Well - that SUCKED!

VIP Psgr Mission worth 12M+ credits. NOT paid.

4 systems (one of which darn near killed me because two of the 4 stars in it were so close together my ship started overheating the instant I dropped out of witch space and another where I got attacked by a pirate at the visitor beacon. what? On the way to it yeah - but while I'm there. Never ever been attacked at one before in 100's of psgr flights - never)

860+ LY's traveled

430,000+ LS traveled

AND 2 wasted hours. All because I didn't fly the d.amned mission in the order listed. What difference does it make what order the mission gets flown IN? Seriously What Difference.

OH - and wow - 33 ARX earned. Go ahead frontier - kick me while I'm down.

Bug? Probably not.

Feature? Probably and an exceedingly oh so very STUPID one if it is.

Time for a beer now.

It's just a game after all. Just a game. Keep saying that - just a game - a stupid game.

Just like in real life, one pays for and signs a contract for a specific job to be done and if it's not. Sorry no pay! Think about it, your wife is depending on you to watch the kids so she can go to work. You hire an Uber for example and he/she/it decides to take course that is way out of the normal route and causes you to be an hour late. Are you going to pay him/her/it?

AND 2 wasted hours. All because I didn't fly the d.amned mission in the order listed. What difference does it make what order the mission gets flown IN? Seriously What Difference.

"Here are your orders CMDR, you must follow them or you won't get paid!" => for instance your passenger need to visit these systems in this order due to contracts they need to get signed in one system to be turned in at the next, if you do them in the wrong order the contracts won't get signed or delivered, there's one possible scenario, but it doesn't really matter why they want to do them in this order and they don't need to tell you, you're just the paid help, screw up and you don't get paid, that's all you need to know!

I'm surprised you've never been attacked at a beacon before .... has happened to me a good couple of times, but long ago. (I haven't done passenger missions in over a year)
One I lost the passenger's good will and he 'asked' me to let him out at the next available station because he didn't like the ship being attacked. The other, the NPC jumped into the beacon location beside me but wasn't positioned to shoot and I, having already scanned it, jumped out quickly.
Count yourself lucky :D

I actually agree with the point about order of visits. If he tells me he wants to go to Sol via Achenar yeah I can do that. If tells me he wants to go to Sol and Achenar and moans because I go to Sol first, he's going to have an unfortunate solar accident on the way home.

That mission sounds like why I like passenger missions though. Some of the regular passenger missions can be a laugh too, flying a python full of relief workers and terrorists into a war zone with a guy who just asked you to buy him four tons of scotch.

VIP Psgr Mission worth 12M+ credits. NOT paid.

4 systems (one of which darn near killed me because two of the 4 stars in it were so close together my ship started overheating the instant I dropped out of witch space and another where I got attacked by a pirate at the visitor beacon. what? On the way to it yeah - but while I'm there. Never ever been attacked at one before in 100's of psgr flights - never)

860+ LY's traveled

430,000+ LS traveled

OH - and wow - 33 ARX earned. Go ahead frontier - kick me while I'm down.

Bug? Probably not.

Feature? Probably and an exceedingly oh so very STUPID one if it is.

Time for a beer now.

It's just a game after all. Just a game. Keep saying that - just a game - a stupid game.

Yeah... I did that before. LOL

I'm surprised you've never been attacked at a beacon before .... has happened to me a good couple of times, but long ago. (I haven't done passenger missions in over a year)
One I lost the passenger's good will and he 'asked' me to let him out at the next available station because he didn't like the ship being attacked. The other, the NPC jumped into the beacon location beside me but wasn't positioned to shoot and I, having already scanned it, jumped out quickly.
Count yourself lucky :D
Following you onto a beacon still happens. Fortunately.(y)

Yep, pirate attacks happen at visitor beacons too. Easiest thing is to jump out and back in. Usually takes them longer than it takes to scan the beacon. Or, if your tour ship is outfitted well, just blow them the frell away and give a bonus tour of their remains.

tbh I wouldn't trade the pickiness and inanity of VIP customers for the world. It really makes me feel like I'm working for a bunch of rich people.

The mission objective icon only appears on the galmap for the active target in the mission - unless the OP never even looked at the galmap .... :eek:

(and that is why we can never have nice things like more complex missions, people who fail at even simple 'go to X' missions ....)

Dear Passengers
Due to disruptive complaining during transit, there have been changes in the flight plan. Our next destination is an agricultural labour camp in Ququve system, where you will become newest members to the Utopian society. Those proven worthy through praise of the Great Leader may be eligible for medical research or have their minds installed on microchips or something. We will now perform a series of high g-force maneuvers to guarantee comfortable remaining travel time. Flight attendants are happy to help with any questions you may have. Unfortunately the gym is still closed.

Deleted member 182079

D
Failed a 1800ly secretive explorer mission recently because I saw a pretty ringed world half way there and decided to drop in for the views.

Cue pirate ship spawning and scanning me, explorer got annoyed, mission abandoned.

I still ended up going to the destination as the actual reason I picked it was to do some sightseeing as those can be quite interesting spots. Was worth it even though the "cargo" was bugged upon return to base, as they didn't eject as suggested. Menu log sorted it.

A personal 'favourite' of mine is when a passenger's destination requires a long time in supercruise, and about two minutes away from docking complains that the journey is taking too long and jumps ship.

Oh how I enjoy this rich and involving personal narrative.

I suppose it would be nice for the mission to clarify whether or not the traveller(s) wish to visit sites in the order listed. I haven't flown any passenger missions for a while so I don't know if this is already the case, though I suspect not because the OP would have noticed. Sorry for your profit loss cmdr :(

I quit doing passenger missions when we lost the ability to eject them.

Many a demanding client burned away as I scooped fuel.

Top Bottom