Horizons What would you do if...

Hi,

What would you do in the game, if you have:

• combat, trading, exploration (and CQC) rank at elite level
  • top level federation and empire rank
  • top level relationships with federation, empire and alliance
  • all ships you want equipped as you want (including engineer's mods)
  • one billion of credits
What would you do in the game then?
What would be fun for you in the game should you be free from having to achieve all the items listed above?
What would be your motivation to play the game?
It's a frank question.

Thanks.

What would you do in the game then?
What would be fun for you in the game should you be free from having to achieve all the items listed above?
What would be your motivation to play the game?
It's a frank question.

Thanks.
I'll offer my answers even though that is my goal still...

• Explore. 'Why?' I like pretty, deal with it.
  • Powerplay. 'Why?!' A goal that is always there.
  • Light BGS. '..Why?' See Powerplay.
  • Wings. 'Huh?' Play with others and help them out. -Help-, not play for them.
    • Are they fresh? I'll fly my modded Cobra with them. Or something a bit better than them and keep between them and being stomped.
  • Story focused CGs. 'Let me guess..' Nope, don't care about money, but I do care about being a piece of the story! :D

I hope you don't mind my hopeful outlook. I am just a casual. I don't play to 'win' but I play for the 'interesting' more often than not. I'll get to the 'End' in time, just no rush, as in the end.. it won't change anything beyond the 'how' I do everything that I currently do.

Last edited:
I enjoy following the alien stuff.

Also Engineers has been good in that it's given me some slow burning stuff to do in my own time, oddly more about unlocking them rather than upgrading.

Those really have been my longer term goals that have replaced ranks, creds etc...

Also shorter term I pop on to do more instant stuff when I feel like it, so pop on VR headset and go to a combat zone for a bit, or go mucking around in canyons, or just enjoying some of the amazing procgen stuff, ice worlds can be a total wonder in VR.

Maybe I'll build a crew member to Elite next, or focus on passenger missions to see the sights/sites.

Once all that's done I dunno, I suppose the story elements will always be around. Hopefully Frontier adds more "background" goals such as blueprints, new engineers etc..

I like having stuff to do, I have no issue with stuff taking a long time as long as it's not too repetitive.

Last edited:
Check out the Cannon mysteries thread and visit all the weird stuff listed on the front page.
Propose your own theory on any of the above and try to prove it.
Adopt one or more Minor Factions and lead them to success (however you choose to define that for yourself).
Adopt one or more Minor Factions as your Mortal Enemy and ruthlessly oppose them.
Support a CG (or many) and aim for the top ranks.
Support a CG (or many) and aim to support other pilots in making it succeed, by whatever means necessary regardless of personal (in-game) cost. For the cause!
Fly non-optimal ships with unusual module options, just to see what you can do with them.
Search out Geysers, lava, fumaroles and other unusual geologic features on planets.
Search out new lifeforms on planets. We know they're out there, we just don't know where.
Offer to help out passing pilots with whatever they're doing. Hey, who doesn't enjoy being the mysterious stranger who steps in to do the good deed?

Last edited:
I am actually a few months away from achieving what the op poster said once done, i will definitely focus much more on the story and helping others. I am actually quite excited about the future prospects.

I am actually a few months away from achieving what the op poster said once done, i will definitely focus much more on the story and helping others. I am actually quite excited about the future prospects.
In another thread, the OP states that they have only been playing for three months. Which to me, is the issue. They have not been 'playing', just 'grinding'.

Just enjoy the game, meet some other players, have some fun, in whatever form you like. Kill players or help them; just stop grinding.

Whatever takes my fancy day by day. Pretty much as now. Still so in the game that i havent tried yet, or could improve on

Could get a second account and see how i get on from the start with the skills i now have...

- i would finally search for the voyager probes

- i would run more backgroundsimulation tests

- i would flip back the first system i called home to the independants

- i would still help other player groups

- i would play the game 1 month in the bubble without docking

- i would build a ship running below 20% heat while boosting

- i would fly shieldless all the time

- i would try to fly FAOFF only --- in combat with fixed weapons --- over a surface

- i would check all local nebulas for geysers and fumaroles

ps: i'm doing similar things right now, and i'm not far from your scenario in most ranks/CR/ships/engineering (only cqc ...)

Top Bottom