What are you doing in Elite?

Been doing some engineering. Successfully got a load of meta alloys in the Pleiades to unlock Felicity Farseer (just before the Thargoid invasion :)). Having done that, I now picked up up a load of Soontil relics to unlock the next engineer. Currently heading towards that engineer to deliver them (and sell off the extras later). I have a long trip in front of me - something like 77 jumps. Tonight I took about 15 off that itinerary before I got the "servers are going to be offline" warning. I guess I'll have to resume tomorrow. :)

I took this shot near a brown dwarf tonight. Honestly, I was tired and wasn't paying attention, so I nearly crashed into it, forcing me out of SC. :eek: Hard burn to get back into SC!

bIryZ
Rog35DYl.png

I put off playing ED for the last two weeks or so, but now it feels good to be back in the void again. There is witchcraft to this game. [up]

Last edited:
@TheLivingdeadguy

Would you guys care for an extra hand? I haven't played with the BGS factions, mainly because it felt pointless to try as 1 person.

I'm currently working towards unlocking the Corvette.

38% to go. :D

I just need to stop wasting time trying to do piracy missions. I've failed all 11 I've taken on so far.

Mainly because I get annoyed and blow up the ship for not dropping the right cargo. Lol

CMDR Cosmic Spacehead

If a human player faction is involved we try to look the other way. Plenty of other people needing help without both sides throwing 1,000s of poor npc combat ships into a meat grinder.

Npc factions though? Fair game.

I wish you joy of your HR business nevertheless. o7

What a refreshingly enlightened view.

I was working an extraction corporation faction.
I was RP'ing the missions to suit what I was doing, which was this -

Pick up data contract missions from the excorp faction. Check out the faction delivered to and see what sell prices they had in market for hauling runs. If I liked that faction I would deem it a buisness partner and RP missions from this secondary source.
I got a very nice narrative run doing these which I'd like to share.

I took a delivery contract out to another faction whom I liked so we struck a partnership deal. A mission to go collect wine was available from my new partner. What better way to seal the deal right. Off I went.
As I was stocking the wine aboard ship, I got the change of destination message for the wine. New destination was at my excorp faction hq. Its a plan then. See you all there with the wine.
On my way back I get the 'watch it, goons incoming' string. I take it theyre all just having a laugh and a joke together back at hq sending 2 novice goons after me to hijack the wine.

Thats the narrative for 2 missions I picked up. For alot of ED players they never see it as there just A to B credit grinding, not all ofcourse.
This is what gets shot everytime Fdev feel they need to change the boards to suit those other players. Its a dammed shame.

Im out Goid researching now.

@TheLivingdeadguy

Would you guys care for an extra hand? I haven't played with the BGS factions, mainly because it felt pointless to try as 1 person.

Its not pointless. It depends what your trying to achieve.

Just waiting for the new stuff to come next year.

Thargoids and CGs (yawn) aren’t (so far) filling me with excitement.

Gonna wait for the planet colour fix then maybe go exploring again.

Busy, busy, busy - need a holiday!

We've pushed a faction to the brink of war with our own faction, we already own the system but we want the secondary port too.

There's a couple of other systems where we need to do the same before we give any thought to expanding again.

So it will be all out war over the weekend I imagine as our corporation grabs total control from the dictatorship that had held this system.

The difference between them and us? If a famine or outbreak appears within a 100LY of our home systems we end it. Evacuate refugees, bring in supplies. That kinda thing. Last week we ended a famine and evacuated more than 1,000 refugees.

At the same time we've been working away at our 'end slavery' campaign. Just yesterday we closed a slave market in a system on our doorstep.

Got a group mining event on Saturday. Those are always fun.

Sunday is 'engineering day'. I can't decide if I'm gonna unlock Quent or Turner but it will be one of them.

In the background I'm also planning the way points for our Christmas expedition to Colonia - if anyone knows any cool planets en route that would make good base camps I'd be very grateful for the names! It's getting close now, setting off in December.

How can anyone possibly get bored of this game?!!!

Love it.

Deleted member 110222

D
Currently prepping "Celestial Unicorn" for exploration. Hit the best part of 35ly today, hoping to get to that number properly in the coming weeks.

Yesterday I bought myself an iCourier and now I am going to Engineer it.

When it is sufficiently Engineered I shall be taking it on a trip to test it against a Thargoid.

The Thargoids have been around for some time now, and I thought it was about time that I had some sort of Thargoid experience/inter-action.

Exploring - heading towards the Perseus Crags, whatever they are. I need to make up for a lot of wasted time as well - I've just had it confirmed (though I suspected - guess I should pay more attention and stop being such a n00b) that using the discovery scanner honk alone doesn't tag you as first discoverer of unexplored systems when you hand in your cartographic data, and I've handed in a lot in the past few weeks.

I'm a bit hacked off to be honest, but never mind, per ardua ad astra and all that.

Going hunting. A somewhat well-known troll blew up my empty unarmed trader the other night--was the first time in 2.5 years, partly due to me watching hockey on the other screen while flying in open, always a good idea when flying in busy space, and then I made three idiotic mistakes during the interdiction and subsequent sequence that allowed for my kaboom. Didn't really bother me financially--made it back 15 min later. I'm more interested to see what their skills are when faced with a ship having weapons. :D

I'm guessing it will end in one of three ways: 50% I can't find them, 20% they are able to escape, 20% they blow me up, 10% I have a story to tell my grandkids about, whenever I have grandkids.

I am currently exploring, but not for much longer anymore I am on the way back. And then some bgs stuff, probably some CGs here and there and maybe I have to something with those Thargoids if they get too fancy, who knows. I never really have a plan so I'm never 100% sure what I will do next.

But if theres nothing I currently fancy doing then I play something else, that can happen and is normal.

Unlocking all the engineers. I have 3 left. Need to get to Dangerous combat rank to unlock the next one (i forget her name), currently on 94% Master, so not long to go.
Actually have loved unlocking all the engineers and taking part in all the different activities required.
CMDR Westyb

at the moment I'm trying to make my anaconda work better using the engineers... I am trying to use anaconda as a PVE ship but without engineers upgrades it's impossible.
I not want make more billions... I have already all what I need (thanks to the "legit exploit fest" of the last years).

the announcement of the "Beyond" not enthuse me ... in fact I'm thinking of stopping to improve my anaconda and wait better times.

at the moment I am waiting for something ^_^"

I am doing a bit of role-play. Get a home-base, get allied with your chosen homebase faction and try and influence the background sim - makes everything much more meaningful.

Just about everything:
- doing missions for my faction or whatever helps the bgs for us
- doing some passenger runs
- smuggling
- some bounty hunting
- a bit of powerplay: fortification and crime sweeps
- trying to get in on the Inara research
- participate in cg's
- some exploration from time to time (almost never beyond 9kly though, I start to miss the bubble at about that distance)
- tinker around with the engineers for my smaller ships. The larger ones are pretty much engineered the way I like em

And on my way to the Pleiades as we speak to get me some Thargoid samples. (Oh boy I hope I don't have to cough up the 25 mil rebuy for the Anaconda I took there.. It will make that first contact that much more exciting though :D)

I've been waiting for today and the changing of the CG's.
I'll get home from work in a few hours, change into my lingere, settle in for a while to collect my CG pay from last week, maybe check out these new flak weapons to see if they're any fun to frell around with, make some runs on the current CG's so I'll have a paycheck waiting for me next week, and then.. if it's not too late, go back to No Man's Sky for a while and see if I can't scrape up enough units to buy a freighter - or perhaps scavenge for a new ship. I'm a few systems in, upgraded my suit, found an S-class rifle, have a decent farm set up, and still getting about in my C-class starting fighter.

Did I mention there was yet another update? Nothing as spectacular as Atlas Rising, but a nice collection of bug-fixes, and they implemented my suggestion for better inventory management.. so yay for that.

Elite's Delayed Content Release is a bit less than engaging. A little something each week is nice, but it's been so little that, well... I'm just hoping the 2.4 content releases will continue until the 3.0 launch when things will really start to take shape.

Top Bottom