Newcomer / Intro Why does fdev hate the Empire?

subj. i don't understand why the payout for the current CG participation is half of that of the feds. also, the pilot that parked Strength of Purpose near a ringed planet should get his pilot license yanked.

The difference you see is because the fed side is on tier 2 and the imps only on tier 1. The reward levels increase as higher tiers are reached.

So what you are seeing is that more players are fighting for the feds ( 4,507 ) than for the imps ( 1,848 ).

The actual levels of payout are only determined when the CG ends.

huh. that's even more confusing. community sides with the terrorists
[edit: my point on Capital ship location still stands, could have at least position it closer to one of the poles lol]

I dont think its Fdev, its more that the current CG is a level playing field from an environment point of view, but there are around 3 x more players supporting the Feds than the Empire. There are some clear examples where it was far more attractive to side with one side than the other because of what was being offered. How this all plays out, we will have to wait and see.

It's balancing. Empire are already smarter and more attractive, with a higher metaphysical understanding.

Feds be all salty otherwise. I mean, just look at the ships they have to fly. So FDev throws them a bone with CG payouts now and again. It gives them a reason to go on, a beacon of hope in an otherwise dreary existence.

These CGs are cookie-cutter things. The next one may well be the opposite. There is no hidden meaning behind them.

Wasn't it also the case in years gone by that a Fed vs Empire CG would see all the Imperial-aligned player groups converge on the system and win it by a landslide, or is my memory failing me?

Mine failed long ago... you're asking the wrong guy. :ROFLMAO:

Wasn't it also the case in years gone by that a Fed vs Empire CG would see all the Imperial-aligned player groups converge on the system and win it by a landslide, or is my memory failing me?
Well I can remember when if it was a hauling CG the Empire won by a landslide, combat CGs were a Federal landside. but how near the middle of the bubble played a big part as well, at least in terms of contributors.

Siding with the terrorists? The way I read the CG, it was due to the Empire invading Fed space AND the Empire stating that they have a right to overtake the system. Really? That's a pretty interesting view. I'd say there's a difference between making a hit on terrorist facilities (if they exist) and overtaking the whole system!
I'd warrant that if it were the other way, Imperials would say something to the effect: Really? You have a right to overtake our system? I think not! How about talking to us first to go after the actual culprits?

Sure there are other details, but that's not siding with the terrorists. There are many civilians (who happen to be Marlinists, not necessarily NMLA), they're just refugees now. I'm not in favor of terrorists bombing and killing, but I'm not in favor of what the Empire thinks it is entitled to do in this case either.

I suspect that others agree. The participation margin has grown substantially - 6786 Fed. to 2743 Imp. I doubt that the Empire can win in this situation. Does FDev dislike the Empire? I couldn't say. What I can say is that it's not reflected in the player participation, it may be reflected in the story-writing.

That said, there's nothing that says - if players as a whole chose to go Imperial - that this could turn out very differently! Lots of story there too, including all the Fed folks suddenly finding themselves in an Imperial system and feeling the distinct need to leave!

If it were the Feds invading an Imperial system using the same poor justification, I'd oppose that too. I claim no loyalty to superpowers and especially none to dumb moves.

What a game!

Last edited:
LOL - I remember, back in the day, when everyone complained how much FD favored the Empire...
It seems.

Braben 1.jpg

🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 🦠 😷

Siding with the terrorists? The way I read the CG, it was due to the Empire invading Fed space AND the Empire stating that they have a right to overtake the system. Really? That's a pretty interesting view. I'd say there's a difference between making a hit on terrorist facilities (if they exist) and overtaking the whole system!
I'd warrant that if it were the other way, Imperials would say something to the effect: Really? You have a right to overtake our system? I think not! How about talking to us first to go after the actual culprits?

Sure there are other details, but that's not siding with the terrorists. There are many civilians (who happen to be Marlinists, not necessarily NMLA), they're just refugees now. I'm not in favor of terrorists bombing and killing, but I'm not in favor of what the Empire thinks it is entitled to do in this case either.

I suspect that others agree. The participation margin has grown substantially - 6786 Fed. to 2743 Imp. I doubt that the Empire can win in this situation. Does FDev dislike the Empire? I couldn't say. What I can say is that it's not reflected in the player participation, it may be reflected in the story-writing.

That said, there's nothing that says - if players as a whole chose to go Imperial - that this could turn out very differently! Lots of story there too, including all the Fed folks suddenly finding themselves in an Imperial system and feeling the distinct need to leave!

If it were the Feds invading an Imperial system using the same poor justification, I'd oppose that too. I claim no loyalty to superpowers and especially none to dumb moves.

What a game!
this aged like milk

More like a fine wine. How many terrorists were found in the Marlinist exodus? Nine. I still say military action was an overreaction. It paid well though so I welcome more overreactions by both powers.

Top Bottom