What’s Next For Planet Zoo

As for the rest, "Frontier doesn't do roadmaps" is absolutely an argument. It's a characteristic of their operation. As I've said before, expecting them to do so now is assuming that PZ players are somehow more special or in higher regard than players of PC, JWE, or Elite. We aren't, in the slightest. Why would they suddenly make an exception now? Because we want them to? That's just kind of silly.
That's funny. Based on Chante's post about an anniversary update, they are most likely making an exception for PZ but on the completely opposite direction (arguably PZ getting less attention). It's getting a bit ridiculous how some people try and twist things in favour of FD even with some of their poorest decisions/actions.
I understand each company has their own rules/policies. And I genuinely respect Frontier for not giving any roadmaps, if that's what they think it's best. But that doesn't mean everyone should just accept it and agree with it. Everything is subject to be criticised. And it's getting really tiring how the same users (not particularly talking about you here) undervalue even the slightest, most constructive and respectful criticism just for whatever reason and getting personal about it.

Off-topic ish reflection:
This game is absolutely stunning, and surely so are the people who work at Frontier. Hell, for some people it could even be the game of a lifetime. There's no denial on that. But I believe some other people need to come down to earth, read the enormous amount of feedback, suggestions, or even complaint topics. Sure, some are not respectful nor meaningful, but a majority are, and come from people who love the game. Same with people who have raised their concerns in this particular topic. Same with many content creators (more and more, even the most loyal) who can only critisise the game indirectly. It is clear to me and most of these people that, even if it's a wonderful game, it still has flaws and things need improvement, including communication. I could go through a quite long list of things that aren't inexplicably in the game yet, like some features PC had and PZ doesn't after almost 1 year, and some things they just decided not to include. But I'll leave it there.

Last edited:
Was she not referring to 1.3.4? That's what I assumed.

As for the rest, "Frontier doesn't do roadmaps" is absolutely an argument. It's a characteristic of their operation. As I've said before, expecting them to do so now is assuming that PZ players are somehow more special or in higher regard than players of PC, JWE, or Elite. We aren't, in the slightest. Why would they suddenly make an exception now? Because we want them to? That's just kind of silly.

Nope, 1.3.4. was out then and it was mention together with the non-update.
I don't see changing in marketing plans as treating one group better than the other, but as a learning curve. If they'd operate by the faxct that "if group A got this / didn't got that, so group B can't/ shall also have it" we would actually have a major anniversary update. ;)
Marketing communication isn't set in stone and usually changes with the situation and the mood of the customer base, because the customers is what marketing is made for, not for Frontier. And well, yes, the mood is different with PZ, so roadnmap or not, the job of marketing is, to shift the mood again to excitement and away from "Planet Zoo is dead". (Not my quote)

I think NZFanatics comment about not understating the impacts of the pandemic is extremely important. We cannot possibly understand as individuals outside the company how much covid has not only affected the company, but more importantly how it has affected the people working for the company. It goes beyond simple production delays due to logistical challenges; these devs (aka, human beings) are facing emotional and mental obstacles they may not have encountered before. We do not know if any of them have contracted the virus or had loved ones get sick, we don't know who lost friends or family members, we don't know the mental state of these individuals. This, more than anything, will cause delays and setbacks. It could have resulted in people taking leaves of absence, others may have quit, and those who stayed may not have the emotional stability to put in the same effort and dedication they normally would.

To make comparisons to past games would be fair in a normal year, but this year is anything but normal. You could say "well other companies seem fine", but maybe those companies are less understanding of the mental health of their employees. From what I have gleaned from the outside, Frontier seem to be a close knit group, and maybe these delays we have seen are because Frontier decided to emphasize employee health over production. And if this is the case, it quite frankly is none of our business, they do not need to relay information regarding their personal lives.

I think some members of this forum should more deeply consider the human beings behind the game, they aren't just "devs", they are regular people just trying to do their best through an incredibly difficult time.

It's getting a bit ridiculous how some people try and twist things in favour of FD even with some of their poorest decisions/actions.
Atm, I think the most ridiculous thing is people getting upset about something that was never promised to happen. First complaining about missing promised features/content (which is a fair point!) and now again for not promised content, I think some people just like to hate PZ or complain about the game. Just uninstall the game or revisit the game after a while, i think most people ignore a game when it doesn't live up to their expectations or when new interesting content is available.

I don't see it as defending stuff (always a weird statement), I think most people, including me, are disappointed but dealt with this many times before. Maybe you can call it accepting this but in the end it's just another videogame.
I don't like it either but this much drama (they don't care about us etc.) just about a videogame is a bit crazy.

I understand each company has their own rules/policies. And I genuinely respect Frontier for not giving any roadmaps, if that's what they think it's best. But that doesn't mean everyone should just accept it and agree with it. Everything is subject to be criticised. And it's getting really tiring how the same users (not particularly talking about you here) undervalue even the slightest, most constructive and respectful criticism just for whatever reason and getting personal about it.
I'm always against comments like these. Both sides are always guilty of this (happens on every forum) and there's always a few people complaining: "I don't like that people criticise criticism". Pretty lame to point fingers when the both sides of an argument are doing the same. And for many years the same argument is used: Just don't use a forum if you can't handle this.

I think she posted that after the 1.3.4 update. But I wouldn't put too much emphasis on "soon" cause what do we know, maybe she meant soon as in 1 week or 1 month.
Same here, soon means nothing.

And well, yes, the mood is different with PZ, so roadnmap or not, the job of marketing is, to shift the mood again to excitement and away from "Planet Zoo is dead". (Not my quote)
PZ is dead would be a bit too much but from a certain POV not entirely wrong. A lot of people on Discord just call the game boring atm.
This happens with every game but I agree.
I barely play PZ and maybe uninstall it for a while when I need more space. The last big update and DLC didn't do anything for me, I appreciate the hard work PZ put in this and happy that this update/DLC worked for a lot of people. The SA DLC worked for me, but that was 6 months ago.
Already started putting some hours in other games, so while it's not dead for me - atm it's not that interesting anymore.

I think NZFanatics comment about not understating the impacts of the pandemic is extremely important. We cannot possibly understand as individuals outside the company how much covid has not only affected the company, but more importantly how it has affected the people working for the company. It goes beyond simple production delays due to logistical challenges; these devs (aka, human beings) are facing emotional and mental obstacles they may not have encountered before. We do not know if any of them have contracted the virus or had loved ones get sick, we don't know who lost friends or family members, we don't know the mental state of these individuals. This, more than anything, will cause delays and setbacks. It could have resulted in people taking leaves of absence, others may have quit, and those who stayed may not have the emotional stability to put in the same effort and dedication they normally would.

To make comparisons to past games would be fair in a normal year, but this year is anything but normal. You could say "well other companies seem fine", but maybe those companies are less understanding of the mental health of their employees. From what I have gleaned from the outside, Frontier seem to be a close knit group, and maybe these delays we have seen are because Frontier decided to emphasize employee health over production. And if this is the case, it quite frankly is none of our business, they do not need to relay information regarding their personal lives.

I think some members of this forum should more deeply consider the human beings behind the game, they aren't just "devs", they are regular people just trying to do their best through an incredibly difficult time.
Good post and I agree that the health of employees are well more important. However, there would be the option to actually communicate that there are delays and theirfor an anniversary update can't be made in time but will come as soon as its ready. Problem solved and a totally different approach on the situation. A delayed update would be totally understandable, not treating customer bases equal is not so much.

Atm, I think the most ridiculous thing is people getting upset about something that was never promised to happen. First complaining about missing promised features/content (which is a fair point!) and now again for not promised content, I think some people just like to hate PZ or complain about the game. Just uninstall the game or revisit the game after a while, i think most people ignore a game when it doesn't live up to their expectations or when new interesting content is available.
Thanks for your (what I consider) rational post. Personally I'm not upset, I'm actually relatively hopeful and optimistic about the game's future, and I even think we might eventually have an anniversary update but maybe a few days/weeks later. I really don't mind too much what Frontier delivers as long as it delivers and it's not overpriced (which is not the case). Indeed, we can only hope and not expect too much, but well, there's always room for critique, particularly regarding those promised features or features that are in their themepark counterpart and PZ screams for some of them to be added.
You'll never see me demand more animals or features that weren't mentioned anywhere like diving, for instance. What I struggle to understand is why you only find it fair when people ask for promised features. It's equally fair if people ask for whatever content/features even if not promised, especially if there's a reasoning behind their request/complaint and is done respectfuly and constructively. Luckily for us Frontier does pretty well when it comes to listening to feedback and critique ad interiorizing it. They don't need external paladins who (sometimes) outright despise many requests/suggestions/complaints with whatever argument they see suit each time. There's been plenty of that in numerous threads in this forum. Frontier could have thousands of reasons not to include X feature or to postpone X update or to follow their DLC model. The covid argument (while perfectly understandable) is not even needed to justify their actions, decisions or delays (if there have been). At the end of the day, there could be countless reasonable arguments why they do one thing or the other, but let them communicate so. I don't see the need of outright shattering some people's concerns with the most stilted and spurious arguments, which are ultimatley also based on assumptions.

Don't get me wrong, I find it okay to ask people to manage their expectations, but: 1) there are many ways to do so (some more rude, some more pleasant), and 2) you have to bear in mind people don't ask/complain for the sake of complaining. Which leads me to the sentence I underlined:
I could well be wrong, but I don't see how people complaining about the game or asking for it to be better are people who possibly hate the game. Quite the opposite. I'm pretty sure the vast majority actually love the game and only want to see it grow through updates and DLCs that they'll most likely pay.

I'm always against comments like these. Both sides are always guilty of this (happens on every forum) and there's always a few people complaining: "I don't like that people criticise criticism". Pretty lame to point fingers when the both sides of an argument are doing the same. And for many years the same argument is used: Just don't use a forum if you can't handle this.
With this I agree to be honest. I can perfectly handle it though and I like discussing about such things.

Btw this is nothing personal but just me wondering why that need of being condescending with people who most likely only want the best for PZ.

Good post and I agree that the health of employees are well more important. However, there would be the option to actually communicate that there are delays and theirfor an anniversary update can't be made in time but will come as soon as its ready. Problem solved and a totally different approach on the situation. A delayed update would be totally understandable, not treating customer bases equal is not so much.

That's the part I don't get.

For our anniversary, while we are not releasing an update, we are planning a fun day on our socials for you
Could easily be - we never had the intention of releasing an anniversary update. It's basically an expectation/assumption that the community made.
A delay is also an option, not disregarding that but is just an assumption based on 2 earlier titles of Frontier. (again: slightly disappointed about it as well)
The last DLC was only 2 months ago, last time we waited 4,5 months - so December/January? And something will come as soon as it's ready? Isn't that pretty obvious ? :D

Maybe some personal insight on this one, because typing doesn't always translate well on a forum (compared to in-person):
Also maybe my personal annoyance because I have the same with social media. People have to make a statement or confirm something, because somebody else spread rumours/assumptions about that person.
Chris Pratt is a good recent example for this one. Doesn't attend a political fundraiser and that caused accusations of some bad stuff, and now he has to defend himself for something he didn't say or do. I think that's really unfair - I'm really against the mob-mentality. Not starting a discussion about this but I hope that gives some insight on how I look at some things.

For a gam dev (Frontier) some people assumed we were getting an anniversary update, Frontier actually debunked that assumption -which I wouldn't do in the first place because that would easily be a 24/7 job. From that POV: We could all create threads "Europe DLC will be the next DLC" and when they debunk that - we could all be upset about Frontier hating Europe/European animals. :p
Just fooling around with that last one ofc.

With this I agree to be honest. I can perfectly handle it though and I like discussing about such things.

Btw this is nothing personal but just me wondering why that need of being condescending with people who most likely only want the best for PZ.

Ok cool :D. I don't think it's condescending - I really don't understand why people could think that. Maybe some people experience it like that but I don't think people mean it like that. I think the biggest issue is when you read something when you are in a certain mood - people aren't being objective enough. Pretty sure I'm guilty of that behavior as well at times, reading something that isn't even meant that way - just because I had a bad day. For examples just post a very clear opinion on Twitter, you'll see what I mean :D

Why do you think that those people don't want the best for PZ? There's noone claiming they want PZ to fail or be less successful.
Maybe consider that some suggestions would ruin a game for some people? For example: Seen some suggestions for only animal DLC, that might not sit well with the builder-community (which is pretty big). Waiting 3-4 months for no building pieces?

It's equally fair if they ask if people ask for whatever content/features even if not promised, especially if there's a reasoning behind their request/complaint and is done respectfuly and constructively
I mentioned complaining - I don't think dishing out on anyone (company or person) and accusing them of not loving the PZ community, accuse them of EA marketing tactics isn't respectfully and constructively.
For example: with Coat variations they added a lot of variations and still not good enough for some, I think that borders on being unreasonable, there's a "greater good" sense to content. Most times those same people accuse other of being selfish (when people have a different opinion), which is kinda ironic - when you think about it.
If the next updates would only be about variations/uniqueness for animals, just because some people don't want critism on their requested features - that would ruin the game for others.
If the next DLC would be extinct or big marine mammals - seen a lot of requests for those - I think the case would be clear for a lot of people :D
The breeding change during BETA was one the first good examples on this. Or the notifications change later on. If you don't like it - also comment.

They don't need external paladins who (sometimes) outright despise many requests/suggestions/complaints with whatever argument they see suit each time
Agree, btw this also applies to "external paladins" who are on the other side of the argument. If people only want "I agree" comments - don't bother with a forum.

and 2) you have to bear in mind people don't ask/complain for the sake of complaining
I think you are wrong on that one. For the sake of argueing, let's agree to disagree on that one.

But I struggle to understand is why you only find it fair when people ask for promised features
No, haha - that's not what I said and a perfect example how people can twist words. I think it's unfair to complain about not promised content (anniversary update = a self-created assumption or expectation), like this.

• Like (+1)
Reactions: LN
For example: with Coat variations they added a lot of variations and still not good enough for some, I think that borders on being unreasonable,
Maybe if you had played the game recently you should have gained pretty good arguments why the update is a good example how Frontier has treated the game. They promised a coat feauture for release and introduced a 'color variation", not a coat variation, nearly one year after. The only new coat variations introduced were for wolves and llamas, the rest is just a hue filter, which leads to slight, barely noticeable color shades. Coat or color variation isn't even genetic in the game. I have never been hyped by the whole variation thing.
However, it's still a huge missed opportunity. If they were a lot more noticeable variations and genetics for color/ coat variations, imo there would have been a great chance to revice the game on a long-term basis. Community challenges consisting of breeding specific styles, players trading rare variations on the market - could have been a huge thing.

Maybe if you had played the game recently you should have gained pretty good arguments why the update is a good example how Frontier has treated the game
I played a couple of hours after the last update but they could've added 200 colour variations per animal and still wouldn't made a difference.
Playing 400 hours or 40 doesn't change your mind if it's a feature that you really don't care about. This didn't change my game experience.
And the Australian building pieces did nothing for me as well, I just don't like these building pieces. So the August update was severely lacking for me. :D
I just accepted that this update wasn't meant for me and hope that the next update will bring something new to me.
So from a certain POV: Still waiting for something new since April. The Australian animals were a good addition for the game but personally only the kangaroo and koala brought something new.
That's a personal view on AUS animals - like some weren't that excited about the SA animals or Arctic ones. And it will happen to some people with every upcoming DLC.

Should've been more specific: mostly with the variations wolves were still not good enough - saw a lot of comments about that one. You got the detailed version of variation and still not good enough.

I mentioned before the update, this update is not something that works for me (happy for those who thought this was a literal game-changer).

Maybe more changes like this, might work for you. But not for me.
If the (assumed) december update is similar with a focus on variations, that's is basically the end of PZ for me. I will just fully move on to other games. And revisit the game after another 6-12 months

As you can see, it's personal. For some - this made a complete difference. And for some - nothing.

Last edited:
I’ll admit I loved the color variations in game as they add a little realism for me since animals vary in color shades. I do like how prehistoric kingdom did their color variations as they offer three unique variants. I know this is a little easier in a way because you can let your imagination run wild a little more with animals you can only speculate what colors they could have been especially true about dinosaurs. I can see this wasn’t for everybody as well tho. True there still are a lot of needs in pz and to me yes sometimes I feel this game is a little to theme parkish and focuses on elaborate building more than features, buildings, and what not from most zoos. As most zoos do have a budget friendly approach to buildings but at the same time I do like being able to let loose on building in ways that aren’t so realistic. I’ve seen some amazing things built for this game but for me personally I love a well done amazing habitat even more. I still do believe a aviary update could come and feature the ability to build mesh building pieces for habitats which would open another level of realism to me. Plus fingers crossed on underwater swimming animations also.

Last edited:
Wait, I thought the color variations ARE genetic? Are they not? They advertised it.... If they are not, the update indeed falls flat once again.
However, the other traits are clearly genetic and I'm thankfull for that. Nothing worse for me than games where you breed and they do not care about genetics (Sims 3 and Sims 4 got downgraded from Sims 2. It had realistic genetic and it was so much more fun for people like me!)
That said, in the colorvariations update they said they are still figuring out away they will link the colors of the Flamingos to their food. So this might come in an update (when we think of smaller titbits for the future).

I think they are mostly referring to bugs from the start or new bugs starting after a previous update. I think some improvement on that communication could do wonders.
Like with most games, people tend to react badly when they add new content - while some pressing bugs aren't adressed yet.
While I'm lucky with almost no bugs and I'm assuming you are lucky as well, some are really struggling to play the game in a relaxed manner.
So I somewhat understand that they would react that way.

Haha, heard that comment multiple times from several people. I agree with this one, sometimes just weird when people/companies are clearly influenced by a random person on the internet. And just for playing their game.

I think that is bit obvious, pretty hard to miss

PZ is dead would be a bit too much but from a certain POV not entirely wrong. A lot of people on Discord just call the game boring atm.
This happens with every game but I agree.
I barely play PZ and maybe uninstall it for a while when I need more space. The last big update and DLC didn't do anything for me, I appreciate the hard work PZ put in this and happy that this update/DLC worked for a lot of people. The SA DLC worked for me, but that was 6 months ago.
Already started putting some hours in other games, so while it's not dead for me - atm it's not that interesting anymore.

I been going on that this game needs more care on the animals so they become like a pet so we care for them more. People getting bored cause they do all the same thing again and again. why dont they put in more TLC into the animals? Give them more behaviour bring them closer to the real thing?

More TLC with what is going on in the environment in the zoo? So players will stop and take a look at those things? Have a system where there is wildlife flocking to areas of the zoo making it their home.

Why can't they do this? Look at Sims 4 Dogs dlc? So simple and player spent hundred of hours caring and doing things for their pet so why can't this also happen for the animals. Bring the player close to the animal create a bond? Cause right now after they seen everything it just gets boring.

There is alot more that can be done in this area to make the zoo fun and alive again!

More things for the guest to do in the park! More things that players can manage for them! Why can't they do this??? Then just release 1-2 animals???

They can bring up updates like bringing life to the ponds in the park have you notice its lifeless???

Like this if each enclousure was brought to life like this players will go crazy! More things to do in the pond then just water.....more things to see and do for guess and animal! Just more things!

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsOsfU4G5ok

RIDING ANIMALS PLAYERS CAN MAKE A ZOO WHERE GUESS CAN DO THIS!!! More adventure for players to build that special trip!

image-asset.jpeg

THESE ARE ANIMAL ENCOUNTERS THAT CAN USED AS DLC SO PLAYER WHO HAVE SPECIFIC ANIMAL ENCOUNTER CAN BUY THOSE DLC.
Quality content is what we are looking for not just basic content or content like with EA where its $40 for some small little pack players get MAD at this

Management Game
Have a look at Project Hospital and the management they have there. Each DLC is a new type of management area for the hospital. Why can't PZ be like that too with some of its dlc? Expand on the management and people will go crazy for it! Expand on more complicated things and people will go crazy on it.

It will take time but these are good quality DLC that players will love as shown with other indie developer. So they got the right perspective of what makes a good management game. And if PZ do not do this then some developer will bring it out as i seen it happen! Look at sim city and how they never really listen to players feedback. And then Cities skyline came along and blow the expectation of players. So much more depth and things to do.

I hope frontier will not just let this slip by.

Prehistoric kingdom is one such indie developer with a deeper management system.

Last edited:
I been going on that this game needs more care on the animals so they become like a pet so we care for them more. People getting bored cause they do all the same thing again and again. why dont they put in more TLC into the animals? Give them more behaviour bring them closer to the real thing?

More TLC with what is going on in the environment in the zoo? So players will stop and take a look at those things? Have a system where there is wildlife flocking to areas of the zoo making it their home.

Why can't they do this? Look at Sims 4 Dogs dlc? So simple and player spent hundred of hours caring and doing things for their pet so why can't this also happen for the animals. Bring the player close to the animal create a bond? Cause right now after they seen everything it just gets boring.

There is alot more that can be done in this area to make the zoo fun and alive again!

More things for the guest to do in the park! More things that players can manage for them! Why can't they do this??? Then just release 1-2 animals???

They can bring up updates like bringing life to the ponds in the park have you notice its lifeless???

Like this if each enclousure was brought to life like this players will go crazy! More things to do in the pond then just water.....more things to see and do for guess and animal! Just more things!

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsOsfU4G5ok

RIDING ANIMALS PLAYERS CAN MAKE A ZOO WHERE GUESS CAN DO THIS!!! More adventure for players to build that special trip!

image-asset.jpeg

THESE ARE ANIMAL ENCOUNTERS THAT CAN USED AS DLC SO PLAYER WHO HAVE SPECIFIC ANIMAL ENCOUNTER CAN BUY THOSE DLC.
Quality content is what we are looking for not just basic content or content like with EA where its $40 for some small little pack players get MAD at this

Management Game
Have a look at Project Hospital and the management they have there. Each DLC is a new type of management area for the hospital. Why can't PZ be like that too with some of its dlc? Expand on the management and people will go crazy for it! Expand on more complicated things and people will go crazy on it.

It will take time but these are good quality DLC that players will love as shown with other indie developer. So they got the right perspective of what makes a good management game. And if PZ do not do this then some developer will bring it out as i seen it happen! Look at sim city and how they never really listen to players feedback. And then Cities skyline came along and blow the expectation of players. So much more depth and things to do.

I hope frontier will not just let this slip by.

Prehistoric kingdom is one such indie developer with a deeper management system.
Just cutting in here to say that riding elephants is an evil and abusive practice. I highly recommend you do some serious research into the industry, I think you will be disgusted with how the elephants are treated. They are taken from their mothers as infants and beaten within an inch of their lives to “break their spirit” so they will allow humans to ride on them. If you ever go to Asia you should not ever go on an elephant ride. No western zoo would ever allow something like this to happen in their facility

Just cutting in here to say that riding elephants is an evil and abusive practice. I highly recommend you do some serious research into the industry, I think you will be disgusted with how the elephants are treated. They are taken from their mothers as infants and beaten within an inch of their lives to “break their spirit” so they will allow humans to ride on them. If you ever go to Asia you should not ever go on an elephant ride. No western zoo would ever allow something like this to happen in their facility
Yah there’s 2 videos you can look up on how the circus used to rip baby elephants from their mothers and break them in (warning disturbing images). In Thailand the process known as the Crush is horrendous and painful to watch. It’s not like getting a horse or a camel to allow you to ride them.
never ever go near elephants in Asia that are not in a sanctuary (make sure it’s a legit sanctuary)

I understand that interest to have more interaction with the animals on your side but I think it is not bad if a zoo game have some limitations on it because of two reason:
  • most animals in Zoos are not pets, they are not domestic
  • I would think (but this is just my opinion) that the goal for a Zoo would be to teach us something about an animal and to take their part of conservation of the species, but would keep the animals as wild as possible

I understand that interest to have more interaction with the animals on your side but I think it is not bad if a zoo game have some limitations on it because of two reason:
  • most animals in Zoos are not pets, they are not domestic
  • I would think (but this is just my opinion) that the goal for a Zoo would be to teach us something about an animal and to take their part of conservation of the species, but would keep the animals as wild as possible

Indeed. When I was in the zoo industry a common complaint from recruiters was that a lot of people applying to be zookeepers or the like honestly believed they'd be playing tug-of-war with lions and brushing zebras like horses. People think "captive = tame". In reality the job is incredibly hands-off where possible, with training done only to allow for less intrusive health checks (such as conditioning a tiger to rear up against a mesh barrier so you can see its underbelly and claws). I remember the first time I spoke to someone about joining the industry and the first thing they said to me was, "most of the job involves poop. You shovel poop, sweep poop, and hose out poop." It's dirty, arduous work ninety percent of the time, not cutesy fun-times with the animals.

Its a game guys remember that!

And it is also cruel to keep animals in the zoo with their cramp space if you want to talk about being cruel. So please drop the nonsense as i am trying to find ways to improve the game so please be constructive then just adding a negative comment. How about the clothes you wear? These are not ethical so please drop the nonsense and be helpful.
It could be very ethical in the game if you treat the animals properly where you don't beat them or kill them. And beside there is no mechanic for cruelty so the game itself is not teaching players what is bad and what isn't.

Have you not watched David attenbrough with riding elephants?

Here is a quote?
Elephants are still used for safaris, and for anti-poaching efforts in many of India’s national parks. During filming for the tiger episode in blockbuster series Dynasties, for example, the BBC used domestic elephants to access more remote areas of Bandhavgarh.

Wildlife guide and photographer Paul Goldstein, who has spent 21 years leading tiger safaris, says such “broad-brush conservation” is foolish. “Banning elephant rides to see tigers puts all the mahouts [handlers] in the poor house. These animals offer a unique way of tracking the species, and I have never seen them exploited.”

But I do agree that they are being abuse and this does not need to duplicated in the game.

Top Bottom