Dinosaurs Why JWE Shouldn't add E750

Deleted member 275623

D
Its a movie not a documentary. If the viewer is to stupid to realize that its your own fault. It only serves one purpose to make money as entertainment not education.

Its a movie not a documentary. If the viewer is to stupid to realize that its your own fault. It only serves one purpose to make money as entertainment not education.

Unfortunately, reality does not conform to our expectations.

Even paleontologists have had to admit that Jurassic Park has been both a boon and curse to their field. It generates enormous interest that helps sustain and advance the field, but whether the filmmakers want to accept it or not, Jurassic Park is the defacto public image for dinosaurs and paleontology as a whole.

The specific details of paleontology is also not common knowledge, unless you expect the general public to spend a lot of time on esoteric subject matter, they honestly won't be able to tell the difference from a proper paleontologically accurate Dilophosaurus from the Jurassic one. Frills and venom are very much believable aspects for a reptile to possess, and frankly back in 93 there was none of this hybrid dinosaurs stuff to distract audiences, so it was taken for granted. Jurassic Park was a huge step up in terms of accuracy from what came before it, it was also a breakthrough in CGI and photorealism that made it even more compelling. Being a Science Thriller type of movie only gave it more legitimacy in the eyes of the general public.

This deviation between the Jurassic Park films and the Jurassic World films is where more of the disconnect is occurring. Even if depictions of animals in Jurassic Park were exaggerated or fallacious it just has to sound plausible in order for a suspension of disbelief to take hold. In Jurassic World, they made a conscious effort to forego these explanations to have creative freedom to invent their own nonexistent species in the hybrids. Indominus is at least the least offensive, but E750 is the worst as it has more in common with the classic werewolf and Universal's monster movies than it does with dinosaurs.

Dominion and Battle at Big Rock appear to be shifting direction back towards the Jurassic Park formula over inventing dinosaurs. So, it isn't as simple as the audience is stupid, it has an influence on real world interpretations of things, there are plenty of studies on how the media we consume influences other aspects of our lives.

All of the hybrids are so wack. I hate that they added them to the franchise.

While I am not crazy about the hybrids, they were a fine concept when it was just Indominus Rex. Indoraptor really stretched out my suspension of disbelief with some bad execution but it had some redeemable traits. I love how it has those muscle spasms and twitches like it isn't quite right, but the bullet proof hide, the audio/visual cues, and the dumb grinning scene were just not well done or shouldn't have been there at all.

I never liked Stegoceratops either, it is way too exaggerated that it looks silly personally. Spinoraptor is decent, Ankylodocus with more Ankylosaur traits like osteoderms looks way better, but E750 is just too much horror film throwback than dinosaur like surprise there are two of them magically, keeping it shrouded in darkness would have also been a good call, once it was in sunlight any threat it might have posed just disappeared in my eyes.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, reality does not conform to our expectations.

Even paleontologists have had to admit that Jurassic Park has been both a boon and curse to their field. It generates enormous interest that helps sustain and advance the field, but whether the filmmakers want to accept it or not, Jurassic Park is the defacto public image for dinosaurs and paleontology as a whole.

The specific details of paleontology is also not common knowledge, unless you expect the general public to spend a lot of time on esoteric subject matter, they honestly won't be able to tell the difference from a proper paleontologically accurate Dilophosaurus from the Jurassic one. Frills and venom are very much believable aspects for a reptile to possess, and frankly back in 93 there was none of this hybrid dinosaurs stuff to distract audiences, so it was taken for granted. Jurassic Park was a huge step up in terms of accuracy from what came before it, it was also a breakthrough in CGI and photorealism that made it even more compelling. Being a Science Thriller type of movie only gave it more legitimacy in the eyes of the general public.

This deviation between the Jurassic Park films and the Jurassic World films is where more of the disconnect is occurring. Even if depictions of animals in Jurassic Park were exaggerated or fallacious it just has to sound plausible in order for a suspension of disbelief to take hold. In Jurassic World, they made a conscious effort to forego these explanations to have creative freedom to invent their own nonexistent species in the hybrids. Indominus is at least the least offensive, but E750 is the worst as it has more in common with the classic werewolf and Universal's monster movies than it does with dinosaurs.

Dominion and Battle at Big Rock appear to be shifting direction back towards the Jurassic Park formula over inventing dinosaurs. So, it isn't as simple as the audience is stupid, it has an influence on real world interpretations of things, there are plenty of studies on how the media we consume influences other aspects of our lives.
True! I agree 100%!

E750 is already canonically too ugly for the park so it's an understandable direction not to go, though if it were implemented it'd probably get some use (Dr. Wu still seemed fond of the design at least, even if he is fictional).

While Frontier does listen, I don't think this is advice they'd take onboard (not having features tends to get more complaints than having them).

E750 is Canon now they're not going to leave it out of any Jurassic world content not even Jurassic world Evolution 2. To me the introduction e750 was risky and I do appreciate Universal and Colin trevorrow for taking a risk with e 750 because so far Universal has only been appeasing the people who understand the lore references which gets old overtime and this creature breaks that tradition and it was well received by the majority of the fans of course not everybody is going to be satisfied but that's the part of taking risks with introducing new creatures into Jurassic World. I understand that not many people like the hybrid since they're not real dinosaurs but this is Jurassic world not everything is going to be scientifically accurate.

E750 is already canonically too ugly for the park so it's an understandable direction not to go, though if it were implemented it'd probably get some use (Dr. Wu still seemed fond of the design at least, even if he is fictional).

While Frontier does listen, I don't think this is advice they'd take onboard (not having features tends to get more complaints than having them).

I think its only us fans that pay attention to those details, the general audience doesn't seem to care too much for the dialogue in Jurassic movies. Remember how everyone use to point to Wu's remarks about the exaggerated predatory features of the Indominus Rex? That just went in one ear and out the other with the general public.

That said, I do agree, Frontier isn't likely to take advice on excluding a feature without huge backlash against its inclusion.

E750 is Canon now they're not going to leave it out of any Jurassic world content not even Jurassic world Evolution 2. To me the introduction e750 was risky and I do appreciate Universal and Colin trevorrow for taking a risk with e 750 because so far Universal has only been appeasing the people who understand the lore references which gets old overtime and this creature breaks that tradition and it was well received by the majority of the fans of course not everybody is going to be satisfied but that's the part of taking risks with introducing new creatures into Jurassic World. I understand that not many people like the hybrid since they're not real dinosaurs but this is Jurassic world not everything is going to be scientifically accurate.

I guess it depends if E750 fits into Frontier's game campaigns or not. I am skeptical it will make it in a sequel in its initial release, but as a DLC I could easily see them doing something to bring it in. Not really sure how much of a risk its inclusion was for Universal though, they have done hybrids twice in a row for their films, seemed pretty par for the course.

Much of this game isn't scientifically accurate, nor would I personally advocate they do that over making it a fun game first. However, if they do add it, I would be fine with it so long as they avoid the parthenogenesis stuff.

I think its only us fans that pay attention to those details, the general audience doesn't seem to care too much for the dialogue in Jurassic movies. Remember how everyone use to point to Wu's remarks about the exaggerated predatory features of the Indominus Rex? That just went in one ear and out the other with the general public.

That said, I do agree, Frontier isn't likely to take advice on excluding a feature without huge backlash against its inclusion.

I guess it depends if E750 fits into Frontier's game campaigns or not. I am skeptical it will make it in a sequel in its initial release, but as a DLC I could easily see them doing something to bring it in. Not really sure how much of a risk its inclusion was for Universal though, they have done hybrids twice in a row for their films, seemed pretty par for the course.

Much of this game isn't scientifically accurate, nor would I personally advocate they do that over making it a fun game first. However, if they do add it, I would be fine with it so long as they avoid the parthenogenesis stuff.
I don't know why but I would definitely make a E750 YouTube horror film in JWE2 just with this dinosaur hybrid alone.😉👍 that's if a sequel is announced of course

Hey Planet_JWE25!

We get a lot of questions about Camp Cretaceous and the E750, and if we're making either of them a part of Jurassic World Evolution. We don't have anything to announce regarding either of these in the game.
Has anything been discussed, like a DLC maybe?

Honestly, I think Scorpios is pretty cheesy. I would probably only create it in the game if a mission forced me to.

About hybrids, I like the concept of Ingen/Masrani creating a new species with exaggerated characteristics just to regain public interest. And that ends up generating a Frankenstein Monster (in fact, in my parks, the I-Rex is always called Shelley. xD), too bad the movie didn't develop that concept very well.

Deleted member 275623

D
You really compare trailer from today that spoil the whole movie to old trailers where you barely saw what actors are in lmao

I think hybrids are a very good thing in the saga, and I don't think they're that out of place. Hybrids not only have the function of pleasing the audience, but also that of deepening the message of the film: science, used in this way, is terribly dangerous. I really like the speeches that are made on the ethics of creating these creatures and on the control that Wu would like to exercise over them because he thinks he is legitimized by the fact that he made them, when in reality he cannot and never will. Believe me, there is more to the talk "these creatures are ugly, dinosaurs were better" "" "" "" "" "" "" pure "" "" "" "" "".
Specifically, I believe that E750 is the most interesting hybrid, precisely because it looks like a mistake: ugly, humanoid, hyperagressive, it almost looks like an extraterrestrial. But I don't know if it would be in the game: maybe it would be a bit out of place, but I certainly wouldn't mind.

Top Bottom