Engineers Where do you look for Pharmaceutical Isolators?

A Newer Version of this Thread.
If its any help to anyone trying to find PI....

The way if find them 'Fairly easily', is find a system in outbreak, use EDDB. Ah you say, thats already been covered, but read on.......

The trick is that the controlling faction must be in Outbreak, and any other faction in that system must have 'NO ACTIVE STATE'

Like this.....View attachment 332799
So head off to system, get a list of all USS (Nav or FSS, up to you), and they should only be Outbreak. If they are you have a good chance (Not scientifically tested, but i have not had anything but Pharms 'YET') that they will be Pharm Iso's.
Caveat to this is that there is also a good chance that there will not be any HGE's in the system. I note the system for a revisit and move onto the next one i have listed from EDDB.

You need: To do some homework from EDDB to build a list of the above systems & and have a ship with a HUGE jump range as my lists have my jumping across the whole bubble. Using this system, i have today got 80 PI's from a list of 12 systems. Best hauls seems to be 4 PI's (Totalling 12, but most are just 3 totalling 9. not had a 5 yet?? ) my other PI's came from Deadly Conda's in Pirate Activity regions.
The problem is something Guaranteed no HGEs. I've been to several Outbreak systems myself and haven't found any HGEs.
And by the way, the population doesn't matter.

Destroy pirate lord corvettes through the solo assassination missions. You get at least one high grade material per explosion, and frequently more.
With a unengineered Ship?Great Idea.NOT!

Last edited:
I too have found or not found pharmaceutical isolators in outbreak systems with both low and high populations. Population does not seem to matter. They are more rare than any other grade 5 material to find except for military super capacitors.
My solution is, if I happen upon a system in outbreak, I check for HGEs and if one has pharmaceutical isolators, I will use the relog trick to refresh the HGE and keep collecting until it expires. I rarely have to hunt for pharmaceutical isolators or trade for them.
Not helpful if you want some right now.
I always trade for military capacitors. Usually Imperial shielding or proto heat radiators. Probably best to trade for some since you have been looking for a while.

A Newer Version of this Thread.

The problem is something Guaranteed no HGEs. I've been to several Outbreak systems myself and haven't found any HGEs.
And by the way, the population doesn't matter.

With a unengineered Ship?Great Idea.NOT!
As I've said, you can try this method - on Karas 2. This method is numbing but guaranteed. Also take into account that this opportunity have a very narrow time window in the Bubble - present for only two weeks in three months.

As I've said, you can try this method - on Karas 2. This method is numbing but guaranteed. Also take into account that this opportunity have a very narrow time window in the Bubble - present for only two weeks in three months.
Useless because:
Takes more time than normal.
In addition, you have to do 1000 things before you can get there
And finally: The thread in your oh so great link is from 2020.

Useless because:
Takes more time than normal.
In addition, you have to do 1000 things before you can get there
And finally: The thread in your oh so great link is from 2020.
Sorry? What kind of 1000 things?
In Odyssey - couple of jumps to the system, DSS, disembark in your prefered SRV, drive 100 meters. Shoot, drive 15m to scoope, drive back, relog, repeat?=)
Post is probably from 2020 but still relevant however I've checked it yesterday on one of my alts.

Sorry? What kind of 1000 things?
In Odyssey - couple of jumps to the system, DSS, disembark in your prefered SRV, drive 100 meters. Shoot, drive 15m to scoope, drive back, relog, repeat?=)
Post is probably from 2020 but still relevant however I've checked it yesterday on one of my alts.
If this method is supposed to be sooo efficient why were there no videos about it in 2020 and now in 2022?
Exactly! Because it's not efficient!
And if you ONLY get 1x PI out of this one cargo, then all the effort is not worth it and you can also look for HGEs in Outbreak.
Because there you get much more efficient and more than with the method you mention!

If this method is supposed to be sooo efficient why were there no videos about it in 2020 and now in 2022?
Exactly! Because it's not efficient!
Brilliant argument =))))
Well, I'got 33 PI there yesterday - just "for science", yes. It was your question and your choice =)

BTW. I have never said it's an efficient method. Quite the contrary - it's boring. But guaranteed.

Last edited:
Brilliant argument =))))
Well, I'got 33 PI there yesterday - just "for science", yes. It was your question and your choice =)

BTW. I have never said it's an efficient method. Quite the contrary - it's boring. But guaranteed.
i Think the Cmdr you are replying too wants PI's delivered to his ship whilst he is away from the game. Yes PI's are difficult to get, Yes you have to work at it whatever method you use, My way, or the Surface way or trade other G5 mats. End of the day they are difficult to get, but there has been at least 3 good ways to get them, if you are not prepared to put a bit of 'GRIND' into this game then maybe the Elite Genre is not for you!!

Brilliant argument =))))

33 PI after waht?10h?
In Signalis?a system so far away(22kLY) that there is no route to it?
But after what you wrote, it was read using an efficient method.

@Wasp0 being supplied is not a bad idea😁

Top Bottom