Well done FD, Thargoid station attack rescue

No, I can get into the bit where you dock no problem. Have shifted over 2,000 refugees.

For a laugh I thought I'd try and get into the habitation ring, the usually sealed bit with green fields and tower blocks in that's behind the bit where you dock. That's where I got stuck. I was curious if a bitter pilot than me could get through and in there. As the ring is broken it's open, but there's stuff in the way. Burning stuff, and I caught the tail on some and, well, had a brief interaction with a rebuy screen.

Wasn't there a force field visible protecting not damaged parts? Reddit has few screenshots.

No, I can get into the bit where you dock no problem. Have shifted over 2,000 refugees.

For a laugh I thought I'd try and get into the habitation ring, the usually sealed bit with green fields and tower blocks in that's behind the bit where you dock. That's where I got stuck. I was curious if a bitter pilot than me could get through and in there. As the ring is broken it's open, but there's stuff in the way. Burning stuff, and I caught the tail on some and, well, had a brief interaction with a rebuy screen.

Been there, done that. In a Cutter. Got stucked and panicked. I was able to save myself with FA-OFF. First I thought that was collision detection bug until I turned my camera on. Nice task for the evening. In a smaller ship this time. Too much hair pulled off form my head. O7

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
I'll have a rummage. I must admit, I don't get reddit.

You don't need reddit, you've got me :) Yes there is a forcefield, great touch of detail. Arithon said he tried to fly a SLF through it too and couldn't

63tAHUp.jpg

They'll always be a subhuman that would find shooting rescuers amusing.

Personally, I like the idea of the Rescue Missions, CMDR ArcAngel_LR and myself have been doing runs at Karov Station and really enjoying the new risk vs reward take.

This, in my opinion is a breath of fresh air. More of this please.

Gary

It would be a shame if I switch over to Mobius when this happens... :rolleyes:

Sigh.... if you are going to switch to Mobius at the first hint of PvP - you should stay there or solo and not go into open. It's not like high-waking is hard to begin with.

Finally more rescuers at Karov Survey. Unfortunately, one of those said rescuers bounced me back into the station for a few seconds, causing me to launch another heat sink. I have it down to 1 per run.

I have also found out that evacutating refugees from the Station counts towards your 500 Passenger Trophy. So rather than boring deep space tourist missions, rescuing makes it more worth it.

Gary

stormyuk

Volunteer Moderator
Finally more rescuers at Karov Survey. Unfortunately, one of those said rescuers bounced me back into the station for a few seconds, causing me to launch another heat sink. I have it down to 1 per run.

I have also found out that evacutating refugees from the Station counts towards your 500 Passenger Trophy. So rather than boring deep space tourist missions, rescuing makes it more worth it.

Gary

Do these fleeing refugees pay well? :D

If you get them within your time bonus, they pay up an extra 100,000cr (from Station to Rescue ship is a mere 2 or 3 secs in Hyperspace. Time bonus is usually 4min)

So far, I've managed to go from 252Mil Cr to 254Mil Cr in a few hours. I upgraded my cabins to 2 X 16, giving me a total of 32 people per run. Not only that, you also may be rewarded (over and above credits) Cargo or Data. Would be interesting to see if the Thargoids attack ground installations. So far, it's only been Space based.

This is my Rescue Only Keelback; https://coriolis.edcd.io/outfit/kee...g=..EweloBhBGA2EoFMCGBzANokMK6A=&bn=Carpathia

Gary

It's my "money maker" activity. I can earn over 2 mil in one round trip that I can complete in under 10 minutes, and while I suppose it's a "grind", it's a fun grind that actually feels natural, in that going back and forth all day to ferry people to safety is something that happens IRL when disasters occur.

The only negative is that passengers needing rescue actually deplete over time, so I do this for about an hour or so and then take a break, and come back later after the passenger lounge has repopulated.

ps - I use a shieldless Type-7 with 148 passenger cabins. I also have one 3E cargo hold because many of these fool passengers refuse to get off my ship unless I accept their "gifts of gratitude", LOL. I've never had so much fun with a Type-7!

They do but they whine a lot.
"Why is it taking so long?"
"I just sat down and strapped in - why do we have to wait for other refugees? I'm on board, let's go already."
"I want to get there in 20 seconds after I sit down or I'm going to be dissatisfied with your horrible service."
"Are we there yet?"
"Are we there yet?"
"Are we there yet?"

Top Bottom