What game are we NOT playing, because we're playing ED?

Perhaps it's just me but I don't understand this concept of playing just the one game instead of others. I'm playing ED but I'm playing other games as well. At the moment the another game I've been playing as well is Insurgency Sandstorm. I'm not great at it but I like the co-op modes.
Well, it's not intentional really. It's not like "I am NOT going to play any other games, as it's all about Elite!" (grumpy noises). It's more of a "What should I play today... OK, let's make a few more jumps towards Beagle and then play something else. Oh shoot it's 3 AM again..." kind of a deal :D
Answering the spirit of the thread more than the letter of the thread, I'm not playing X4 Foundations right now because I'm playing Space Engineers. I still love X4 Foundations, but it scratches different itches than SE (and vice-versa), and both games required a certain dedication when you're committed to achieving a specific goal.

I am always puzzled when someone assumes I no longer like one game because I'm raving about a different game. People thought I grew tired of SE back when I picked up X4. The reality is that both games are amazing, but I can only dedicate my attention to one at a time.

Like the OP, I have tons (though not as much as he) of games in my Steam catalog, and most go unplayed due to those tried and true few that just keep monopolizing my free time.

I would probably not be playing Barotrauma if I was playing ED. I am tho a very ardent subsimmer and what is better than submarines in space?! OK, technically they aren't in space.

Top Bottom