Why are all stations in Sirius under lockdown?

Gamers - "Games have no consequences! They're toothless!"
Consequences ensue
Gamers - "You meanies! How dare your consequences interfere with my play grind!"

Forum warrior presents strawman argument
It's most ineffective

I was going to cut your stupid argument down to size but it's not worth it, say hello to my little ignore list

Lets have a living breathing universe everyone demanded.........living breathing universes sometimes have events that cause serious problems for the inhabitants, like earthquakes, floods, asteroid impacts and, yes, terrorist attack. But it's not fair that it affects ME screams everyone who were demanding a living breathing universe and are now slightly inconvenienced by it!

I'm trying to unlock Marco Qwent so I can unlock Prof. Palin, but all of the stations are under lockdown and aren't offering missions. (I have tried all the stations)
You can get Sirius faction rep in a bunch of places. Pretty sure they're the controlling faction at Luyten's Star as well, which is just a hop away. Cartographic data and bounties will get your rep done fast.

The question is, do we wish to play the game vicariously through GalNet where everything happens there, or do we want a game where events actually impact the galaxy? I'd argue we're still to close to the former.

Spending a moment to look at what is temporarily lost, we have Marco Qwent, who offers nothing you can't get elsewhere and access to Palin and Jameson. Now, Jameson requires a Dangerous combat rank so realistically anyone with access to her already unlocked Qwent weeks ago at least. As for Palin, unless you decided to head off into the black early, chances are you've some work to do before unlocking him anyway. Even then, if you haven't already done the 5000 ly and picked up sensor fragments, you can still do this now in readiness.

There's always other engineers though, I mean have you tried g5 plasma accelerators yet?

I think it's a nice coincidence - last time I tried to go this engineer path, there was an infrastructure failure affecting the rare commodity Elvira's unlock needs, so I simply went through the other engineer paths.

Like an year later, I finally bothered unlocking Elvira, and now there's another roadblock caused by the universe further down her path in Qwent's invite.

I'm not complaining, just saying this is also affecting me. And I don't really mind - I don't see it as the game screwing me, but simply a part of the universe consequences in which Elite has quite frankly way too few, I wish we had more. There's no monthly fee associated, so I can just try again someday.

The question is, do we wish to play the game vicariously through GalNet where everything happens there, or do we want a game where events actually impact the galaxy? I'd argue we're still to close to the former.

Spending a moment to look at what is temporarily lost, we have Marco Qwent, who offers nothing you can't get elsewhere and access to Palin and Jameson. Now, Jameson requires a Dangerous combat rank so realistically anyone with access to her already unlocked Qwent weeks ago at least. As for Palin, unless you decided to head off into the black early, chances are you've some work to do before unlocking him anyway. Even then, if you haven't already done the 5000 ly and picked up sensor fragments, you can still do this now in readiness.

There's always other engineers though, I mean have you tried g5 plasma accelerators yet?
You'd be surprised I know 3 people waiting for the lockdown to lift, including myself, all for Palin.

Had game since release, had no idea what/how useful engineers were until about 3 months ago. Had abortive trip to Colonia (passenger mission, go figure) before I was blocked halfway by only having 20 LY range on my Asp. Most of the way through master as Rez are my main income.
There are a million paths to travel in this game, not just yours :)

You'd be surprised I know 3 people waiting for the lockdown to lift, including myself, all for Palin.

Had game since release, had no idea what/how useful engineers were until about 3 months ago. Had abortive trip to Colonia (passenger mission, go figure) before I was blocked halfway by only having 20 LY range on my Asp. Most of the way through master as Rez are my main income.
There are a million paths to travel in this game, not just yours :)
You're right about the million paths, and if there were nothing you -as a player- could do about the lockdown state, you and OP would have a reason to complain.
There is however. So what are you and your friends waiting for?

Lets have a living breathing universe everyone demanded.........living breathing universes sometimes have events that cause serious problems for the inhabitants, like earthquakes, floods, asteroid impacts and, yes, terrorist attack. But it's not fair that it affects ME screams everyone who were demanding a living breathing universe and are now slightly inconvenienced by it!
Yep.

I much prefer the living universe idea and am willing to be inconvenienced when it happens. I'm not writing this to get into an argument. I'm writing this for FDev.

Why are you waiting? Take the matter into your owns hands. Bounty hunting is supposed to speed up the lifting of Lockdown (I'm not a BGS expert, this is what I've heard), the only reason it wouldn't work would be if the Lockdown was being imposed for plot reasons.

Sirius_Black_profile.jpg

Enough of this I say!

Top Bottom