Why not dinosaur breeding in new DLC!!??

And as things stand now, I think breeding may be difficult and implementable, but not impossible. And if really JWE2 is coming, I really hope they add this feature request

And as things stand now, I think breeding may be difficult and implementable, but not impossible. And if really JWE2 is coming, I really hope they add this feature request
Unless if it was someone using speculation as fact that that's what the new "Game" would be, keep one of those multiple possibilities in mind. Not everyone who works at a company will know everything that respective company will do.

If they're smart JWE 2 won't be the same thing, it'll be more like Planet Zoo; an actual park builder with focus on park building, animal care and entertaining real guests, not silly missions, scripted combat and making money off zombie mannequins...

It's can't be more like Planet Zoo because Planet Zoo is a PC exclusive. They can probably use some of the Planet Zoo ideas in JWE 2 but the game will still be held back by console limitations.

I like how people who have never worked in game development ever says things should be easy. LOL

No creating a bunch of models for baby dinosaurs would not be easy. Even with the limited number of dinosaurs in the DLC it wouldn't be easy. They could probably do it. But it won't be easy, just less work that having to create baby dinosaur models for all the adult dinosaurs.

People need to just get over it. There will be no breeding in this game. Maybe in JWE 2 and that's a big maybe.

Now that picture of the stegosaurus does look like a sub adult. But maybe Swrve was wrong.

If they're smart JWE 2 won't be the same thing, it'll be more like Planet Zoo; an actual park builder with focus on park building, animal care and entertaining real guests, not silly missions, scripted combat and making money off zombie mannequins...

You'd better wake up. The alleged JWE2 would still be under propierty of Universal at the very least, they surely would demand for it to be done for consoles, amd that alone will kill from the start just as it did with JWE. Also, it will have all the same stupid limitations the current one has, even if just to keep up with the trademark. Universal will still want to have a final word on everything, and that cannot be changed.

And I don't get why you assume it would be such a different game because you all are already demanding it to be 'JWE, but more'. And that can be done by JWE, but whatever.

PK? What is it? Did you mean that in 2021 they can implement breeding? But my friend, I really think they will do JWE2, because the first game will be supported for 2 years (correct me if I'm wrong). By 2021 it will be three years. But ... as JW3 will come in 2021, I think a second game is coming. I understand your point, and agree in part, because the leaks have so far been very accurate, it may be that something is wrong, I don't know, but by all indications so far, we'll have JWE2. I may be wrong, but based on current evidence, that's what I think

They said at least until 2021, if I'm correct. Maybe the agreement with Universal included such a deadline, maybe they do planned to make a sequel or maybe they just wanted tl revise terms by then. I'm only sure they won't loose the chance of taking advantage of JW3, but I really doubt making a sequel will be a good move if PK is already ripe. They're not even in beta stage, and they already have some very nice ontongeny process.

The plain fact is that a JW game will never be like PZ because of trademark and consoles, but any rival such as PK might be. And that, alongside JW past will surely kill the alleged sequel's success. Many of us are not interested in one even if PK were not there to take up, so.

Also, the leaks were not that accurate all the time, and Frontier hasn't been playing fair o communication grounds. You're putting too much faith on ghosts and allowing them to abandon JW even more.

You'd better wake up. The alleged JWE2 would still be under propierty of Universal at the very least, they surely would demand for it to be done for consoles, amd that alone will kill from the start just as it did with JWE. Also, it will have all the same stupid limitations the current one has, even if just to keep up with the trademark. Universal will still want to have a final word on everything, and that cannot be changed.

And I don't get why you assume it would be such a different game because you all are already demanding it to be 'JWE, but more'. And that can be done by JWE, but whatever.

They said at least until 2021, if I'm correct. Maybe the agreement with Universal included such a deadline, maybe they do planned to make a sequel or maybe they just wanted tl revise terms by then. I'm only sure they won't loose the chance of taking advantage of JW3, but I really doubt making a sequel will be a good move if PK is already ripe. They're not even in beta stage, and they already have some very nice ontongeny process.

The plain fact is that a JW game will never be like PZ because of trademark and consoles, but any rival such as PK might be. And that, alongside JW past will surely kill the alleged sequel's success. Many of us are not interested in one even if PK were not there to take up, so.

Also, the leaks were not that accurate all the time, and Frontier hasn't been playing fair o communication grounds. You're putting too much faith on ghosts and allowing them to abandon JW even more.

Actually JWE can only be pushed so far. In order to bring in certain things the game would have to be rebuilt and that's not going to happen. It would be a waste of time and money. Making a sequel makes way more sense than trying to rebuild a game. They would have to put in just as much work to do that as they would a sequel.

if frontier put JWE2 out it will be at the very least a slight modest improvement from JWE1 so it be better off they just improve on JWE then start the whole thing from scratch. but hey i have no idea what is going on inside the management heads at frontier...

They can only improve JWE so much. To the point a sequel makes more sense. They aren't going to rebuild the entire game. They would make a sequel before they did that.

I personally don't have a problem with a JWE 2. I would still buy it. I just hope all the stuff from JWE carries over to the sequel if it happens or when it does.

Actually JWE can only be pushed so far. In order to bring in certain things the game would have to be rebuilt and that's not going to happen. It would be a waste of time and money. Making a sequel makes way more sense than trying to rebuild a game. They would have to put in just as much work to do that as they would a sequel.

What things, exactly? Dino resizes, sand on Nublar, bigger maps, Compy-sized dinos and flying reptiles were supposed to be impossible to implement. Island generator or some brand new savegame method would really be only problems I can imagine (not even sure about the first) and those won't be enough to justify a sequel.

Any game can be changed as much as it's creators and technology allow. Mods prove it all the time, some of them do real wonders even without known the full code and inner roadmap. But Frontier devs own the code, they alone know the real one and know which would need a workaround and which a deeper preparing before trying. In any case, it wouldn't be a waste of neither time nor money. Much the opposite: there is a basegame already coded, with so much money invested. Start anew does not make sense at all.

let's just hope they offer free DLC (just like CDPR) to compensate those who invested on the first JWE. if they are going to offer DLC it BETTER be pretty dam big (eg. Blood and Wine or Hearts of Stone DLC big)

Don't count on that. Should a JWE2 eventually happens, it will likely be just JWE with all current DLC by another 60 bucks. And then chances are their own financial expectations/greed and above all the agreement with Universal will push it to work just like now: pretty much empty patch + pay shabby DLC every few months until people's uproars move them to make something like RtJP

Last edited:
I like how people who have never worked in game development ever says things should be easy. LOL

No creating a bunch of models for baby dinosaurs would not be easy. Even with the limited number of dinosaurs in the DLC it wouldn't be easy. They could probably do it. But it won't be easy, just less work that having to create baby dinosaur models for all the adult dinosaurs.

People need to just get over it. There will be no breeding in this game. Maybe in JWE 2 and that's a big maybe.

Now that picture of the stegosaurus does look like a sub adult. But maybe Swrve was wrong.
I think it's funny ... how some people like to get into trouble at all. Nothing in life is easy, and I do know that game development takes money, resources and time, in short ... nothing is easy. But failing to implement a feature request saying it's too hard ... that's not good. Implementing a feature request as breeding would be hard work, but it would be possible. And why not implement breeding? Breeding is an essential element of the Jurassic Park and Jurassic World franchise (Colin Trevorrow revealed in his Twitter account that there was breeding on Isla Nublar after 2015). Breeding would make dinosaurs no longer just numbers in a spreadsheet, but living creatures with needs. It would be a great form of income because when the dinosaur population is very large, just sell the babies and the population will be controlled and you will have extra money in your park! Now with the new DLC, we have new buildings, new skins, new attractions, besides the Aviary. Therefore, breeding and Mosasaurus are feature requests that could be focused on now, considering that this is an essential element in JP / JW movies. I don't see many people asking for breeding for the game on this forum, just a few, but I know that much of the JWE community would like to see breeding in the game, I've seen recent videos theorizing the coming of this feature request, (which was denied by Steggs on Reddit ), and in these video comments, I talked to a lot of people and a lot of them would like to see breeding in the game. Obviously, breeding would bring more immersion in the game, giving more challenge to the parks, hence more fun, and there would be extra money from selling dinosaur babies. No offense

Last edited:
What things, exactly? Dino resizes, sand on Nublar, bigger maps, Compy-sized dinos and flying reptiles were supposed to be impossible to implement. Island generator or some brand new savegame method would really be only problems I can imagine (not even sure about the first) and those won't be enough to justify a sequel.

Any game can be changed as much as it's creators and technology allow. Mods prove it all the time, some of them do real wonders even without known the full code and inner roadmap. But Frontier devs own the code, they alone know the real one and know which would need a workaround and which a deeper preparing before trying. In any case, it wouldn't be a waste of neither time nor money. Much the opposite: there is a basegame already coded, with so much money invested. Start anew does not make sense at all

Those kind of game features and mechanics are nothing compared to what some people are asking for. Things like a Mosasaurus would probably need a greatly reworked engine like what we see in Planet Zoo. Dinosaur breeding might need a new engine but the biggest problem would be all the work it would need.

The flying reptiles are a bit of surprise. I didn't think we would see them. But people are already whining about them. How they are on looped animations, how they don't break out and fly around the park attacking people. That would probably need a new engine.

Of course, but I think you are seeing the farthest they can push this game with the modified version of the Cobra engine that they use. Most mods are garbage. Using amateur made mods for a comparison to real professionally made game content is not a good comparison.

It would be a waste of time and money to rebuild this game from the ground up. They could make a whole new game which they probably will. With a newer version of the engine that can actually do more. It doesn't matter if they have a base game. What matters is the limitations. You can either get a whole new game or the world most expensive DLC.

I think it's funny ... how some people like to get into trouble at all. Nothing in life is easy, and I do know that game development takes money, resources and time, in short ... nothing is easy. But failing to implement a feature request saying it's too hard ... that's not good. Implementing a feature request as breeding would be hard work, but it would be possible. And why not implement breeding? Breeding is an essential element of the Jurassic Park and Jurassic World franchise (Colin Trevorrow revealed in his Twitter account that there was breeding on Isla Nublar after 2015). Breeding would make dinosaurs no longer just numbers in a spreadsheet, but living creatures with needs. It would be a great form of income because when the dinosaur population is very large, just sell the babies and the population will be controlled and you will have extra money in your park! Now with the new DLC, we have new buildings, new skins, new attractions, besides the Aviary. Therefore, breeding and Mosasaurus are feature requests that could be focused on now, considering that this is an essential element in JP / JW movies. I don't see many people asking for breeding for the game on this forum, just a few, but I know that much of the JWE community would like to see breeding in the game, I've seen recent videos theorizing the coming of this feature request, (which was denied by Steggs on Reddit ), and in these video comments, I talked to a lot of people and a lot of them would like to see breeding in the game. Obviously, breeding would bring more immersion in the game, giving more challenge to the parks, hence more fun, and there would be extra money from selling dinosaur babies. No offense

You do know you don't get everything you ask for right? I want lots of stuff but that doesn't mean I get it. Some song lyrics come to mind, you can't always get what you want. That's the way life works. That's how it works with everything. You don't always get what you want.

Just because someone requested something doesn't mean they will get it. Saying it would be to difficult to implement the requested feature is a perfectly reasonable response. It would be too much work. Too much work and not enough money for it. Just like I said to Alan Grady in a previous post, you can either wait and see what's in JWE 2 or Frontier could put dinosaur breeding in JWE and you can get the most expensive DLC you have ever seen. But then people would just whine about the price and how it's not free and it should have been in the game from the start.

What people want and what they can actually get are two different things. I am sure breeding would be great. I would like to see a juvenile Rex. But that doesn't mean I am going to get it or that I will whine and complain till I do. That's not really the adult way to handle the situation. Maybe they will implement breeding in JWE 2 in some form or fashion.

They could make a whole new game which they probably will. With a newer version of the engine that can actually do more. It doesn't matter if they have a base game. What matters is the limitations. You can either get a whole new game or the world most expensive DLC.

Completely agree with this part, I mean by the time we get to summer 2021 and JW3 is fully hyped I think we will be next-gen on consoles too. I could be wrong but I'd like to think this would bring more potential for much improved gameplay mechanics rather than just 'content' like skins/buildings/dinos. Frontier's challenge will be getting to grips with programming all the new stuff using different technology and no doubt meeting Universal's deadline to get the game out and have it tie in with the JW3 release.

Completely agree with this part, I mean by the time we get to summer 2021 and JW3 is fully hyped I think we will be next-gen on consoles too. I could be wrong but I'd like to think this would bring more potential for much improved gameplay mechanics rather than just 'content' like skins/buildings/dinos. Frontier's challenge will be getting to grips with programming all the new stuff using different technology and no doubt meeting Universal's deadline to get the game out and have it tie in with the JW3 release.

That's another thing people don't think about it. Not only is this game limited by the engine it's also limited by the current consoles. So certain people want to keep this game around and have Frontier basically rebuild the game and port it to new consoles in a year. LOL

No, just no. A whole new game would be much easier and they can use a whole new improved engine with new consoles.

At this point i hope we just get these things implemented as dlc.... I just imagine a jw2 lacking all JP content again at launch and having to wait over a year again to get it.. Ugh no thanks. Unless they commit to everything carrying over to a jw2 launch plus more it would be a waste... We'd be paying for all the same dlcs again.

You do know you don't get everything you ask for right? I want lots of stuff but that doesn't mean I get it. Some song lyrics come to mind, you can't always get what you want. That's the way life works. That's how it works with everything. You don't always get what you want.

Just because someone requested something doesn't mean they will get it. Saying it would be to difficult to implement the requested feature is a perfectly reasonable response. It would be too much work. Too much work and not enough money for it. Just like I said to Alan Grady in a previous post, you can either wait and see what's in JWE 2 or Frontier could put dinosaur breeding in JWE and you can get the most expensive DLC you have ever seen. But then people would just whine about the price and how it's not free and it should have been in the game from the start.

What people want and what they can actually get are two different things. I am sure breeding would be great. I would like to see a juvenile Rex. But that doesn't mean I am going to get it or that I will whine and complain till I do. That's not really the adult way to handle the situation. Maybe they will implement breeding in JWE 2 in some form or fashion.
Well ... I understand what you meant, but if you notice, the Frontier team said it wouldn't bring dinosaur resizes, vehicle wrecks, and flying reptiles, but it was the community's insistence that got these things really implemented. now. I don't think insisting on asking for anything is immature, because basically all JWE content is made based on what the gamer community is looking for. And ... do they have so little money they can't implement breeding? How do you know? If Frontier wants to be a successful company, it must be very determined to be able to do great and amazing things ... and in that case I don't think the company has much to lose, quite the contrary, it would be extra content and .. Particularly as I said earlier, here in the Forum I don't see much demand for breeding, but on other platforms like Youtube, most people wish there was breeding in the game. I think the reason there is not much of this here at the Forum is that people already give up thinking about how difficult it could be to implement breeding ... there complicates. Like you, I think breeding could be implemented in JWE2, if a second game really come. Although this request feature is really a lot of work, it wouldn't be impossible to implement. And I think it's fair that breeding and marine reptiles are paid content. It's fair if the people who would work with it were paid

Last edited:
Well ... I understand what you meant, but if you notice, the Frontier team said it wouldn't bring dinosaur resizes, vehicle wrecks, and flying reptiles, but it was the community's insistence that got these things really implemented. now. I don't think insisting on asking for anything is immature, because basically all JWE content is made based on what the gamer community is looking for. And ... do they have so little money they can't implement breeding? How do you know? If Frontier wants to be a successful company, it must be very determined to be able to do great and amazing things ... and in that case I don't think the company has much to lose, quite the contrary, it would be extra content and .. Particularly as I said earlier, here in the Forum I don't see much demand for breeding, but on other platforms like Youtube, most people wish there was breeding in the game. I think the reason there is not much of this here at the Forum is that people already give up thinking about how difficult it could be to implement breeding ... there complicates. Like you, I think breeding could be implemented in JWE2, if a second game really come. Although this request feature is really a lot of work, it wouldn't be impossible to implement. And I think it's fair that breeding and marine reptiles are paid content. It's fair if the people who would work with it were paid

Resizing a few dinosaurs, adding in vehicle damage and flying reptiles is nothing compared to having to make new baby models for every dinosaur in the game. I believe with the new ones in the JP dlc that brings it up to 67 or 68 models. That's a lot more work. The kind of work you would save for a sequel.

i just found out that tencent owns a "piece" of frontier. i believe it was 9%. china atm has a butt ton of money it's both a blessing and a curse...

It's still not as bad as Tencent owning 40% of Epic games. That's nearly half. They have a lot more power there. Tencent also owns a small portion of Ubisoft and one other company. I am actually surprised that they own even a small part of Frontier. The article I just read through is from 2017. So they have owned 9% for a while.

I guess there is no real way to escape Tencent. But I am still not using that garbage Fortnite launcher.

Resizing a few dinosaurs, adding in vehicle damage and flying reptiles is nothing compared to having to make new baby models for every dinosaur in the game. I believe with the new ones in the JP dlc that brings it up to 67 or 68 models. That's a lot more work. The kind of work you would save for a sequel.

It's still not as bad as Tencent owning 40% of Epic games. That's nearly half. They have a lot more power there. Tencent also owns a small portion of Ubisoft and one other company. I am actually surprised that they own even a small part of Frontier. The article I just read through is from 2017. So they have owned 9% for a while.

I guess there is no real way to escape Tencent. But I am still not using that garbage Fortnite launcher.
Yes, of course, it is better to implement breeding in a sequel. I just meant that you shouldn't give up something so it's hard, that's what I meant

Top Bottom