Where do they sell Stations Auto-Exit Computer...?

If the galaxy owes them a beverage for something so trivial, I know a good number of fellow buckyballers and racers in general who should be totally wasted by now. I should barely be able to walk straight myself. 😅
Flying perfectly through one of the internal structures at a high-tech station completely backwards with no visibility without smashing into either it or the back of the starport in a flying brick is still pretty impressive to me.

Flying that brick FA Off flipping through the slot is rather impressive, flying it between those internal structures is rather luck. Speaking from long-time experience in the field.

Though I can name you a guy who flew completely backwards through the narrow gap between two towers at a planetary outpost. Starting from 1500 km away. At 4000 m/s. :LOL:

Flying that brick FA Off flipping through the slot is rather impressive, flying it between those internal structures is rather luck. Speaking from long-time experience in the field.

Though I can name you a guy who flew completely backwards through the narrow gap between two towers at a planetary outpost. Starting from 1500 km away. At 4000 m/s. :LOL:
Wait, is it impressive or trivial?

I doubt they will remove the docking computers because some users think it makes docking, one of the most trivial and inconsequential parts of the game easier. The guy comparing docking in ED to flying a commercial airliner in real life or docking a cruise ship is ridiculous. I can admit, I used to endlessly bag on a friend of mine because he relied on the docking computer, but it was dumb in hindsight, and the docking computer saves me some time that I can get a drink or do something else during the docking process. It’s in these times that I like to pan to my panels and set course for example.

-k

Wait, is it impressive or trivial?

It depends on the frame or reference. It's impressive in the frame or reference of your post, trivial in the frame of reference of mine. :D
Jokes aside though, when "blazing your trail" consists of being a race/stunt pilot, stuff like that becomes par for the course. And I'm not even that good at that!

The ADC can help with the Beluga & Cutter exiting the slot. The best use I have for the docking computer is when I boost into a station to avoid a scan (ie through the slot at 250+ m/s). Engage docking computer at <7.5km, but boost through the slot. Now hit zero thrust and let the DC sort out the landing...

It depends on the frame or reference. It's impressive in the frame or reference of your post, trivial in the frame of reference of mine. :D
Jokes aside though, when "blazing your trail" consists of being a race/stunt pilot, stuff like that becomes par for the course. And I'm not even that good at that!
Fair enough.

There really needs to be a formal ED air show of sorts. That really would be a spectacle.

You can boost twice with the Type-9 before exiting the station!
tenor.gif

Top Bottom