Why 9 hours downtime ?

There must be some serious database maintenance going on to require 9 hours, surely a minor software patch doesn't require this length of change window.

I wonder what additional changes are being made to the back end support db's, or maybe the cosmetic / ARX changes really will need all that time to create new and update the existing tables.

The update involves changing the stored data from the old system - a mixture of cosmetics bought from FDevStore (PC) and Frontier Points (Xbox/PS4) - into a new single system, for over 3 million players. FDev will want to get the vast majority of that changeover done correctly, if not all, to minimise post-update support issues... "where is my $1 yellow paintjob you scammers?!?!"

Can you imagine the fury, salt, and drama, that would be created by some paintjobs going missing from a dozen or so forum users' CMDR accounts? :ROFLMAO:
I don't think I have enough popcorn if it did 😂

FDev will no doubt make sure that whatever virtual or real servers they are using are patched up and operating systems updated before even attempting to update their own code and then there will be a few hours of small and alpha-sized testing before general release assuming the new code does not brick-the-server-on-start.

People on here are literally going to moan about anything lol.

I HATE FRONTIER WE GET NO GOOD CONTENT UPDATES.

Patch arrives with FREE in game skins and cosmetics

DAMN IT WHY YOU TAKE 9 HOURS TO UPDATE GAME !

Can picture it now in December ohhhhh Fleet Carriers..

WHY THE HELL IS MY FLEET CARRIER SO F'ING BIG WHY WERE THE SERVERS DOWN FOR 12 HOURS OMG FRONTIER

Top Bottom