What things do you think Frontier have done really well?

WingardiumLevicoaster

Volunteer Moderator
I thought it would be nice to discuss the things that Frontier have done well in the game or with the community. Bring a bit of positivity to the forums. I really like the detail with the mascots and their personalities. The pxp building is wonderful too. Also the community interaction is great.

Last edited:
The graphics and scenery are pretty darn good, it runs decent on my low end laptop

The terrain editor is amazing, it could be improved though

If it wernt for the community creations I dont think I would be interested in the game much. I hope they add a lot to it [up]

Hats off for the CC, Im sure frontier has a lot more in store for us!

Last edited:
IMHO:

- More or less accurate rides
- Good Graphics
- Attractive overall design
- Some good music tracks (and an amazing main track)
- Good overall sound (still needs some love tho, chain-lifts f.i.)
- UI look (although not it's actual functions)
- Good guest group preferences
- Frequent bug-fixing updates
- Good management basics
- Good variety of thrill rides and coasters (but limited gentle and dark / transport rides)
- Challenge mode is well balanced (though loans are a bit limited)
- Versatile themes (you can find all the basics of each theme and even make crossovers)

PC looks absolutely stunning and has great potential. Right now it doesn't feel like a finished game yet, but for a demo it's quite impressive.

I love the all the small details that make your park come alive, and the sound is very impressive too, from deep bass sounds to a kids laugh in the distance. I like the branding a lot - it gives the shops etc a sense of real ness and purpose.

PC amazes me each time I load it up with some new feature that I have simply overlooked before because there is just so much going on.

Edit: nothing pleases me more than creating a park from scratch (challenge mode) and caring about each and every individual piece I place down, and knowing every nook of the park I have built up from an open field.

[happy]

Last edited:
The overall look is great. The graphics style, the colouring etc.
The amount of options using the scenery allows for some crazy designs.
Terrain editing (although hard to control) allows for the most fantastic creations.
Workshop inplementation works flawlessly (tens of thousands of designs are already availlable)
It actually continues where RCT3 left off (bar the missing items/rides/UI).

- Detailed ride with sequencer for rides
- Excellent Graphics and detailing
- Attractive overall design
- lovely good music tracks with awesome main track
- Good overall sound
- Good guest group preferences
- Frequent bug-fixing updates
- Versatile themes

Those are ones from SA I have agreed with and tweaked. I feel things can always be improved, however that is for all the other threads ;)

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

Giving the chance for CHC members to visit Frontier HQ
Regular community live streams
PC launch party
Community contests

[up][up][up][up]

What you are suggesting is that things in the game are not there but Frontier as a company is all good. I mean fair play for saying those are all awesome things (they are) but what the game itself?

What you are suggesting is that things in the game are not there but Frontier as a company is all good. I mean fair play for saying those are all awesome things (they are) but what the game itself?

The OP did not ask us to list EVERYTHING we think they've done well, just throwing in some things that others haven't commented on. I chose not to list game features in this particular thread.

Terrain editor, audio, ground texture quality (not to be confused with disgusting biome), the blending of all 4 theme (notice how despite having a 1/3 of rct's themes, nobody complains? That becuase they are very well design and work really well with each others) and visual.

Last edited:
The coasters are fantastic, and extremely flexible.

While the way they work in gameplay isn't... great honestly, they are still incredible for scenic builds and are very cool to ride in first person.

WingardiumLevicoaster

Volunteer Moderator
I love the all the small details that make your park come alive, and the sound is very impressive too, from deep bass sounds to a kids laugh in the distance. I like the branding a lot - it gives the shops etc a sense of real ness and purpose.

PC amazes me each time I load it up with some new feature that I have simply overlooked before because there is just so much going on.

Edit: nothing pleases me more than creating a park from scratch (challenge mode) and caring about each and every individual piece I place down, and knowing every nook of the park I have built up from an open field.

[happy]

Totally agree. I keep forgetting to play and just keep getting drawn into enjoying my park as a guest.

I really like the guests myself and genuinely spend time people watching. Have spotted several celebrities (and, weirdly almost every band member of The Who, I don't know why). Seeing the individuals is when PC comes alive for me best, staff too, and first person cam with a cup of tea and the guest taking me wherever they will ..

Last edited:
I really like the guests myself and genuinely spend time people watching. Have spotted several celebrities (and, weirdly almost every band member of The Who, I don't know why). Seeing the individuals is when PC comes alive for me best, staff too, and first person cam with a cup of tea and the guest taking me wherever they will ..

Agree with above. Animations, facial expressions etc are fantastic. I often take a coffee-break and let the camera follow a guest just to see how my park look from their perspective, sometimes things look good from above but not from a first-person view.
But it breaks my heart every time a kid get disappointed over something.

And even though the building part can be frustrating when objects don't behave like you want them, the options available and the way you can shape the park make it worth the effort.

Animations in general are great.
Terrain editor is great (could use a couple more tools)
The peeps are great (their brains.... ehhhh, not so much)
The PxP building is nice (could utilize more options with the pieces themselves).

It's a great shell of a game tbh.

If I was to pick one thing, id go with them making the sense of having built a theme park. When you get it right and the lighting is low, music and sounds come together to create a great atmosphere.

For me is the attention to details. The scuffs and scrapes. The overall art style and sense of fun and ease of using the tools to create whatever i want relatively easily or download it from the workshop.

WingardiumLevicoaster

Volunteer Moderator
For me is the attention to details. The scuffs and scrapes. The overall art style and sense of fun and ease of using the tools to create whatever i want relatively easily or download it from the workshop.

I remember when I first opened alpha 1, I got really excited by scuffs and scrapes!

Top Bottom