Why do NPC ships still get stuck in the mailslot?

Decided to try and do some of the frontline solutions gameplay. Sat in an NPC vulture dropship that can't get to the fight because a stupid NPC ship is blocking the exit. These used to get shot by the station so that it would clear. Why is this no longer the case?

OMG now on the return apex journey from a planet right next to the station I've picked my Apex shuttle decided to fly straight out into space 60k miles!!! What the blue blazes? Had to reset the destination twice to get it to fly back on course. What is up with this thing right now?

Original NPC ship was only budged from the station entrance by a helpful cmdr btw .. he came along and physically shoved it out of the way. It should be blown up after a few seconds of being sat there blocking the entrance.

just did it now, after another cmdr left two medium ships were blocking it one kept trying to get inthe slot from outside & kept bumping the side then reversing over n over n over again >< relogging fixed it

Well, they AI pilots could use an upgrade. The mail slot could also be enlarged, because it restricts the maximum ship size.

Last edited:
yup, i wait till ive cleard the slot in my type 9 before taking over & boosting, i did wait some time in the T9 while those two ships were f around before i relogged, & even if its just a few feet added to the slot size would be nice,

Sitting and relaxing in busy stations watching NPCs get stuck and blown up by the station was one of my favourite pastimes. Especially when they were Belugas. This hasn't happened for some time, probably broken by an update.

I miss it. There was something satisfying about watching Beluga parts floating around the station interior.

Sitting and relaxing in busy stations watching NPCs get stuck and blown up by the station was one of my favourite pastimes. Especially when they were Belugas. This hasn't happened for some time, probably broken by an update.

I miss it. There was something satisfying about watching Beluga parts floating around the station interior.
Right until they got stuck between you and your pad when your docking timer was running out because of all the trouble caused by the Beluga before it became a cloud of bits.

I think the NPC is just a reflection of the passenger's piloting skills. 😉
in that case defnitley with mine, these npc crews should they be paid even 2% if you have stuffed them in a box in a station that you have to look up onthe map to remember where you left them ? so he or she is getting paid with their feet up somewhere whle im nearly flying my type 9 into stars very 15 or 20 jumps ?
edit/ dear fdev pls can we pay them just half & give them a stick to poke some breathing holes in their box

speaking of which, how often are type 9 npc traders getting smoked inside big stations? the internal station lasers look like a 90s rave party if you have just that minute sat your cmdr on comfy bar chair and had the slot in the baground through the bar window centre screen & caught it from there & im guessing players who get that done to them do not see it from the view i had lol, it got as far as taking up the whole view out of the centre bar window before it was disentergrated, rly i had just lined up the cam suite view from the bar to the slot as i often to afk, and it happend, banged my f knee getting back to the keyboard so yea MOST times it is relaxing because hey if it can happen to them,
& that auto dock maybe once a month or so try's to get me fined or blown up =D & it seems plain to me the auto-dock dj keeps playing that tune to get one f us to be the first to blow their own brains out with a multi-cannon, dog isnt a dj its a sadist.

edit/ " five reactive coils & a pint of valium please barkeep! a need to calm ma nerves" thats probably what all those zonked out spacers on concourses all over used to say >< yup they too likely had dreams of being elite & dangerous now look at them

Last edited:
I have noticed that when playing in solo, the mailslot is pretty much never blocked by npc ships, but when playing in open (at least in very busy stations like Jameson Memorial) it's always completely clogged, with half a dozen npc ships stuck there in all possible orientations and positions.

Getting out of the station using the small gaps left can be challenging.

I have noticed that when playing in solo, the mailslot is pretty much never blocked by npc ships, but when playing in open (at least in very busy stations like Jameson Memorial) it's always completely clogged, with half a dozen npc ships stuck there in all possible orientations and positions.

That's because in Solo, there is no instance without you, and no NPC spawns you didn't generate.

In Open, any high CMDR traffic instance has likely been held open for hours or days at a time, and everyone has been dragging NPCs into it. They are infrequently reset and clutter builds up. Used to be even worse; NPCs don't get stuck or destroyed in the stations at anywhere near the rate they once did.

Top Bottom