General / Off-Topic Whats your favorite Frontier game?

Well let see, old lier gives this list of games by Frontier.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frontier_Developments

Frontier: Elite II
Frontier: First Encounters
Darxide
V2000
Infestation
Wallace and Gromit in Project Zoo
Darxide EMP
RollerCoaster Tycoon (Xbox port)
Wacky Worlds and Time Twister expansions to RollerCoaster Tycoon 2
Dog's Life
RollerCoaster Tycoon 3
Soaked! and Wild! expansions
Wallace & Gromit: The Curse of the Were-Rabbit
Thrillville
Thrillville: Off the Rails
LostWinds (WiiWare game)
LostWinds: Winter of the Melodias (WiiWare game)
Kinectimals
The Outsider
Elite 4 (upcoming game)
Disneyland Adventures (upcoming game)
Unannounced roller coaster simulation game

Now did Frontier do Frontier as the game was released in 1993 and the company was formed in 1994 …… :S:S:S:S:S:S:S

Yea thats a strange one right enough Spacegamer :D Anyways Frontier (done by Frontier before they existed) was always my favorite, specifically the early Amiga version with the wormhole bug :cool:

Yea thats a strange one right enough Spacegamer :D Anyways Frontier (done by Frontier before they existed) was always my favorite, specifically the early Amiga version with the wormhole bug :cool:

Totally agree with you. First Amiga version of original Frontier: Elite II is my all time favourite "Frontier" (at that time the game was owned by Game Tek) game.

Sir.Tj

The Moderator who shall not be Blamed....
Volunteer Moderator
Got to be First Encounters for me closely followed by Frontier on the Amiga.

Didnt I create a poll about the Elite games a while back? Anyways I think the op wants our views about Frontier's whole range of games as Spacegamer correctly pointed out. Appart from version 1.01 of miggy Frontier, I quite liked Infestation, shame I cant get it to work these days on modern kit :(
Mmmmmmmmmm, I wonder if Frontier would be willing to let GOG have a try at updating it? :rolleyes: Would GOG want to try? :S

Apart from the two Frontier games the only other Frontier game that I have played is V2000.
Would not mind having a go at Infestation and there is a PlayStation version as well as the PC one, will have to keep an eye out for that one if the PC one is now incompatible.

Infestation was not well received on the playstation due to lots of slowdown, if my memory serves, mind you that was the PS1. Perhaps the game would fair better on the more powerful, PS2 or even PS3 if it could run it? Virus 2000 was another game I tried to run on modern kit. That crashed too. I think the problem with them is to do with the on disk copy protection. At least this is what David Braben himself said long ago on this forum. Incidentally, why doesn't he post on here anymore I wonder? :S

Last edited:
Elite 2 all the way. A game that was made over 16 years ago that still has great replayability now over modern games with super graphics has to account for something. I just hope they do get their butts into gear and make Elite 4 without Braben keep popping his head out every few years to show he is alive to say "yeah its still on the cards." Well stop making kinnect games and get on with it.

Hmmm, it would have to be Frontier/Frontier: First Encounters... but I have to say I have a soft spot for the original Virus.

Thats a game I would love to see updated and released on XLBA/PSN/Steam.

I have to say though releasing a game before your formed is quick development time. Match that Atari.

My favourite Frontier game would probably be RollerCoaster Tycoon 3 especially now it has quite a lot of downloadable custom content available for it.

Lol, your right. Technically Virus isnt a Frontier game, but given that David Braben wrote it I think it should still qualify ;)

If I say the.....Elite games will I be face-palmed followed by "yes Dusty we all like the Elite series" :p

Top Bottom