why the rapid decline

I have been running missions for my faction in a system where they are the second placed faction with regards to influence and have been at it for a couple of weeks, I have kept a watch on the sloooooow progress of the influence percentage rising (when I started they were 22% and the controlling faction 59%) on Friday it was up to 28% but I logged in last night (the following day, Saturday) and had a look and my factions influence was down to 22.5%!..
I am rather perplexed at this and am hoping someone with more knowledge than I can explain what happened

Yaffle

Volunteer Moderator
Can you see how many ships have passed through the system from the Station Services menu?

I did take note a few times of the system traffic and its only me and one day a Krait, I am part of a squadron and I think it was a squadron ship..

Any bounties? Is the main faction in boom / generating profitable missions? Has a new faction expanded into the system?

If factions with low percentage influence have received missions or deliveries, these will increase quicker than other with mid percentages.

100 percent shared, if theirs increases quick then high ones can drop quick

On the right-hand system status panel, look for blue up arrow markers against Economy or Security for the other factions. They indicate that positive (or negative if red and down pointing) actions have been taking place for those factions during the previous Tick.

Also, I'm not sure if the system traffic data includes all platforms i.e. PC/X-Box/Playstation. Can anyone confirm this one way or the other?

That's really slow progress - 6% over two weeks - you should be able to achieve that in just a few days with such low traffic (assuming you get enough play time).

What missions are you taking? Are you taking return missions that benefit the other factions? Is there another faction that seems to be doing consistently well?

Any bounties? Is the main faction in boom / generating profitable missions? Has a new faction expanded into the system?
Yes, main faction in boom, don't know about profitable missions as i haven't looked as i wont take any from them. and no, no new faction.

What missions are you taking? Are you taking return missions that benefit the other factions? Is there another faction that seems to be doing consistently well?
Only taking missions from my faction, Expansion support missions, pirate massacre missions etc

I just cant see why it would drop by 5% overnight...

I have been running missions for my faction in a system where they are the second placed faction with regards to influence and have been at it for a couple of weeks, I have kept a watch on the sloooooow progress of the influence percentage rising (when I started they were 22% and the controlling faction 59%) on Friday it was up to 28% but I logged in last night (the following day, Saturday) and had a look and my factions influence was down to 22.5%!..
I am rather perplexed at this and am hoping someone with more knowledge than I can explain what happened
My little birds whisper to me the strangest stories...

That in the system where this is happening the controlling faction you are trying to overturn is called "Left Party of Cowiskimo", which while on the face of it looks like just any other NPC faction, they actually appear to have quite a considerable CMDR backing for whatever reason (whether organised groups or multiple randoms working for them) as can be deduced by the fact that this faction has been spread to 24 systems

My own faction has a similar annoying NPC faction like this who are present in 35 systems on our doorstep, including in a few where our faction is present called Party Of Yoru, which because getting allied status with them is a prerequisite for unlocking one of the main engineers (Zach Nemo), they will have 100's of cmdrs working for them at any one time, which is how they managed to expand to 35 systems and means we often get randoms coming in to the few systems we share with POY and working against us for them.

It looks like it might be similar thing happening to you with Left Party of Cowiskimo, if they are not a prereq for one of the engineers could be getting allied with them unlocks a system permit somewhere, or else a player group has adopted this NPC faction perhaps, must be some reason for it.

The Communists are coming!

There are groups that work by government type. AEDC and others push Alliance factions. Communism Interstellar and others push (guess), Black Flag was a coalition pushing anarchies. GARD and others push Feds. There’s a group that works to make sure that Rares are available.

The small-group “oh I want a PMF too” are actually the most numerous and growing presence. They tend not to do their homework and often don’t understand their strategic situation.

Basically, if you’ve planted your flag in a system with a faction that has a lot of expansions - you’re going to have enemies and you better have brought some guns.

Did you try working the BGS in the area before asking to be put there?
Or did you just find somewhere that looked nice and are now surprised that you are in the middle of someone else’s patch?

Last edited:

Kietrax

Volunteer Moderator
I did take note a few times of the system traffic and its only me and one day a Krait, I am part of a squadron and I think it was a squadron ship..
If the system has RES then you may find the controlling faction has supporting players who never left the system but did a large amount of work against you. In this case they wouldn't show up on the traffic report as it only tracks jumps in to the system (could be out, not sure). Did all the influence go to 1 other faction or was it spread around?

Top Bottom