What happens if there us nowhere to expand to?

I know it's unlikely to happen but I'm just curious, if you have taken or at least are present in every system within expansion and investment (whatever the new investment is called) range when from a certain system but then try expanding again then what happens, do you just fail or does something else happen?

I know it's unlikely to happen but I'm just curious, if you have taken or at least are present in every system within expansion and investment (whatever the new investment is called) range when from a certain system but then try expanding again then what happens, do you just fail or does something else happen?
It can happen with factions in isolated areas, and the expansion just fails.

It used to put a suppression for a few months on expanding from that system again, so that if you had multiple systems at 75% it wouldn't keep expanding from the bad one. I haven't checked if that's still the case in 3.3.

(If you want to check, the systems in the outlying nebulae are probably the easiest - if they're over 75% influence and not expanding/pending, it's probably still the case)

Top Bottom