Well Done ED! Incredibly Impressed.

As soon as I got off planet today and my ship finished installing the new data, I decided to try and find one of these Unknown Ships as I heard they were having their way around Maia.
Flew out there in a quick refit of my Exploration DBX and within minutes found an odd USS.
Of course recording the event whilst in VR...
To say the least, the ensuing 4 minutes was one of the most terrifying and exciting times I've had in my 3 years of playing Elite: Dangerous.

I highly encourage you to watch the video of the events in the video below.
Feel the curiosity and fear I did as you watch through my eyes while my ship is overwhelmed, disabled and ultimately destroyed by this incredible new Unknown.
[video=youtube_share;3ul5umJkYkg]https://youtu.be/3ul5umJkYkg[/video]

Notice how my own weapons appear to be redirected against me.

and once again. Well done Frontier! [up][up]

Ouch.
But the Thargoid warned you before opening fire. I wonder if that's always the case. So far I didn't see Thargoids outright attack. There has always been enough time to get away before they even turns aggressive.

Ouch.
But the Thargoid warned you before opening fire. I wonder if that's always the case. So far I didn't see Thargoids outright attack. There has always been enough time to get away before they even turns aggressive.

They seem to have attacked some players theyve hyperdicted. Some attack,some just stare at you. Mine was a stare and a creepy one at that.

Hmm first time i've seen Imperial ship wrecks at the hands of the goids...

Its a decent start; and a nice way to introduce the Thargoids to those who were never lucky enough to see them pre-patch however its worth noting that at the moment all we have seen is a new form of Signal Source and by no means nothing game-changing, it might be worth holding our congrats off until we see a little more of what this patch has to offer.

I have no doubt that their are some awesome things available to find right now by someone far smarter than myself, and i look forward to seeing those events.

My congratulations will be rained down when the Thargoids are a threat, i really hope it gets to that stage :).

Its worth noting that it appears the Thargoids damage is scaled depending on the ship which is a bit meh...(IE every ship regardless of gear or size seems to survive about the same length of time as each other). That is the same Goid type i found at my SS however if he did as much damage to your ship as he did to my Annie you'd have been killed in like, 3 hits. It seems like FD have taken measures to ensure people always have a chance to escape which is a little disappointing from my end but no doubt a positive to others.

Lets see how this patch unfolds shall we :)

Last edited:
They seem to have attacked some players theyve hyperdicted. Some attack,some just stare at you. Mine was a stare and a creepy one at that.

There seem to be different flavours of the thargoid ship, could be different types have different behaviors.

Its worth noting that it appears the Thargoids damage is scaled depending on the ship which is a bit meh...(IE every ship regardless of gear or size seems to survive about the same length of time as each other). That is the same Goid type i found at my SS however if he did as much damage to your ship as he did to my Annie you'd have been killed in like, 3 hits. It seems like FD have taken measures to ensure people always have a chance to escape which is a little disappointing from my end but no doubt a positive to others.

I noticed that too. My Adder without any H/MRP survived two attacks easily while other people get way more damage in the same time window.

Top Bottom