What ever happend to the Panther Clipper LX ?

Though in FE2 the Panther's cargo capacity also had to include hyperdrive, weapons (unless you were doing ultra-safe systems only or relying on ramming), shield generators (likewise), and various utility modules so the practical cargo capacity was more like 1200-1400t depending on how reckless you were with defences.
I used to kit my panther out with two massive turret guns and the rest of the space as shields. Jump to a system, stop, put out a distress call and wait to swat the pirates. They had no chance.

FDev will need to make a community goal to increase the size of letterboxes for all stations and add XL landing pads before releasing the Panther LX.

FDev will need to make a community goal to increase the size of letterboxes for all stations and add XL landing pads before releasing the Panther LX.

If the LX is too big then it could stay outside a station and send small NPC cargo haulers to load and unload. If you want to dock use a smaller ship from the LX's hangar.

Files relevant to the Panther Clipper were found buried in the Odyssey alpha, along with other things that were eventually released later. So while the PC is dormant, it ain't dead yet.

Files for the Panther have been in the game files for something like a decade.

The Panther wouldn't simply have twice the cargo space of the T9 by being twice as big. The size 8 FSD will need room too, to enable the fully laden ship to jump anywhere. Probably size 8 thrusters too, and maybe size 7 plant and distributor. Though with a plant smaller than drives and FSD it'll run hot. 1000-1200t cargo max I'd say. And it's my most wanted ship of them all.

If the LX is too big then it could stay outside a station and send small NPC cargo haulers to load and unload. If you want to dock use a smaller ship from the LX's hangar.
I'd actually happily spend my time flying a small cargo tug back and forth between ships and the station. Dodging all that traffic while doing it fast could be fun.

Last edited:
Just put two type-9's together with some tape and wire, remove some safety presets from thrusters and overcharge FSD, done.

First introduce the Cargo Shuttle into the game.

Why let NPCs have all the fun, and make FDev do all the extra coding, the Cargo Shuttles should be flown by us.

Top Bottom