Which version of ED do you play?

Been away since just before Odyssey, came back a week or so ago and after a bit of advice tried Odyssey (loved walking around the dock etc, not done FPS shooty stuff and probably won't as that is not why i Elite traditionally), which i liked well enough.

Then started to have quite a few crashes when trying to land on a planet surface (space stations and the rest of the game fine), turned down Graphics settings still the same. So i switched to Horizons (live) hoping to fix the ctd stuff but it did not really, maybe a little less prone to crash on the planet landings but difficult to say?

So i switch back to Horizons Legacy and so far have yet to have a similar kind of crash so will see where I stay 🤷‍♂️ Testing under way etc.....

I prefer the GUI in Legacy in truth, a couple of Galaxy map options non-withstanding.

4.0 LIVE with my main account on Frontier, a couple of alts from 7-8 years ago still in Legacy there, and one Odyssey from this Christmas sale on Steam - barely few hours with it.

I play the latest PC version of Odyssey via Steam mostly exploration dont think much of the thargoid gameplay in one of the earlyer Elites i saved them from a manmade virus & got a shiny thargoid ship for it & frontier dev seen to of totaly forgot some of us saved them lol

I play Odyssey on PC. I have two accounts, one Frontier and the other Steam. I do everything in space and landside except the Thargy stuff. I've been playing since 1984 with the original Elite where I got Elite Status running drugs.

Predominantly Odyssey on PC via Frontier launcher.

Very occasionally I go back to legacy for the better (or at least more organic and less repetitive canyon and mountain formations that make exploring in the SRV more interesting to me personally) but it kinda makes me sad for the things we've lost in that regard (also the rock solid lighting and shadows). I also used to appreciate the marked improvement in performance when I did that but I’m fortunate to have been able to upgrade to a really decent PC now so that's no longer an issue.

Ody on PC for my main and alt. I also have 3 other inactive alts that I haven't bought Ody for, but they're basically abandoned. I probably won't be reactivating them since my main and alt are sufficient for my needs

Top Bottom