Where to start?

I really like the idea of some Elite roleplay stuff! When I'm playing games like this, and this one in particular, I like to kinda take my time and maintain at least somewhat of an inner narrative about what I'm doing. Trouble is, I tend to be fickle, and I want to try all kinds of stuff!

Over the last few days, I bought a hauler and stripped it bare (no weapons, no shields) to maximize jump range, and made the trek to Sol. Since I got there, I decided to make something of it!

I left my hauler in it's stripped-bare form. All internal compartments configured for cargo hauling. I have a class B power distro unit for the extra boost capability, and a class D sensor array, to save weight for longer range. That's it! With that, I decided to start running missions, based mainly out of the Mars High station. Instead of power-grinding, I was focusing mostly on missions, for the purpose of building a reputation with the factions there at the home system. I figure that's a powerful place to have a good reputation!

Over the last couple days I've become quite familiar with a number of the systems near Sol, and I am now friendly with the Federation Congress faction! I just surpassed 400,000Cr in the bank, so I'm starting to have some options available to me. As a result, I'm sitting here thinking of what I want to do next. The only answer that comes up is "I want to do everything!"

So, getting back to the point of this post, where do I start? Just start writing stories? Is there anything I should catch up on? Have any suggestions? I suppose what I'm mostly looking for is a bit of encouragement and/or inspiration. I really like the idea of getting into more roleplay stuff, but have little experience.

So I guess I dunno! Say random stuff and I'll read it!

I really like the idea of some Elite roleplay stuff! When I'm playing games like this, and this one in particular, I like to kinda take my time and maintain at least somewhat of an inner narrative about what I'm doing. Trouble is, I tend to be fickle, and I want to try all kinds of stuff!

Over the last few days, I bought a hauler and stripped it bare (no weapons, no shields) to maximize jump range, and made the trek to Sol. Since I got there, I decided to make something of it!

I left my hauler in it's stripped-bare form. All internal compartments configured for cargo hauling. I have a class B power distro unit for the extra boost capability, and a class D sensor array, to save weight for longer range. That's it! With that, I decided to start running missions, based mainly out of the Mars High station. Instead of power-grinding, I was focusing mostly on missions, for the purpose of building a reputation with the factions there at the home system. I figure that's a powerful place to have a good reputation!

Over the last couple days I've become quite familiar with a number of the systems near Sol, and I am now friendly with the Federation Congress faction! I just surpassed 400,000Cr in the bank, so I'm starting to have some options available to me. As a result, I'm sitting here thinking of what I want to do next. The only answer that comes up is "I want to do everything!"

So, getting back to the point of this post, where do I start? Just start writing stories? Is there anything I should catch up on? Have any suggestions? I suppose what I'm mostly looking for is a bit of encouragement and/or inspiration. I really like the idea of getting into more roleplay stuff, but have little experience.

So I guess I dunno! Say random stuff and I'll read it!

So for me, I've kinda got caught in the so called grind. I accidentally didn't when exploring came out, but other than that I keep playing to egt my cobra and the mess around and then a wipe happens. This time I was going to do a similar pattern (creatire of habit) I had a simple transport mission and I was running the errand when I happened on a USS. I popped in to see what was there and it turned out to be a type 9. He said that my cargo was going to be used for evil and bad and I should abandon the mission and take my haul elsewhere. I agreed. The pay was hopeless and in my pretty much stock sidewinder, the distance was silly. I worked out if I stripped everything out of my sidey and found just a tiny bit better FSD I could do it in 2 jumps. I decided not to. I kept my guns and everything else and went the long way round. I thought, who the hell would strip all this off their ship to make 2 jumps into nowhere, no defense! I set of as narly rouge whose heart was in the right place. I submitted to every interdiction and if they were a pirate I took on the odds and fought to make the galaxy a better place. I explored as an aside, new system lets explore. I found system with outposts that I was sure would be empty. Before I set out I was convinced I'd run our of fuel in the middle of nowhere, but no I made it all the way there and delivered the cargo for the 2K!!! I made over 100K on the way without trying to make money. This all happened because I made a decision that I was gonna get taht copper to uzumeru no matter what. I wasn't gonna run from pirates (theanking my lucky stars I never met a PC pilot else I'd have failed, Im not that good a combat pilot). those simple RP decisions opened up a whole fun experience for me and added a depth that the game mechanics alone can never provide. Took me back to Elite the original when I was a kid with an imagination I couldn't shut up!! Especially when it came to space. Truns out it's still there, just a little old and slow, but it's just as "immersive" once I wake it up...

I'm actually waiting for the full release to start so I can role play as my character. I plan on starting out as an Imperial working as a pirate along the Federal Imperial boarder until I have a decent Cobra. I would like to have my character get caught up in a few situations that draws me farther away from Archenar. I want to eventually switch from a Pirate to a Bounty Hunter. I'm hoping to role play with other players so I can build my story around not just myself but several people to make it seem more meaningful. I have a basic Idea of how to get started but I'm hoping the game ends up making me make choices that change how I'm playing my role.

It would probably help if I read a bit more of the fiction from the universe! Unless I wanted to roleplay some sheltered kid who was raised on some planet that was isolated from everything and managed to get out on his own, and doesn't know anything about anything XD

Top Bottom