Why are lifeforms so universal?

Yeah, not sure where they are going to go if they ever get to launch ELW's, we of course have obvious repetition now so I don't think that would be a big problem given our current choice.

If they ever launch ELWs i would expect a full rehash of Exobiology, most probably based on some sort of proc-gen
However, if they limit it only to terraformables, they can go with a rather small and predefined set of biota - because, it's terraformed - we got in only the biota we wanted to.

If they ever launch ELWs i would expect a full rehash of Exobiology, most probably based on some sort of proc-gen
However, if they limit it only to terraformables, they can go with a rather small and predefined set of biota - because, it's terraformed - we got in only the biota we wanted to.

I’m pretty sure I’ve stated more than once that I’ve considered terraformed worlds to be the logical step between “lifeless”* dense atmospheric worlds, and ELW, WW, and AW. Of course, when I started saying that, I had bought into the argument it would be easy to implement because of Planet Coaster, Jurassic World Evolution, and Planet Zoo. Now I’m not so sure, because Frontier. ;)

_____
* I wouldn’t be at all surprised if those worlds have their own extremophile life that is fairly common throughout the galaxy.

For myself I go with the apparent panspermia being an artefact of our scanners and the ranges of spectra they scan for.
With lifeforms being indistinguishable from each other, I'd challenge you to distinguish between species of grass without reference to genetic profiles.
Having experienced Starfield's exobiology the repetition would be even more glaring if animals were included.
Even Orca species would be effectively indistinguishable for most people.

Last edited:
There's one bio type I found in only one place, the eastern most system of the galaxy.

I am down to only five exo bio types to find on first footfall bodies. Two fonticulua, one frutexa, one recepta and one concha. I was wondering what was the one bio you only found in one place and what was the system?

I am down to only five exo bio types to find on first footfall bodies. Two fonticulua, one frutexa, one recepta and one concha. I was wondering what was the one bio you only found in one place and what was the system?

Oh it was a Horizons bio, one of the lagrange cloud anomalies, the Odyssey bio is more widespread, there are a few areas with unique Horizons type bios around that only exist in that one region, but I don't think the same applies to Odyssey bios, but some are hard to get, for instance there's one type that only occurs around Wolf-Rayet stars so finding you own previously unsampled one of that type is probably going to be....difficult!

Oh it was a Horizons bio, one of the lagrange cloud anomalies, the Odyssey bio is more widespread, there are a few areas with unique Horizons type bios around that only exist in that one region, but I don't think the same applies to Odyssey bios, but some are hard to get, for instance there's one type that only occurs around Wolf-Rayet stars so finding you own previously unsampled one of that type is probably going to be....difficult!
Thanks!

Top Bottom