What can we realistically expect next

I also wonder about the long term viability of franchise mode, with it being tied to a market and server. How long will they maintain the server, no one knows, but I would expect at least that it'll be equal to the amount of time they put in full support and DLC - 3 years of DLC through 2022, 3 years of server being maintained, to carry through all of 2025. Of course, it could be longer, but I'd be surprised if it's shorter. There's also the amount of animals on the market to take into account. As player numbers drop off, which they will over time eventually, there will be less and less offerings available. Thus discouraging people to invest more time in Franchise mode...which leads to player drop off....and so the cycle will continue.

I'd honestly like to see an alternate franchise mode at that point, one that's NOT tied to a player-based market. Animals are a set price and always available, much like most other zoo games. Set price can mean by species, or it can also take into account genetics, but animals with lower stats would always be a set price, higher stats higher price...but the most important thing - they would always be available. so like....a market that's independent of a server with other players and with Frontier offering animals sporadically, but still franchise in the sense your own zoos are connected.

If that doesn't happen, and servers go down eventually, the game essentially becomes a sandbox only game. Which, isn't awful. You can make your own challenges via settings in sandbox, make it as easy or difficult as you want. But having that preset in franchise has been helpful.
I hope our zoos remain connected after the servers go down

I also wonder about the long term viability of franchise mode, with it being tied to a market and server. How long will they maintain the server, no one knows, but I would expect at least that it'll be equal to the amount of time they put in full support and DLC - 3 years of DLC through 2022, 3 years of server being maintained, to carry through all of 2025. Of course, it could be longer, but I'd be surprised if it's shorter. There's also the amount of animals on the market to take into account. As player numbers drop off, which they will over time eventually, there will be less and less offerings available. Thus discouraging people to invest more time in Franchise mode...which leads to player drop off....and so the cycle will continue.

I'd honestly like to see an alternate franchise mode at that point, one that's NOT tied to a player-based market. Animals are a set price and always available, much like most other zoo games. Set price can mean by species, or it can also take into account genetics, but animals with lower stats would always be a set price, higher stats higher price...but the most important thing - they would always be available. so like....a market that's independent of a server with other players and with Frontier offering animals sporadically, but still franchise in the sense your own zoos are connected.

If that doesn't happen, and servers go down eventually, the game essentially becomes a sandbox only game. Which, isn't awful. You can make your own challenges via settings in sandbox, make it as easy or difficult as you want. But having that preset in franchise has been helpful.
I don't play Franchise so it's no big deal to me, but I imagine they would probably just implement Franchise features into Challenge Mode so it becomes something of a hybrid. Then in Challenge Mode you can connect a franchise of zoos while still having the usual trappings of Franchise (economy, etc.).

I don't play Franchise so it's no big deal to me, but I imagine they would probably just implement Franchise features into Challenge Mode so it becomes something of a hybrid. Then in Challenge Mode you can connect a franchise of zoos while still having the usual trappings of Franchise (economy, etc.).
That would work. I don't play challenge mode as I don't like the fact you have to research building again every zoo, but if did a hybrid where that was already researched (or, you had to do it once and it was set), I'd be okay with challenge mode. I wouldn't even be against researching animals every zoo, it can be a good time marker for when to add something new in. As long as challenge mode provided a steady flow of animals into the market that would be fine. I don't mind paying variable prices, I just figured since most non-online zoo games had animals set as a certain price, that would be the most logical route.

Well I never really thought restaurants would be making their way into PZ
Which reminds me, does PC or JWE have restaurant?
im kinda getting a European vibe looking at the one in the pic posted today
Also considering bernies bakes made its way into PZ I bet this means frontier will consider more shops in the future

Well I never really thought restaurants would be making their way into PZ
Which reminds me, does PC or JWE have restaurant?
im kinda getting a European vibe looking at the one in the pic posted today
Also considering bernies bakes made its way into PZ I bet this means frontier will consider more shops in the future
yeah, the restaurant does have a european vibe architecturally which could be interesting there.

I am sure you are all excited for our dlc announcement that should be tomorrow. I’m a bit curious as to what it may be due to the preview pics.
Following the release formula involving traditional teaser, preview, announcement and Tuesday release I believe this may be a 4+1 and theme.
Many have been suggesting this is the aviary pack, I really want it but I’m not sure this will be the one.
Europe has been highly suggested as the restaurant gives a European vibe.
Some have seen bouys suggesting a coastal theme.
Some have said capybaras will appear.
Now we know that burrows are going to be added, I’m wondering if this is a hint of a “burrowing dlc”.
Anyone else got thoughts? Also feel free to place your bets, let’s see who is the most accurate for the big announcement.

I am sure you are all excited for our dlc announcement that should be tomorrow. I’m a bit curious as to what it may be due to the preview pics.
Following the release formula involving traditional teaser, preview, announcement and Tuesday release I believe this may be a 4+1 and theme.
Many have been suggesting this is the aviary pack, I really want it but I’m not sure this will be the one.
Now we know that burrows are going to be added, I’m wondering if this is a hint of a “burrowing dlc”.
Anyone else got thoughts? Also feel free to place your bets, let’s see who is the most accurate for the big announcement.
Watch todays livestream, plenty of information

The recent live stream from frontier indicates that it clearly will be a normal Europe DLC. The animals were also introduced coded by a fairy tale. You can check the other threads in which the possible new animals are heavily discussed.

Love the new update and the live stream!

As a European I was missing out on the European animals like lynx, badger and Ibex. I know they might not be so appealing to all but those animals are a big part off what I see in the zoo’s I visit i Europe. Especially the smaller non-cityzoo’s.

I was thinking though (and got a bit sad): there was a leak that told us to expect 12 dlcs (whohoo!) but I think we already have 10 as by next week if we include the music pack and the deluxe pack, or do they not count (I hope!).

Otherwise we only have 2 left. That could make sense because than it would be quite the same as planet coaster if I’m not mistaken.

I was thinking though (and got a bit sad): there was a leak that told us to expect 12 dlcs (whohoo!) but I think we already have 10 as by next week if we include the music pack and the deluxe pack, or do they not count (I hope!).
Deluxe edition and music pack dont count. Europe pack is Content8 and there are still 9, 10, 11, 12.

Love the new update and the live stream!

As a European I was missing out on the European animals like lynx, badger and Ibex. I know they might not be so appealing to all but those animals are a big part off what I see in the zoo’s I visit i Europe. Especially the smaller non-cityzoo’s.

Otherwise we only have 2 left. That could make sense because than it would be quite the same as planet coaster if I’m not mistaken.
It wasn't a leak, but a datamine, that found folders named content1, content2, ..., content 12.

Music and deluxe are not included in these bdcahse they are not in content[num] folders.

Great! I hoped so 🙏😃
And I would not exclude the possibility that we get after these very likely next 4 DLCs even more DLCs. These content folders 8-12 were found only recently. So I think Frontier plans at the moment only in 1 year steps. But it isn't said that there could bot be another year when the game sells further well. I can not exclude that there will be Ende of DLC next year but I have some I think realistic hope that it must not be.

No, as far as I know, it is not known into which content folders the capabara belongs.

Top Bottom