, but that would be a bit stupid IMO. That would be moving the sign about 5 inches to the left.

I don't think it's a bug. Had the same a couple of weeks ago with the Aardvarks but visitors started to use the paths around this habitat more.
Also happened with the tapirs and became so crowded that visitors started vandalizing more around these habitats.. (including the 'be quiet' signs)

Placing signs do help but if it's too crowded the signs are less effective. Which is pretty accurate, most people IRL ignore the signs anyway :D
If it's massively crowded it's just too noisy. And you need to relocate them to another more quiet part of the zoo. (that helped for me)
Or change the paths around the exhibit.
I think (my POV) that you need to consider the 'relation with humans' part of the zoopedia when you plan out your zoo.

Btw, I think screenshots could help more in such situations..
Could also be the noise (circle) from education speakers. I was told they also affect easily stressed (shy) animals. (can't confirm that one)

Yes, my paths are massively overcrowded at that point. Everybody wants to see the Aardvarks :p
No education speakers though.

This is a feature, but it's a stupid feature.

Zoo animals reach a certain level of tolerance. They get used to being observed - they don't get stagefright. What causes animals stress in captivity is a lack of places to roam and a lack of enrichment/stimulation. The whole concept of "stress" in this game is utterly absurd - whoever went to a zoo where you weren't allowed to make noise around the springbok, for example? Aardvarks are a little different, as many zoos display them nocturnally and most nocturnal exhibits do have the requirement of being quiet anyway, but this stress feature attacks just about every 'small' animal with absolutely no regard for reality and a complete ignorance of how animals actually behave.

It's been bugging me forever. Frontier made lofty claims of doing hard research for the game, but more than half of the Zoopedia information is inaccurate or inconsistent, and many of the animal-related features like this one don't actually resemble anything that occurs in real-life.

Sure, if you grab an animal from nature and suddenly toss it in a box surrounded by the looming figures of humanity it might freak out, but if you move an animal from one captivity to another, where it has ample space, shelter, food, and company, then it really isn't going to bother it. And based on the animal market in-game, none of the animals are pulled straight from the wild, so we know that when we add them to our zoos they ought to have already been around humans before.

Top Bottom