Dinosaurs Why is Giganotosaurus listed as being bigger than Spinosaurus?

In the game Giganotosaurus is listed as 15.5 meters in length making it slightly bigger than Spinosaurus which is only listed as 15 meters in length. The size of Giganotosaurus is a little over exaggerated. We all know that Spinosaurus was the bigger carnivore in the size department (estimated to be nearly 18 meters in length) when being compared to the Giganotosaurus in reality, therefore it should've came in second to the Spino. It even clearly states on the JWE fan wiki and the Game itself that Spinosaurus was the largest land carnivore on record, but yet it still falls short behind Giganotosaurus, making this inaccurate and contradicing within the game? Their size appearances in the game seem okay but the description on their length is wrong. Would it be possible to just swap out the two sizes between Spinosaurus and Giganotosaurus? To me that would be the simplest solution and it would be more fitting for these two kinds of carnivores based off their real life counterparts.

Step 1: Adjust the size of Spinosaurus from 15 meters to 15.5 meters in length.

Step 2: Adjust the size of Giganotosaurus from 15.5 to 15 meters in length.

Attachments

• 5e9c76d72c6aef6f0b134ee82ca69dba.jpg
    5e9c76d72c6aef6f0b134ee82ca69dba.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 391
  • 20200205_163201.jpg
    20200205_163201.jpg
    374.7 KB · Views: 305
  • 20200205_163034.jpg
    20200205_163034.jpg
    396.7 KB · Views: 260
  • 20200205_162829.jpg
    20200205_162829.jpg
    640.3 KB · Views: 260
  • 20200205_163007.jpg
    20200205_163007.jpg
    679.1 KB · Views: 294
  • 20200205_162916.jpg
    20200205_162916.jpg
    608.2 KB · Views: 294
  • 20200205_163136.jpg
    20200205_163136.jpg
    584.6 KB · Views: 333
Last edited:
This is really how it should be, but I still think it would easier to just swap out the two sizes between the Spino and the Giga.

Attachments

• LD7IOGE.png
    LD7IOGE.png
    445.3 KB · Views: 2,970
  • xo3z8ek2sp311.png
    xo3z8ek2sp311.png
    758.5 KB · Views: 344
Last edited:
Well we have no idea about the actual size of the Spinosaurus, since we've only found fragment of fossils. The size is pure speculation, and the fossils we have found are not anyway near the estimated full size of the animal. So anything is relative. "The biggest land carnivore to ever live" really holds no water until we find some fossils to prove it...

I get what you're saying and all but I just wish they would size up these animals based off their actual estimated sizes in real life of what we have on record instead of over exaggerating the size so much (with the exception of Velociraptor and Dilophosaurus) and although Spinosaurus fossils are rare the only mystery I've ever known about the animal and observed is people constantly trying to figure out how it might of looked and what it's posture was actually like, that seems to stagger people more than anything, most experts I hear talk about it all seem to be pretty firm on how big it actually might of been, they praise that more than they do question it and act like it goes without saying. Pretty much they're saying this animal is huge on a pretty impressive level, but I'm not saying anyone is wrong I'm just explaining what I have studied most of my time and going by what has been told by others over the years and by that I mean the actual experts who made these kinds of calls according to their supposed observations, if it was up to me and if I had all the right resources I would rather go and get all the answers for myself instead of having to go by what people say or tell you, but I'm no paleontologist😅

Last edited:
I think this stems back to the sizing update back September 2018. When they scaled up the giga to match t.rex and spino they must have used hip hight rather than length as it would have still looked too small if they scaled it up length ways. This means they had to over-exaggerate the length to accommodate for the right hight. As for why its listed as 15.5m, i suppose its because thats what the model in game for it is. I would probably heve lied about the length in the datebases and stated a more accurate length, while hoping nobody notices it.

I get what you're saying and all but I just wish they would size up these animals based off their actual estimated sizes in real life of what we have on record instead of over exaggerating the size so much (with the exception of Velociraptor and Dilophosaurus) and although Spinosaurus fossils are rare the only mystery I've ever known about the animal and observed is people constantly trying to figure out how it might of looked and what it's posture was actually like, that seems to stagger people more than anything, most experts I hear talk about it all seem to be pretty firm on how big it actually might of been, they praise that more than they do question it and act like it goes without saying. Pretty much they're saying this animal is huge on a pretty impressive level, but I'm not saying anyone is wrong I'm just explaining what I have studied most of my time and going by what has been told by others over the years and by that I mean the actual experts who made these kinds of calls according to their supposed observations, if it was up to me and if I had all the right resources I would rather go and get all the answers for myself instead of having to go by what people say or tell you, but I'm no paleontologist😅

So you want the Spino size to be "accurate" but not the Raptors and Dilo's? Why does this only go for certain species? Most "experts" talking about the animal are not experts at all. They are just enthusiasts or journalists. The experts have made it very clear, that we only have fossils from a subadult, and we have no clue how much they grew after that period. The size is just a publicity stunt, because it's possible it was bigger than the Rex. But we have no evidence of this. We have full Rex skeletons however, so that one is certain.

I had the same view as you, before I started reading reports etc from the actual scientists, and not articles from Nat Geo etc. They hold no water. It's just marketing. :D

Raptors and Dilophosaurus were the Exception because they've already become popular and well received just the way they are inside the lore of Jurassic Park, not bad innovations either even though they are inaccurate It's a little too late to go back and fix how they actually looked, Jurassic Park is its own universe anyway which means they can do pretty much whatever they want to their dinosaurs, And I Was referring to Paleontologist (the people who actually dig these things up & identify them) not "enthusiast" or "journalist."

Last edited:
Raptors and Dilophosaurus were the Exception because they've already become popular and well received just the way they are inside the lore of Jurassic Park, not bad innovations either even though they are inaccurate It's a little too late to go back and fix how they actually looked, Jurassic Park is its own universe anyway which means they can do pretty much whatever they want to their dinosaurs, And I Was referring to Paleontologist (the people who actually dig these things up & identify them) not "enthusiast" or "journalist."

Then you know all the paleontologist size references are purely guesses. They always state that. :)

My main issue here is really the length of the Giganotosaurus. Spinosaurus is actually fine where it's at. I think the Giga is just a tad bit too long, sure it was big, hefty and estimated to weigh more but I can't find any physical evidence of it being that long.

Top Bottom