What's Next for Planet Zoo?

The already have pigeons flying around the game and they seem to interact with the environment quite well already.
Pigeons?

Are there pigeons in Planet Zoo?

Where?

Can you only see them with good graphics settings?
I've never seen Pigeons in Planet Zoo. But I've seen them once in a Planet Coaster Video.
But if there should really be Pigeons in Planet Zoo I would absolutely love to see a Screenshot

Birds could be handled pretty easily if managed like what is already in the game.
1. perching birds - can be set up like the current exhibit animals. In a box on a branch, and every time you view it, they are in a different position in the exhibit. I would think simple animation can happen as well, like wing flaps and head moves. This would cover most birds you would see in a zoo.
2. larger birds of prey. Almost can be handled the same way but with larger exhibits. Most of these types of birds...in a zoo...do not fly around that much. they would only have to move within the (controlled) constraints of the exhibit. Again I would think they could add animation and be more flexible within the exhibit as well...like flying from one brach to another or up and down to the ground, or to a feed.
3. ground birds should act like any other ground animals already in the game.
4. aviaries become more difficult, but again, if you control it like a large exhibit, hit boxes can become less if a problem.

The already have pigeons flying around the game and they seem to interact with the environment quite well already.

The fact that they already have the existing exhibits labeled as "Small Exhibits" seems to support your theory. I think they'll add larger ones for larger animals, ie, birds. They could potentially even do this with larger birds of prey such as owls as hawks/eagles if the exhibits were large enough.

I've never seen Pigeons in Planet Zoo. But I've seen them once in a Planet Coaster Video.
But if there should really be Pigeons in Planet Zoo I would absolutely love to see a Screenshot
this may be my bad. They are all over in PlanCo, and maybe I just believe I'm seeing them in PlaZoo as well...either way they are most definitely in PlanCo. Seeing as we are being told that PlaZoo is better engine and capabilities...it seems it should be doable to some extent.

this may be my bad. They are all over in PlanCo, and maybe I just believe I'm seeing them in PlaZoo as well...either way they are most definitely in PlanCo. Seeing as we are being told that PlaZoo is better engine and capabilities...it seems it should be doable to some extent.

I can't remember where exactly, but I'm sure I saw in a Q&A that they talked about how they cut the ambient pigeons from PZ to free up the engine for better performance with the animals actually in the game. I might be wrong though.

I know there’s no argument we really need some South American and Australian animals along with Europe. But so many more great possible additions from Africa as well. One mention tho that was forgotten was the African Forest Buffalo
56185F80-9625-4F3A-9E58-981F3D58194A.jpeg

Well, we got South America as predicted, so what do people think will come next? Australia seems like the obvious choice here. Now we also know they aren't restricted to clone animals like with the Arctic Pack, so new possibilities have opened up. Of course we still don't know everything - one thing about Australia is that a huge amount of its iconic wildlife would be classed as exhibit animals in-game, so I wonder if they'll do less in terms of building pieces in exchange for including two or three exhibit animals as well. The Aboriginal people have some amazing art styles that would make great set pieces, though I'm not sure there's enough that is quintessentially Australian to warrant a whole set, so losing a bit of it exchange for more animals might be plausible.

North American is also an option, with a Native American or Wild West theme.

But I'm leaning towards Australian as well... Not sure if the building pieces will be interesting enough. but maybe they could focus more on a few exhibit animals to fill that gap.

North American is also an option, with a Native American or Wild West theme.

But I'm leaning towards Australian as well... Not sure if the building pieces will be interesting enough. but maybe they could focus more on a few exhibit animals to fill that gap.
I agree.

Top Bottom