General / Off-Topic What are you reading currently?

As some of you may know I'm a bit of a computer history buff. Yet, despite owning the book for a number of years, I never quite got around to reading 'Where Wizards Stay Up Late' (Katie Hafner and Matthew Lyon). It's essentially a history of how the Internet came to be and it turns out it's superb.

I'm also re-reading Steven Levy's "Hackers" (nothing to do with the film), which is more to do with the hacker mindset from its early days of TX-0 and PDP-1 hacking (and even more before that, with model railway enthusiasts at MIT).

And I'm also starting to read 'Fumbling The Future: How Xerox Invented, Then Ignored, The First Personal Computer', which is a part of computer history I've always been intrigued by.

I've also read and finished the new Lee Child, 'The Midnight Line' which is another of his Jack Reacher novels and a damn good one too. Slightly different to his previous ones.
This post.
Well thanks goodness Jobs saw the potential and gates copied from jobs. Maybe Frontier should take note at their 'missed' opportunities. Me I collect the physical retro artefact rather than just read about them.

First Colony - Ken Lozito

First colony.jpg

For three hundred thousand colonists, the new colony brings the promise of a fresh start…a second chance. Connor might be the wrong man for the colony, but he’s the right man to see that it survives what’s coming.

Last edited:

Mu77ley

Volunteer Moderator
John Carter’s Chronicles of Mars by Edgar Rice Burroughs.

Never read any if these before, but picked up a TTRPG based on the setting for peanuts, so thought I'd learn something about it before running any games.

The Murderbot diaries and after that I have "I, Lady Macbeth" scheduled, the story of the prelude to a massacre.
I’m just on book 4 Exit Strategy right now - and really enjoying them. Playing Starfield at the same time has coloured my imagination in how the books “look” 😁

Also re-reading LotR for the nth time - the same copy that my big sis bought me in the mid-80s and went on every deployment with me, and is definitely showing it!

IMG_3102.jpeg

Top Bottom