Why do we need cargo space to accept jobs with cargo reward???

So the story is I do most of my mission running in smaller ships (mainly engineered Hauler with 44LY jump range) which has 0T cargo. Annoyingly quite frequent missions want to give me between 1 and 4 tons of reward, so I have to get a 2E cargo rack, accept the reward, then I'm able to ditch the cargo rack and when completing the jobs, I just don't get the cargo.

Given the above then, why do we HAVE to have cargo space for a reward which we can just waiver when completing? If we can complete the mission with 0T space, then we SHOULD be able to accept the mission without space!!

Any ever mentioned this as an idea or seen a reason why from FDev as it's damn right annoying (especially when last night going in and back of out the Outfitting screen refreshed my missions!!)?? (maybe they just have a flag on missions of Cargo 0 or 1, and main cargo missions use the same flag....)

It used to be that you couldn't hand in the missions without space so they must have changed something, perhaps they'll address this issue with cargo storage, if and when they add it. I was thinking they should just ditch commodity rewards if they're not needed for upgrades but some are needed for unlocking engineers. I find them such a pain always having to get rid or if you forget then it's walk the plank time... Aghhhh

yep its very annoying to have a 4t cargo rack installed on my combat ships just so i can accept those mission while realisictly 4 of those cargo canisters should easily fit in the back of most cockpits or even strapped to a railing in you ships walkways

fdev could just get rid of the necessity to accept those cargo rewards all togheter because right now they are not even worth my time scrolling the market menu to sell them, i just discard them straight away

or they could simply add a 4t cargo space to every ship that would not be available when a dedicated cargo rack is installed

because many ships seem to have plenty of space aboard

... why do we HAVE to have cargo space for a reward which we can just waiver when completing?

Only answer I can think of is that in some mission mechanism design meeting, no-one thought of it. As mentioned by fitzsteve, you didn't used to be able to complete the mission without enough cargo, so someone has obviously thought about it a little bit, but not taken the logical next step which is to not care when you accept the mission and to prompt whether you want to discard the cargo reward (with an option to automatically discard) when you hand it in.

Very annoying

What's even more annoying is that if you ARE running a ship with cargo racks, haulage cargo filling up your hold such that you haven't space to take the reward won;t let you accept it either even though you won't need the space for the reward until after you've offloaded the haulage to turn in the mission.

So the story is I do most of my mission running in smaller ships (mainly engineered Hauler with 44LY jump range) which has 0T cargo. Annoyingly quite frequent missions want to give me between 1 and 4 tons of reward, so I have to get a 2E cargo rack, accept the reward, then I'm able to ditch the cargo rack and when completing the jobs, I just don't get the cargo.

Given the above then, why do we HAVE to have cargo space for a reward which we can just waiver when completing? If we can complete the mission with 0T space, then we SHOULD be able to accept the mission without space!!

Any ever mentioned this as an idea or seen a reason why from FDev as it's damn right annoying (especially when last night going in and back of out the Outfitting screen refreshed my missions!!)?? (maybe they just have a flag on missions of Cargo 0 or 1, and main cargo missions use the same flag....)

I agree so I wrote this proposal two days ago:

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showt...ewards-from-missions!!!?p=5111390#post5111390

What's even more annoying is that if you ARE running a ship with cargo racks, haulage cargo filling up your hold such that you haven't space to take the reward won;t let you accept it either even though you won't need the space for the reward until after you've offloaded the haulage to turn in the mission.

And the opposite of this - many times I've gone trading only to find that I haven't taken a full load of some expensive commodity because my hold is filling with relatively worthless junk I acquired from some missions, and I forgot to spring-clean before buying.

As mentioned by fitzsteve, you didn't used to be able to complete the mission without enough cargo, so someone has obviously thought about it a little bit, but not taken the logical next step which is to not care when you accept the mission and to prompt whether you want to discard the cargo reward (with an option to automatically discard) when you hand it in.

Very annoying

This isn't entirely true - passenger missions are still broken this way (happened to me last night). I actually had to outfit cargo just to turn in the mission (it wouldn't even appear on the screen for "Claim" until I did so). And of course, I simply dumped the cargo afterward.

This isn't entirely true - passenger missions are still broken this way (happened to me last night). I actually had to outfit cargo just to turn in the mission (it wouldn't even appear on the screen for "Claim" until I did so). And of course, I simply dumped the cargo afterward.

Thanks for the info - one more thing to add to the list of gotchas to watch for if I ever try carrying whiny, needy, demanding cargo ... aka passengers ;)

Top Bottom