When will I be able to use ARX to buy access to engineering?

If you're on PC yeah I'm sure it's pretty bad. I can't speak for Xbox but PlayStation's community isn't all that bad really. They have it so people who tend to grief other people get added bad sport ratings and wind up in lobbies with other bad sport people.

On XB - spent 2 hours in and around Lave/Reorte this evening in Open in un-engineered Cobra mk iii (the lore demands it for me lol). Couple cargo runs saw loads of Cmndrs, not one o7 or interdiction, one flying round with FSD interdictor but no issue, may have been protection, dunno. Went to Nav Beacon for bounties, about 6 other Cmdrs not a single wanted ship in 10 minutes, not a single battle or hello again, went to Res Site got my bounties, back to station, couple Cutters, FDLs hanging round with FSD interdictors but clean, T9s and T7s coming and going and others, nobody seemed to be having any issues. Saw a Mostly Harmless T9, thought, well done you!

Apart from the complete lack of o7s or hellos no issue at all, we may be an unfriendly bunch but not aggressive it seems.

And all please notice that despite the Alliance CG being the only one not to complete that busy week a few months ago we are still providing parties for all at this time of year. What are your Superpowers giving you for the celebrations hmm?

Engineering is grindy if you take it that way... in fact you get materials while playing with various playstyles and try different things. Raw mats by landing on planets and driving with srv blasting rocks, data with scanning various stuff, techno stuff by destroying ships and doing missions. It is there to encourage doing different things. It becomes grind when you obsessively hunt mats to do engineering as fast as possible.

I'm relieved truly. Most people here obviously want to build ships which can just loose fights.
Most people just want to build ships which can run away safely, from a PvP perspective. Is that losing the fight? Yes, but it's a form of loss most people are happy with.

Arguably all the key blueprints for that - shields, shield boosters, drives - are provided by a single engineer with simple unlock requirements. (Depending on the ship, armour/HRP might also be good to engineer, so add a second engineer for those if so)

I'm mostly an Explorer, but I'm currently floating around the edges of the bubble making some coin. I've currently got 3 Engineers unlocked and invites to about 5 more, I'm in no hurry, they don't seem to have anything I need right now. No, I don't think we should be able to pay Arx for access or for upgrades.. I went exploring and collects Mats before I even knew what they were for 100%.. Twasn't a grind, just part of my play. Data mats? Grabbed a Wake Scanner and spent a few days in Deciat scanning every wake I saw. Was it grindy? Sure, a little, but only because I'd made it so.

I'm mostly an Explorer, but I'm currently floating around the edges of the bubble making some coin. I've currently got 3 Engineers unlocked and invites to about 5 more, I'm in no hurry, they don't seem to have anything I need right now. No, I don't think we should be able to pay Arx for access or for upgrades.. I went exploring and collects Mats before I even knew what they were for 100%.. Twasn't a grind, just part of my play. Data mats? Grabbed a Wake Scanner and spent a few days in Deciat scanning every wake I saw. Was it grindy? Sure, a little, but only because I'd made it so.
With data, if you don't do so already, passively scanning every ship you meet in a system also provides a nice little cache too, as well as helping to discover if they are potentially hostile. Also help fill in the tine in SC to stations egc. :)
(also works in Res sites)

It doesn't take years to engineer a ship. I'm almost finished engineering my Corvette and that only took a couple of months with very limited play time.
Pay to win sucks IMO.
only took a couple of months...................................................................................................................................................

only took a couple of months...................................................................................................................................................
Considering fdev expects us to play for ten years, a couple of months is like a few hours compared to how long a few 'games of the year' end up providing enjoyment. some of what you're so easily forgotten I actually had to Google a list to look for examples and gave up because I never even heard of most of them. thinking about this now I find that pretty sad considering I've been a gamer since the late 80s.

makes me realize the people awarding games probably aren't the people playing games

Yes, I know the advise: hot spot fly Solo
But doesn't that cripple the game-play?
It seems that PvP is more a contest of level of engineering than a contest of dog-fighting-skills
No, the fewer players in an instance the better the game runs.

I only PvP by consent which involves agreeing on ships and equipment, I have no interest in spoiling someone’s day or having mine spoiled by some random one sided encounter with another player I can get quite enough of that from an NPC.

Most people just want to build ships which can run away safely, from a PvP perspective. Is that losing the fight? Yes, but it's a form of loss most people are happy with.

I see escaping in a non-combat ship, inferior ship, and 1vWing as a win. The goal was to explode me and that didn't happen so it's a win for me. At the end arriving at the destination is a win.

At one of the CGs I was followed and interdicted many times by a lawful wing. They never exploded me, I got to train the interdictor minigame, and I provided some outlaws the window of opportunity to engage traders. I see that as a win too.

Long flowing hair with your black helmet off, hairy legs walking around your Fleet Carriers with your bros while the whole kurs muzzle plants into into 800m of atmospheric planet because you are all too busy partying\' on streamin' Discord to pilot said FC (Midnight Black, 20 Cobra IVs)

Now I get truly hyped.

Top Bottom