What additional shops would you like to see in Planet Zoo?

Now I'm interested. Which Shops where included?

From what I can remember those were food shops from different cultures around the world, like noodles from Asia brand, ribs from America, sweets from France, sausage shop from Germany etc.

Not sure if its the reason for not including those to PZ, but maybe they wanted those brands to be exclusive to Worlds Fair DLC for Planet Coaster? I know different game, but it was one of the main features of that DLC if I recall correctly.

Last edited:
From what I can remember those were food shops from different cultures around the world, like noodles from asia brand, ribs from america, sweets from france, sausage shop from germany etc.
Those sound great. I already thought international Food could be a good Idea when I've worked on my Orangutan Breeding Center on Borneo

I had another idea, something I see a lot in zoos that have a full fledged gift shop are books about animals. Maybe some kind of book stand that would also count towards education, but not specifically towards one animal?

I think it would be really cool to see some larger guest buildings. Maybe a sit down restaurant or a gift shop modeled after actual zoo and museum gift shops that you could see guests walking through. A small museum building would also be really cool! The zoo closest to me (I don't live in a city big enough to have its own) has a really cool museum in it that you could spend a whole day in on its own.
That zoo also turned the tiny cages they used to keep their tigers and lions in and converted the building into a big cafe with educational signs about how far zoos have come since then. The cages are all seating areas now. I know that isn't totally relevant to the discussion but it is a cool thing real zoos have done with shops so I thought I'd mention it!
I also really want to see photo booths! Setting up cool spots to place them would be really fun and pictures would make really cool souvenirs.

Plush animals, tshirts, face painting. Pony or camel rides would be cool but only if they had sufficient space to house them. None of that inhumane where they are tied to a post and walk in a 20 foot circle. By extension a petting zoo feature would be pretty neat.

I agree that food carts would be great. They would fill in small sections and bring in more money. Plus, if you could make them match the area, it would be one more interactive thing in your region.

Tee shirts and stuffed animals are definitely popular gift shop items in real life zoos. Also, books about animals, and maybe other types of toys and animal-related games. Oh, and wildlife pictures and posters. Most zoos I've been to have a decent sized gift shop near the exit/entrance area, not just little kiosks.

A sit-down style restaurant would be cool too, though it is certainly possible to build a sort of indoor or covered food court with the food kiosks and tables.

There are so many good suggestions here - stuffed animals, facepainting, expanded restaurant options, yes please!

I would like something like a photobooth - maybe just a toggleable station option, or maybe even a placeable camera for things like the boat and savannah ride where guests have the option to buy a photo of themselves upon exiting. I don't know if that's a thing in PlanCo, but it would be a fun addition.

I'd also love the option to do private/smaller tours or experiences than the current animal talks, or a showstage area with a set location and/or number of tickets/seats, so that keepers and animal ambassadors could educate guests in another way that's authentic to zoos, and on the player side makes it easier to avoid crowding. On that note, a media theater where you can choose to show a film - maybe about one of the animals you've fully researched, or some other list of conservation-related subjects like the boards - for guests to rest and get some education, and maybe get some popcorn too.

I want all the food shops in planet coaster and an additional stand like a food cart that’s smaller than the stalls now but bigger than a vending machine

I checked and the memento shop does have plushies, tee shirts, and books, though I never see the guests walking around with them the way they do the hats or balloons.

I'd still like to see a "large" version of gift shops or sit down restaurants that have actual displays and areas for customers to browse. I know some people have made workshop items to that effect, but the customers always clip through these things when you place them in a walkway. It would be cool if there were a way to actually have people browsing the wares in a gift shop.

I like the idea in post 29 of privately guided tour groups is cool. Another thing that real zoos often have are amphitheaters, where educators give periodic shows with animals trained to do what were once called "tricks" and are not more accurately termed "behaviors on cue," and of course with an emphasis on education and conservation. The San Diego zoo's bird talk show is really good, for example, and of course seal and elephant shows are always popular. I can only imagine the beautiful designs workshoppers could come up with if this were available. The trick, I suppose, is pathing, as currently guests can only walk on walkways, and I don't know if the engine supports creating non path structures where guests can enter.

I guess these aren't "shops" in the same sense, but they would definitely be cool.

I'd like to see little movie theater options. Many zoos have rest areas in an exhibit (particularly in underground exhibits) where there's some benches and a short movie loop about some topic. Like, another education option for the game. Something like a screen in the construction menu that has a selection of short-ish animal themed ggifs as a 'movie' for the game.

Face painting is a great idea. More food brand variety (healthy options!)

Top Bottom