Who is behind the NMLA? The GalNet Tinfoil Trail.

Marlinist terrorism dates to the early days of the Empire (Blood is Thicker in Tales of life on the Frontier) so those at the sharp end of the NMLA are probably true (if fanatical) believers in the cause, but who is behind them? Maybe Liz Ryder was involved but was able to throw investigators off her trail, maybe she is indeed one of ‘those’ Ryders and the Dark Wheel or CIEP are behind the whole thing?

That would certainly be a twist and explain how they have seemingly high level contacts / infiltrators in every Superpower able to pull strings for them or give the info on targets.

I dont like it, DW have always been the good guys to me and not terrorist supporters, but its certainly a possibility for sure.

Looking at old galnet articles is seems chancellor Blaine has (somewhat indirect) ties to anti-emperor groups.

The DW becoming corrupted or subservient to the club etc might play into the 'and here the wheel' story line, but the salome story line makes me think it would be the core leadership of the DW that is corrupted, and not the more regular membership of the DW. Elite tends to avoid mustache twirling 1D badguys, but rather have different groups with different perspectives doing what they think is best or necessary. Having the DW lose their way would open it up for players to take up the mantle and original goals of the DW for themselves.

That would certainly be a twist and explain how they have seemingly high level contacts / infiltrators in every Superpower able to pull strings for them or give the info on targets.

I dont like it, DW have always been the good guys to me and not terrorist supporters, but its certainly a possibility for sure.
I’m not sure the DW are necessarily the goodies (apart from anything else ED doesn’t seem to deal in that), but much more ambiguous, CIEP on the other hand are most certainly entirely on board with terrorist attacks.

I’m not sure the DW are necessarily the goodies

Yeah I think I'm mixing old lore and equating 'seeking the truth' with 'goodies' and its not necessarily specified that way. Nothing to say the DW wont find the truth and use it for their own ends.

Rebecca was Club originally during Exodus project then possibly DW, Salome was possibly inducted or kidnapped by the DW* - but Club was trying to make sure humanity had a chance to survive, its just they chose which bits of humanity got the chance and methods of keeping it secret werent exactly honourable, but Spock summed that up 'needs of the one' etc.

*Need to check if Salome attacked Palin base before or after that episode.

But so far anyway, nothing in GalNet to say either way....but it seems likely some conflict is coming somewhere at some time and all we know from GalNet is (Feb - March 3307)

“It is highly unusual for the FJD not to litigate such a major case, considering we don’t know the full extent of Rochester and Fleet Admiral Vincent’s conspiracies. Unfortunately, our request to open a full investigation has been denied.”

“Financial data was presented to the court showing that Vincent, along with others in government and the Federal Navy, received colossal payments via shell companies created by Jupiter Rochester’s loyalists.”

. It will certainly fuel the conspiracy theory that he is a member of a covert group of powerful figures, who manipulate events to benefit the military/industrial complex.”

All of which points straight at the Club but only Sirius has been mentioned numerous times in relation to finding Thargoid sites or Alien tech which could have provided the materials for the bombs for the NMLA. Who is behind Sirius and whether same military industrial complex that backed Jupiter not specified so far.

Just trying to keep it to 'what we have been told via GalNet' since re-launch or what we are being steered / led to believe in current game sources not from other sources. (partly coz I dont know whats been retconned)

I may have got it wrong but there was an attack on Palins old base in Maia iirc and pretty sure Salome was involved. It was never resolved afaik exactly what was going on anyway. Will have to look it up and rescind if remembered wrong.

Edit: from Elite Wiki:

Kahina (Salome) was presumed dead until March 24, 3303, when she was identified as the perpetrator of a theft of Meta-Alloys from Darnielle's Progress in Maia, an

GalNet 24th March 3303:

Three of the five individuals responsible for the recent theft of meta-alloys from Darnielle's Progress have been positively identified, following analysis of starport security footage. Remarkably, one of the perpetrators has been acknowledged as Commander Salomé, also known as Kahina Tijani Loren.

Source: https://community.elitedangerous.com/galnet/24-MAR-3303

Last edited:
Danielle's Progress is nothing to do with Palin though, he was abducted a few years ago (Black Flight suspected) and within the last year or so his base was attacked by Thargoids and abandoned. As far as I know though he had no contact with Salome

Youre right he was at Palin Research Centre in Maia, not Darnielles Progress, was getting confused with his research into Meta-Alloys and their availability at DP.

Anyway what I meant was Salome (and if had joined DW when disappeared) has previous as attacking a station but for reasons unknown apart from stealing meta-alloys, so DW could theoretically not be averse to attacking stations for another reason and be involved with NMLA, and may have that stock of meta-alloys to use to reinforce the ships carrying the enzyme bombs / parts.

Salomé didn’t attack the station though, just robbed it of large amount of meta-alloys. I am interested in a possible CIEP involvement though, not only do they have history for planning and executing major terrorist attacks but also using Thargoid derived weaponry.

Last edited:
Sort of. The Formidine Rift mystery was/is in-game (the abandoned Dynasty Project stations and Zuzara megaship still exist), and that was a Club plot to establish secret refuges far from the expected Thargoid invasion.
I’m pretty sure Drew has said every member of the Club has been mentioned in Galnet

I’m pretty sure Drew has said every member of the Club has been mentioned in Galnet

iirc it was something more like 'If you read GalNet you can work out who the Club members are' which is a bit more subtle but its a few years old I think and again may have been retconned.

However, if its still accurate today as it was when he said it a thought comes to mind. How many Club members if any have been killed off or removed from the game board? Starship One and its fallout years later, the NMLA attacks etc? Some named characters have been affected. Wonder if someone is replacing the members (out of game 'someone') or someone is attacking the Club as we speak (in-game 'someone)'?

And we still dont know who Theta 7 actually is or was or whether they were a named character in the first place....?

Its a riddle inside an enigma inside a Codex / GalNet lol

And we still dont know who Theta 7 actually is or was or whether they were a named character in the first place....?
I'm fairly certain that some RL or fictional terrorist groups (or other generally secretive groups) have had the situation where the leader was referred to by the same title regardless of whether or not they were the same person as the original leader.

The example I can badly think of is the terrorists from Noughts&Crosses where I believe the leader was always referred to as the General, with one of the POV characters assuming the title at some point. It's been a while since I read the book(s) so I'm a bit hazy on all the details.

My point is that Theta 7 could be the title the NMLA assigns to its leader, at least post-Serene Harbour. There might have been an original Theta 7 who was indeed a liberated prisoner from the Imperial prison facility but they could have died or been recaptured and been replaced by other senior NMLA members who kept the Theta 7 designation for propaganda purposes.

Theta 7 is the bomb maker and was the spokesman following the Nine Martyrs attacks, whether that makes him the NMLA’s leader is another matter

GalNet Apr 15th 3307:
The Kumo Crew syndicate has launched an initiative to construct up to five starports to stimulate galactic trade.

Odd time to be building new stations unless you're pretty darn sure the NMLA arent going to bomb them....just saying. Blue Mafia mentioned early on as delivering first bombs although probably unknowingly and just asked to smuggle a package in, later ones didnt need their help.

I need to check Serene Harbour logs but I got the impression Theta group was named that for security purposes by the Empire (IISS) and not by themselves. Afterwards they took or at least Theta 7 took the name in revenge as he had lost himself due to torture and only Theta 7 remained. Sure the logs mention they took his name away from him. Like the Man In The Iron Mask or military or political prisons where you are identified by number only.

iirc it was something more like 'If you read GalNet you can work out who the Club members are'
1618756351796.png

As of the 6th November 2018

Hes said similar on his YT vids about working it out if you read GalNet, but yeah thats much more explicit as in defined. I should have allowed for the fact that he said / wrote it more than once in different ways. My bad.

Top Bottom