Why is it so damn hard to upgrade anything?

Actually, as we unlock engineers we're starting to see what use many mats have. Quite a lot of the missions rewards are useful, it turns out. And the same for stuff we find in settlements. And we've yet to unlock all engineers (looks like a long way to go yet with that).

Still agree that we need to get rewarded mats for combat though.
I wonder if they will follow a similar pattern to the colonia engineers in that the more we use them the better they get.

//
They should sell upgrade packs for ARX. That would make everyone happy.
KAPPAsm.png

Why is it so damn hard to upgrade anything?
Because the upgrade and customize loop of suits and personnal weapons are soo poor compairing to the ship and weapons one that if it was not so grindy, you will be able to upgrade all suit and personal weapons in a couple of hour.

I might be missing something but it looks like the easiest way to get schematics and power regulators is to steal them from mission providers. Are there any serious consequences if I do this? I'm presuming I'd have to pay a fine and lose some rep.

Yeah, it's honestly horrible. It almost feels as if there's no a single developer left in Odyssey's team who also worked on Elite before.

It took them years to "fix" Engineers and now we're back at square one, literally repeating all of the old mistakes. Just, why?!?! 😩

Tbh it's not as hard as you think. I have G5 shotgun (engineered as well) and G4 manticore (g5 soon) and I spent like 6-7h for all the mats. You can also always exchange mats for another mats. I don't think FDev should change this thing at all.

Also consider that engineer modifications are permanent and cannot be removed or switched out like experiemental effects currently can be.

May I ask where you got this information from ? I couldn't figure how to remove or switch a modification , but it could be a feature or a bug :)

Life grinder 2.0. If you have no meaningful content in your game to catch the players attention then you add grind elements to it. Why in the first place do we need those modifications, expand the weapon and armor base and get a better dmg type system. FPS gameplay isn't invented in this Expansion.

It's something that was mentioned early on in the Alpha livestreams, so Feature.

Thx dude... So I am somewhat pi.s.s.ed. When I found a new G3 item with a mod I sold my G3 item without any mod, thinking I could (at least ) try it out a bit to check the mod effect before I would overwrite it with a nice fitting mod..

Top Bottom