Horizons Why an i7 processor?

Ripbudd

Banned
i7 is great CPU for games. If you know what games can use it. For me only cities skylines can really use 90% of it if you build really really big city and run tons of mods. That is a must for me because i love sim games and big sim games eat lot of cpu. ED? Not so much. I'd say i3 would rarely be problem here i5 is 100% safe choice lastly i7 is overkill for ED unless they are planning to use 8 threads to full for some reason. i7 performance is about 100% in 4 physical cores and additional 30% in logical threads. I benchmarked it in few programs and ht gave me about 20-30% more points. So if task manager shows 50% CPU usage then you can be sure that your cpu runs pretty much 75-80% of it's total computing power.

I see no reason why it wouldn't. ED is GPU heavy. IMO way too much and needs some optimization to utilize the cpu more. Right now my gtx 970 sc stays pegged at 99% while my cpu barely breaks 30%. ED VR your i3 is a bottleneck even if you think it isn't.

Sure thing it's bottleneck, but I just trying to say, what ED can run well even on old Clarkdale i3 and even in VR. i7 is waaay to much for it, it's just an old specs for VR, before it got native support from Nvidia.

Top Bottom