Frankly, it sounds like you've just designed an entirely different game.I'd like to see
Actually who am I kidding. I could write a book about all that inhibits this game's shine, but there's already been far more than a book's worth of explanation and discussion archived in history without there ever being any indication the current mess is anything other than worshiped as sacred.
- Boosters deleted entirely, replaced with engineering voucher tickets.
- only one HRP can be used at a time, and only if no shield.
- Base shield buffed to balance.
- Hull and HRP buffed to balance.
- Hull, HRP, and shield mods reconfigured to be more horizontal in stats.
- One MRP limit, with buffed module integrities across the board, or nerfed penetration/seeker module damage.
- Emissive removed, replaced with thermal cascade, and thermal cascade increases accuity of target by what's effective to +15% heat, even during silent.
- Dumbfires to have minimum arming time, long enough for PD to do something.
- Plasma set to thermal damage only, and buffed 40%
- Cannons buffed 30%
- Make the burst laser exactly like the rail gun, merge all existing railguns to the burst, with slightly more damage, less dps, less efficiency, and get rid of the original not-very-compatible-with-engineering-mods-tripple-hit-burst laser.
- Reinvent the railgun to be a projectile weapon, has projectile velocity of 3km/s, inflicts explosive damage (like a real rail gun and not this fony theExpanse hole maker nonsense), and has a highly efficient ammo stock due to not requiring charge packed rounds, but costs a lot more cap to fire.
- Make all ships top speed 1000 m/s, where they differentiate only by acceleration, and their acceleration tapers off linearly beginning at their current top boost speed - to reduce the effectiveness of reverski, enhance kiting, chasing, the general enjoyment of going fast, and all without negatively affecting joust.
- Ships that have trash speed and firepower to have greatly enhanced shielding, hull, module protection, or all of the above.
- All ships medium, or larger, chosen to have enhanced offensive and defensive capability, to have slightly reduced maneuverability and/or turn rates.
- Light fighters to have significantly lower boost cost and boost cool-down, possibly even an extra pair of small weapons, and not just for the asp scout.
TRY to be reasonable in your proposed changes. We're expecting TWEAKS, not massive overhauls of the ENTIRE combat system.