When will Community Goals return?

Frontier: Gentlemen! We do not have any ingame events until July.
Forum user #1: What about the community goal?
Frontier: You've already had it.
Forum user #1: We've had one, yes. What about this week's?
Frontier: leaves thread
Forum user #2: Don't think they have one for this week.
Forum user #1: What about other incentives to play until 2020? Player agenda? Personal narrative? Community engagement? Raxxla and other mysteries? Living and breathing galaxy? They know about that, don't they?
Forum user #2: I wouldn't count on it.

:p
Honestly the biggest issue, surprise surprise, is THEY DO NOT COMMUNICATE THESE THINGS.

How hard could it be to say "there will be a CG this thursday, none for the next two weeks, then another one"? Instead of me deciding only to play Elite on Thursday this week, intentionally setting aside time because I expected a CG of some description, seeing as how they went back on their word about stopping CG's in favour of I.I.'s, and then me not playing at all because they decide silently not to have one - why? for what reasons?

It's honestly a shambles. There won't be half the community left by the so-called-alleged "2020" update.

Honestly the biggest issue, surprise surprise, is THEY DO NOT COMMUNICATE THESE THINGS.

How hard could it be to say "there will be a CG this thursday, none for the next two weeks, then another one"? Instead of me deciding only to play Elite on Thursday this week, intentionally setting aside time because I expected a CG of some description, seeing as how they went back on their word about stopping CG's in favour of I.I.'s, and then me not playing at all because they decide silently not to have one - why? for what reasons?

It's honestly a shambles. There won't be half the community left by the so-called-alleged "2020" update.

Seeing as even the most heavily participated CGs have not involved any significant fraction of the player base I doubt their state or frequency will affect that many of the whole community.

Please dont forget that Pruduct Manager Sally Morgan-Moore is spending her holliday on Ibiza.

CG's ended because of the embarrassing low player numbers. Someone in Frontier needs a big kick up the rear end and his name begins with a D. Pretty game != good game.
You seriously need to first get rid of 20 ships. Then you need to allow guilds to build their own space stations. You need player owned stations to set their own price for goods sold. Raw mats + tech level + time = new goods. More money earned = more money to spent on better police AI etc etc. Get rid of mini games. It's bad, boring and we've had enough. We voted by leaving the game. If you want us back, get off your arses and make the back sim player driven

Last edited:
CG's ended because of the embarrassing low player numbers. Someone in Frontier needs a big kick up the rear end and his name begins with a D. Pretty game != good game.
You seriously need to first get rid of 20 ships. Then you need to allow guilds to build their own space stations. You need player owned stations to set their own price for goods sold. Raw mats + tech level + time = new goods. More money earned = more money to spent on better police AI etc etc. Get rid of mini games. It's bad, boring and we've had enough. We voted by leaving the game. If you want us back, get off your arses and make the back sim player driven

What you write about the reason for changing/cancelling CGs as we knew them is probably right, the pretty game not equalling a good game is true but the number of opinions about what is a good game are similar to the number of game players.

As for the rest my response to most of those suggestions is no or at best maybe.

I to have voted, by staying in the game and the forums if I quit the game I wouldn't stay on the forums it would seem wrong to me to do so.

I have overall enjoyed the return of CGs over the past months.

At least, when there's no developemnt lead event,
I want there are some random CG to improve some station facility or build a new station, or event planetary settlement whatever.

To be honest, the complaints about the lack of CGs feels a bit like an excuse to complain about Elite.

If you want cookie cutter grind events, there are plenty of damaged stations out there.

Next CG will be an explorer CG on 4th of July...
This will be the first CG since feb to be an explorer CG..
CG will not be based in the bubble due to CG station location .

Unfortunately exploration CG still lack basic mechanics that are almost required to make sense of them. Most importantly a defined area of operation.

Unfortunately exploration CG still lack basic mechanics that are almost required to make sense of them. Most importantly a defined area of operation.

But if you do write those sort of mechanics into a CG it starts to look enough like scripted game play to annoy many players.

Top Bottom