CQC What's the purpose of the "stuff" floating around you can shoot and blow up?

You seems to get things looking like packs of missiles or the like floating around which you can shoot and blow up?

I know in the ice map there are what appear to be large crates floating around that you can shoot and they blow up. As to the purpose I can only guess that the explosions may damage nearby ships. Also might work as a distraction or obstruction to people shooting at you. I've not had an opportunity to use that to my advantage yet but it's fun blowing them up.

Every FPS game has to have explosive barrels or equivalent, right? At least that seems to be how the formula goes...

I really only shoot them for pretty effects and explosion sounds, as most players don't hang around them to make it a viable environmental weapon. But one match in beta I believe I saw one of my teammates destroy an enemy with one, bu I'm not sure.

I've wondered if they'll do splash damage to nearby ships. It'd be really hard to use it against an enemy, but who knows?

I'll test it on myself. 500m, 300m, 100m, and sitting next to it.

They do no splash damage. It's completely aesthetic. But there isn't really enough of it to make a difference (adding to the intensity of the matches). I hardly see it get hit because there isn't a lot of interactive debris

They do no splash damage. It's completely aesthetic. But there isn't really enough of it to make a difference (adding to the intensity of the matches). I hardly see it get hit because there isn't a lot of interactive debris

Haha - my opinion of them can be taken from your avatar pic Neofactor!! Lol.

Last edited:
Top Bottom