What kind of animal pack would you like to see in the future?

Based on meta wishlist ranking results what animal packs would you be the most interested in?

African animal pack (lil something for everybody and everything what is the best in Sub Saharan Africa)
White rhino
Meerkat
Cape penguin
Brown fur seal (great substitute for California sea lion - lives in warmer climate too)
Red River hog
Porcupine
Serval

Eurasian animal pack (Brings on what is the best in Europe and Asia - not to mention covers a lot of the most requested from NA)
Moose
Przewalski horse
Iberian lynx
Amur leopard
Ibex
Beaver
Wolverine

SA animal pack (most voted species from SA which I still think is unrepresented enough)
Capybara
Puma (live throughout NA and SA)
Maned wolf
Sloth
Coati
Howler monkey
Spectacled bear

Desert animal pack (features deserts of Sahara, Middle East and India)
Fennec fox
Addax
Dromedary
Hamadryas baboon
Stripped hyena
Honey badger
Caracal

Endangered species animal pack (idea to cover the most wanted species not fitting well in the other packs)
Lar Gibbon (endangered)
Tasmanian devil (endangered)
Fossa (considered endangered now)
Scimitar oryx (extinct in the wild)
Père David’s deer (extinct in the wild)
Sumatran rhino (critically endangered)
Somali wild donkey (critically endangered)

I could also shrink at least 2 of the above packs into one: African and desert. We can exchange serval to fennec fox and completely give up on the desert animal pack.
However the lack of the desert animals in the the game is quite easy to spot so I hope we would get more desert unique creatures somehow.

Last edited:
I'd like all of them. I think I'd exchange out the caracal for a coyote in the the desert pack, but I understand this is going by the meta list. so I'd take it as is.

In order though probably Africa (#1 for sure) Europe/North America, South America, Desert, and Threatened in that order.

They would all be great Packs. I think the African pack is my most favourite of these proposals but I would also take the other packs.

I like how you covered all of the most requested North American animals without having to dedicate a full DLC pack to it. Whatever works works, so long as we get those animals in the end. I'd be a bit sad to not get the California sea lion, since I feel like it's simply too iconic to be substituted. Same for the lack of the American alligator. Emu too, but I realize how difficult that one is to slot into different packs without explicitly revisiting Australia. But overall I'd be stoked if this was what the rest of our DLC looked like.

I like how you covered all of the most requested North American animals without having to dedicate a full DLC pack to it. Whatever works works, so long as we get those animals in the end. I'd be a bit sad to not get the California sea lion, since I feel like it's simply too iconic to be substituted. Same for the lack of the American alligator. Emu too, but I realize how difficult that one is to slot into different packs without explicitly revisiting Australia. But overall I'd be stoked if this was what the rest of our DLC looked like.
I’ve researched that nearly all of the most requested species are very similar in NA and Eurasia.
I’ve put puma in SA and traded sea lion for a fur seal.
Unfortunately I had to left out alligator, wombat and emu :-(
Maybe they could include emu in avian pack

In my country we have both California sea lions and Brown fur seals in zoos and I’ve grown to love them both the same way. I thought that including fur seals would be more diverse because they are smaller, we can use them easier in warmer climate zoos and at the end their looks and behavior are very similar to California sea lion.

1618865417174.jpeg

1618865514627.jpeg

Brown fur seals in zoo Wroclaw - Poland

Last edited:
I would rather have a pack of 20 random new animals, but a theme pack with Markhor in it will also do. I can’t imagen a zoo game without Markhor, my favorite from zoo tycoon 2

Definitely your Eurasian pack. It has all the animals I am waiting for. Moose, Wolverine, Lynx, Przewalski Horse...If I was to get a pack made like that one, you wouldn't hear from me asking for anything anymore. It would satisfy all my PZ needs

I would rather have a pack of 20 random new animals, but a theme pack with Markhor in it will also do. I can’t imagen a zoo game without Markhor, my favorite from zoo tycoon 2
Nope, the markhor is too popular, don't care for it. So many better animals with better horns anyways! Markhor, no thank you, get it out of here!

I would pay for a whole pack of animals I am not interested in if it had a sea lion. Please Frontier!!

But I like all of your ideas nutrit, very well mixture of completely new animals with some similar but popular ones. :)
For me there is no difference between fur seal and sea lion only I thought about fur seals being able to live in warmer climates.

I also thought about putting sea lion in second aquatic animal pack along with:

beaver,
alligator,
manatee
small clawed otter
cape penguin
platypus

I would buy that pack instantly.

This could also work because we would always easily find 2 replacements for African pack and could trade our beaver from Eurasian pack for Racoon dog.

This is also a very good option.

Last edited:
Also reading many people opinions about the animal packs it would be very hard for Frontier to go back to standard 4 animals DLC without hearing a lot of criticism.

They’ve shown us that it is possible so why not stick to it for good.

7 animals pack also shown what a huge difference this 3 extra animals make and how extensively they can cover the region or a theme.

I am sure people won’t be happy to see less animals after that.

Now you're speaking my language! In fact, scratch all that other DLC, I'm fine with just this. (y)
VER. 2.0

African animal pack
White rhino
Meerkat
Red River hog
Porcupine
Secretary bird
Serval
Gerenuk

Eurasian animal pack
Moose
Przewalski horse
Iberian lynx
Amur leopard
Ibex
Wolverine
Racoon dog

Aquatic animal pack 2.0
California sea lion
Beaver
Alligator
Small clawed otter
Cape penguin
Platypus
Manatee

SA animal pack 2.0
Capybara
Puma (live throughout NA and SA)
Maned wolf
Sloth
Coati
Howler monkey
Spectacled bear

Desert animal pack
Fennec fox
Addax
Dromedary
Hamadryas baboon
Stripped hyena
Honey badger
Caracal

Endangered species animal pack
Lar Gibbon (endangered)
Tasmanian devil (endangered)
Fossa (considered endangered now)
Scimitar oryx (extinct in the wild)
Père David’s deer (extinct in the wild)
Sumatran rhino (critically endangered)
Somali wild donkey (critically endangered)

Ground birds animal pack
1. Shoebill
2. Gray crowned crane
3. Saddle billed stork
4. Secretary bird
5. Pelican
6. Ground hornbill
7. Greather Argus

Oceania animal pack
1. Wombat
2. Emu
3. Tree kangaroo
4. Rock wallaby
5. Tiger quoll
6. Kiwi
7. Kakapo

Last edited:
Would like to see Avian pack and that one with sea lion. Everything else is fine i guess. Anyway, i will buy everything what comes out.

African, Endangered Species, or "Oceanian".

For the latter,

• Southern hairy-nosed wombat.
  • Yellow-footed rock wallaby.
  • Tasmanian devil.
  • Emu.
  • Eastern quoll.
  • North Island brown kiwi.
  • Takahe.
  • Tuatara (E).
I’ve added Australia animal pack 2.0

Do people not realize that were only gonna get 3 more packs (4 at most) and at least one of them is gonna be a scenery pack (which I'm not complaining there). I hope to be proven wrong, but I think everyone here is setting their expectations a little too high.

Do people not realize that were only gonna get 3 more packs (4 at most) and at least one of them is gonna be a scenery pack (which I'm not complaining there). I hope to be proven wrong, but I think everyone here is setting their expectations a little too high.

We have NO evidence for that. What other means are better to prolong the game life span than to show Frontier that we still want alot of animals? We should not limit our wishes because of a hypotetical end. If we limit our wishes, then it might only show Frontier that we have enough. Which is ultimately the opposite of what we all want, right?

If any leak was correct in anyway I believe it was probably the one stating support would carry out till the end of 2023. There’s just too much money to be left on the table for a game like this. I’m sure frontier is busy with either a sequel to Planco or I really hope not no offense to frontier but jwe2. Now I mean this in as good of a way as I can possibly put it but we don’t need a jwe2 tbh. With prehistoric kingdom on its way I see no point in a jwe2 as I believe PK will be the far superior game. The limitations of cross platforms will not be competitive. Planet zoo has maybe a relatively small fan base but a very loyal and marketable one. If frontier chooses to end support early or same run Planco had I think it could have a negative outlook on a customer prospective on hey planet zoo 2 has come out do I want to spend on this game knowing they left a lot on the table with the original?

Top Bottom