What ship for solo thargoid combat

I agree, the Anaconda just does not have the maneuverability for Thargoid fighting, particularly Scouts, the better choice if you want a tank is the Corvette. I just finished outfitting mine as a Xeno Hunter, getting practiced with the fixed Gauss guns as well as sporting turreted AX MCs, and collecting Scout remains in order to make synthesis easier when I step up to the bigger guys. Too bad TL3s are kinda rare even in infested systems.

I have seen references to AX CZs, where might these be found?

I disagree.
Conda with 4 ax mc turrets is very efficient at scout killing. Also you get to see the large ax mc turrets at work from the bridge - really nice view
For interceptors i used the same Conda with 4 large shard cannons. Even a gimp like me can kill interceptors with this setup. No FA Off involved either.

I disagree.
Conda with 4 ax mc turrets is very efficient at scout killing. Also you get to see the large ax mc turrets at work from the bridge - really nice view
For interceptors i used the same Conda with 4 large shard cannons. Even a gimp like me can kill interceptors with this setup. No FA Off involved either.
Only Cyclops though.

Uh....
  • That's 8 AX fits... max is still 4
  • Engineered AX MCs?
Unless you mean Advanced MCs loaded w/ AX rounds, not AX MCs?
Sorry. Yeah. That's what I meant. Advanced MC's. 2 size one and 2 size 2. Engineer for long range and auto loader. It's a bind to keep synthesising the ammo.

In general, yes. Never got into the topic how much the void opals bring on credits, but even with transportation jobs with 3-5 Million per job it's quite a lot of grind. But you have to remember, that the coriolis doen't count the 10% discounts applied of Shinrarta due to Elte ranks and all the modules which are in your storage, especially if you have had an Anaconda as a waypoint in your career. And if you have earned anough to get a cutter, you'll probably already have the Elite rank in trade or exploration.

For me it's even easier - I've had an all purpose Anaconda, mostly used for cargo/passenger-transportation. The poweplant and the 4C MC I still have in storage, that's already 123 Mio. Than all utilities and HRPs and MRPs and 6A Fuel Scoop are either in storage or on the Python and can be directly swapped. So further 30 Mio.

But yes the 1355 Mio in total, that's the price. I just hope' I'll manage with this huge thing through the mailslot of Jameson Memorial and not get killt by the station defences due to being "parked" in the slot. Such "parking difficulties" were the reason, why I've sold the Corvette very quick :D
advanced docking system

Your post includes a lot of great inputs but I don't agree regarding FGS, Type 10 and SLFs:
  • Based on my solo experience SLFs are great to decimate scouts and as a good distraction for Interceptors. They also help to bring the hull down in AX CZs to save ammo
  • Not sure how you can find such negative words regarding the FGS, one of the best combat ships in this game. FGS fully upgraded doesn't fly like a big ship… it feels very agile. It has brilliant firepower, is very tanky, flies great if you know the flight model. It could use a small speed buff but with around 420 m/s it's still ok against Cyclops. That's actually the only disavantage I see. Else it's brilliant…
  • Also the type10 is not that bad in AX CZs with 7D repair limpeds and 8 Bi-Weave etc... it just depends what you want to achieve (e.g. support role, decimate scouts etc.). The Anaconda also feels like a brick and is not that much faster. Not sure why it always only receives love...
Once you dirty frag a annaconda it almost feels like a Corvette in handling

Shard cannons with regards to interceptors are pretty much exclusively for gibbers, i have done it myself once or twice, but you will gain 0% skill using this method.

Better to learn how to properly solo them, or you will be stuck at cyclops level forever.
Once you learn the mechanics of Thargoids Cyclops are easy.

Two of our PS AXI squad have got Vanguard this week taking out a Cyclops in a Hauler (Haulerclops), Hauler has one small hardpoint...
o7

Top Bottom