General Gameplay What if Sabotage could also include attempted theft of dinosaur genomes?

Similar to how it was in the first movie. What if the genomes that you have collected for your dinosaurs could be stolen?

If an employee from a division got fed up with how their situation is in the park, they could go to the laboratory and steal the genomes of your dinosaurs. Once this has occurred, there will be a briefcase generated in your park that will remain there for a brief period of time. This briefcase would have a red beacon to signify to have it be visible among the bushes and darkly lit areas. The player now has to get into their ranger vehicle and seek out to collect these briefcases by driving to them and collecting them, akin to repairing fences or refilling feeders. If all of the briefcases have been collected before time runs out, then the genomes to those dinosaurs would be restored. If a briefcase has not been collected when time has run out, then the genome of that dinosaur will be stolen. Players will now have to pay a penalty fee to restore the dinosaur genome in the incubation lab if they wish to use that dinosaur. That penalty fee will be based on the dinosaur genome stolen, and how pure the genome it was. So restoring a stolen struthiomimus genome will not be as expensive as restoring a sauropelta or giganotosaurus genome.

When the genomes are stolen, the dinosaur list in the incubation lab will be offline, this is so that players won't know which dinosaur genomes have been stolen until the situation has passed. Likewise, I think we could have 10% of the dinosaur genomes be stolen whenever this could occur. So if I have 10 dinosaur genomes, one will be stolen and I need to collect a single briefcase, if I have 60 dinosaur genomes, I would then have 6 briefcases to look out for. This is to make the sabotage more effective if it occurs in the later part of the game, as well as turning your larger parks into a self constructed maze you have to navigate through. The briefcases will also be visible in the ranger vehicle's top radar, similar to escaped dinosaurs or diseases. That way, the difficulty is not finding them, but getting to them before time runs out.

Top Bottom