Horizons Why are they calling Engineers second major expansion in latest newsletter?

This thread is pure comedy gold (assuming some of you guys were really joking)! I'm very excited about Engineers--should be just about ready when I'm due to return from my current adventure to Beagle Point and back. As to it being "late" I don't really care, I'd rather it was released when ready as opposed to an arbitrarily set timetable.

Release it early and issues and people complain. Release information on what is in 2.1 before the code is completed and tested and then they have to delay or cancel some part of it. People complain you said x y and z would be in it, and now it is only x y and you substituted a for z. I want z back, you said it would be in. FD says in a news letter beta on Tuesday and they miss the date, boards erupt in flames Elite is doomed.
My point is FD has a lot riding on 2.1 (though planet landings and the buggy made the expansion worth it for me), that they want to take the time, and do it right. They don't want to promise X Y and Z and not be able to deliver X Y and Z, so they won't say it till they know for sure it will be in the release. A lot of people on the boards are fair and expect delays at times, I didn't say they like them, but can accept them to make the release more bug free, realizing there will still be some bugs. (There are always bugs when 1000's test compared to just in house testing). There will also be the very vocal group no matter what FD does will never be satisfied. Release when they thought, 4 expansions in the year, so 3 months per, it should be out in March. It isn't the sky is falling, they complain. It gets released in March there are issues and features missing or not working. They yell you should have delayed the release. So they delay it and those same people are screaming it shouldn't be delayed or not enough information and the sky is falling.
So in the end FD is on the losing end no matter what, yet other games skirt by over a year late, and no one says boo, because it takes time to make a quality game. Well FD know that, are doing it, and taking their time now to do it right. I applaud it.
Calebe

Last edited:
I hear there is a major new rep target on this thread for the first person who can post a genuine pic from the next release.

All I want to know is, will engineers and huge weapons be in the next update. Thats it. How hard can it be?

All I want to know is, will engineers and huge weapons be in the next update. Thats it. How hard can it be?

Yes. They said so numerous times, including the dev updates. There will be new huge lasers and MCs (and large MCs), but they will be fixed. Engineers will be in the next update, as its called "engineers".

Really I'm not a combat guy, only necessary to survive.

But you guys already answered me. Once again the "work" will be delivered in half.

Last edited:
Really I'm not a combat guy, only necessary to survive.

But you guys already answered me. Once again the "work" will be delivered in half.

I still don't understand which work will be delivered in half.
And also why a non-combat pilot needs a C4 Multicannon. [squeeeee]

I still don't understand which work will be delivered in half.
And also why a non-combat pilot needs a C4 Multicannon. [squeeeee]

Well, I'm sorry I did not know of your problems, it seems that you can not understand anything anyway.[wacky]

This should be called the touchy touchy thread, with 6 months from the 2.0 release till the 2.1 release, a bit of cabin fever is setting in. fdev have probably learnt a new lesson that you have to feed the animals every 4 months or they start getting a little loopy.

i,m not complaining myself i had a good cry last month and feel much better now.

When 2.1 is released, if it does not really add a new and profound content for Horizons, I'll abandon the Titanic.

Just for my records:

Do you use a HOTAS with ED?

Do you use VR with ED?

If the answer is no and no, then no wonder you're bored. I would be too if I was playing with a mouse/keyboard on a tiny winy monitor setup and no amount of content would unbore me.

Well, I'm sorry I did not know of your problems, it seems that you can not understand anything anyway.[wacky]

No it was confusing, and still is.

Actually it is not confusing you just moan about everything (except No Man's Sky) so you are pretty simple to understand in that regard.

Last edited:
Top Bottom