What did I miss??

I've just come back to ED after a year or so and like a complete pudding I accepted a cargo mission tat I was woefully unequipped for.

I had to source and deliver about 2,100 units of something or other without realising that my cargo capacity was 112 - meaning this was going to take a fair few trips.

I thought, fair play, my fault - I'll just make multiple (thankfully not too long) trips....... everything was going relatively well, probably 60% of the way there when out of the blue I get a message saying that I've failed the mission!?!?!?

So with absolutely no indication that there was a time limit, I've not only lost all the time it's taken but the ****-ton of the cargo I had delivered appears to have vanished since the mission is no loger listed anywhere as far as I can tell??

Is this commonplace with the missions - just an arbitrary time limit (or similar) that it doesn't tell you about??

Really disappointed as I really wanted to get back into this game but this has basically just wasted about 4m credits and a load of time (I know 4m isn't a lot in the scheme of things but I only had 9m when I logged back in!)

No idea what you are doing wrong, those haulage missions give you 24hrs to complete, the time is clearly displayed on the mission screen and on your left panel (Transactions panel)

Below is an example, I've picked up a mission to haul 972 tonnes (My T9's capacity is 752 tonnes) So that is two trips to be finished within 24 hours.

Last edited:
Is this commonplace with the missions - just an arbitrary time limit (or similar) that it doesn't tell you about??
You have to look at the screen, or you won't see the time limits

BkVXYVa.png

and remember you can scroll down mission details - some people miss the scrollbars:

WRyouaA.png

And again - scroll down before you take the mission:

TYbcWs7.png

Last edited:
Yes; with the new partial-delivery system in place, you lose any credit for any cargo you delivered, under most circumstances. If it's a dleivery mission (yours sounds like a "procurement" or go-fetch mission rather than delivry) and you pick up all the requested cargo but lose some of it (to pirates etc.), then you can apply for partial credit, if you managed to deliver at least half of it. But failing to pick it all up means mission failure. And for delivery missions, failure means forfeiture of all partially-delivered cargo.

On the subject of "things you've missed", when it comes to missions:
  • The game now allows you to accept delivery missions which you are currently under-equipped for. This was added as a result of complaints: "I own a T9 with 900 tonnes of cargo space - why won't it let me accept this delivery mission while I'm sitting in my Vulture?".
  • There are now "wing missions", which are deliberately designd to be difficult for a single pilot to complete - usually something like hauling a ridiculous amount of cargo that you barely break even on. Thes are designed to be completed with a friend, or bunch of friends, in a Wing. Everybody in the Wing gets the same mission reward, which encourages everyone int he wing to do their fair share of hauling (or killing, or whatever the mission requires of you).
  • Relogging no longer refreshes the mission board; the mission boards are now locked to the matchmaker servers, so they stay the same, no matter how many times you re-log.
  • You now have a choice of mission rewards: rather than just taking whatever the faction wants to give you, you can now pick and choose from one of three possible options (options are things like credits, reputation, influence, or cargo/mats).

Top Bottom