Why would anyone want a console?

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Title speaks for itself.

A PC will do literally everything a console does but better, and also allows for a plethora of more intricate and expandable content. They can also be used with a controller so consoles dont even have that. It just boggles my mind that anyone would want to limit themselves to one.

Console companies themselves know this so they release exclusives to force you into getting a console.

This has never frustrated me in the past because I've never had to deal with a game im massively looking forward to being simplified and downgraded to allow consoles to actually work with it.

Yuck.

Operation Genesis (the game that Evolution is a successor to) was on PC, XBOX & PS2 and it was great on all 3 platforms.

This game will be great on console, in fact they even recommend playing with a controller when piloting the ACU chopper.

Operation Genesis (the game that Evolution is a successor to) was on PC, XBOX & PS2 and it was great on all 3 platforms.

This game will be great on console, in fact they even recommend playing with a controller when piloting the ACU chopper.

JPOG was good at the time it was made. JPOG in 2018 is a rubbish game.

'Excellent on consoles' is a another way of saying 'we've dumbed this game down to accommodate gamers who don't know how to download a game or send a damn email'.

probably because you can get a PS4 or Xbox One for 250

You're gonna struggle to build a PC that can run anything past 2005 on that budget (if it's even still doable now) and generally casual players who use consoles aren't gonna build their own PC so...

250 for a 5-10 year lifespan that'll run everything that's released for it or 600+ for a decent rig that'll run most stuff today (but on lower performance settings) and probably need upgrading in 2 years for the same cost as a console

PC gaming still isn't a 1:1 tradeoff for a console for a large portion of gamers. And there's nothing inherently wrong with consoles, they do the job. Sure PC can do the job better but not everyone has that luxury

'Excellent on consoles' is a another way of saying 'we've dumbed this game down to accommodate gamers who don't know how to download a game or send a damn email'.

I knew it already when I read your initial posting, but now you kinda confirmed it. You basically just created this thread to insult console players and play your PC master race card. Nothing better to do with your time, eh?

I knew it already when I read your initial posting, but now you kinda confirmed it. You basically just created this thread to insult console players and play your PC master race card. Nothing better to do with your time, eh?

No, I couldn't care less if people want to play consoles if it doesn't affect me and Ive never had to talk about this before now.

Title speaks for itself.

A PC will do literally everything a console does but better, and also allows for a plethora of more intricate and expandable content. They can also be used with a controller so consoles dont even have that. It just boggles my mind that anyone would want to limit themselves to one.
Maybe because a console is far cheaper then any PC. My CPU on it's own costs as much as a PS4. Also consoles are pretty good to hook up in the front room too, they are for a more social envronment whereas PC's generally are not. Graphics wise, consoles are pretty much up there too. I don't see the issues.

Console companies themselves know this so they release exclusives to force you into getting a console.
Nobody forces you to play that exclusive game. There are plenty of games that are PC only too, but I see very few console players getting upset about that.

This has never frustrated me in the past because I've never had to deal with a game im massively looking forward to being simplified and downgraded to allow consoles to actually work with it.
Which game is being simplified and downgraded to allow it to work on consoles?

Oh, I play games on a PC and don't own a console for information.

Last edited:
No, I couldn't care less if people want to play consoles if it doesn't affect me and Ive never had to talk about this before now.

Right...well, this is how it is. Consoles won't go away and PC games may or may not get dumbed down, that really depends on the developer. Just look at what CDPR did with The Witcher. They showed how it should be done. Anyway, I definitely agree that some games unfortunately do get terrible PC ports or get dumbed down because PC is not a priority. Hardly the fault of people who buy consoles though.

Which game is being simplified and downgraded to allow it to work on consoles?

Oh, I play games on a PC and don't own a console for information.

JWE is in the terrain edit aspects of the game because controllers have barely any level of control compared to keyboard and mouse. Planet coaster and zoo tycoon 2 as examples of what level of finesse can be achieved on PC.

Consoles are much cheaper than a PC. You don't have to constantly check to see if your system has the minimum hardware requirement to play a given game. If you purchase a console at the beginning of that console's release you know you have a good half dozen years in which you'll be presented with new content and you won't have to purchase hardware upgrades in order to enjoy.

Not everyone wants to much around with overclocking GPUs, replacing fans, upgrading CPUs, etc. Consoles are much simpler then PCs and open gaming up to much wider audience.

I play on PC by the way.

Last edited:
JWE is in the terrain edit aspects of the game because controllers have barely any level of control compared to keyboard and mouse. Planet coaster and zoo tycoon 2 as examples of what level of finesse can be achieved on PC.

So they had a more complex version earlier and then downgraded it and made it simple to work on a console? Or was the game designed from the ground up to work on a console.

I don't think FDev have simplified the game or downgraded it, as it was originally designed to be like that. JWE is not planet coaster or zoo tycoon. While there are some similarities, they are different types of game.

I am pretty sure you can get a similar level of finesse on consoles if they wanted it in. Consoles can use a keyboard and mouse as well.

I suggest you get of you high horse before you fall of it.

Last edited:

Sir.Tj

The Moderator who shall not be Blamed....
Volunteer Moderator
Just to let everybody know.

We don't do the Console vs PC thing here, we're all here to enjoy the same games irrespective on what platform you use.

Thanks all.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom