will Python mk2 surpass Fdl in pvp?

In terms of firepower, maneuverability and general effectiveness? Opinions from seasoned pvp'ers are welcome

The higher range / better SCO (and fuel management) usage make me thinking it offers better placement vs. Krait for most of its PvP roles (organics, medium range patrol/interceptor).

Quad pacifiers make a small PaciConda build and may become a nightmare for the big three.

Flying model/boost timing & bleed/lats are close to FDL, boost speed is slightly higher... so P2 could be viable for 1v1 duels, but IMHO less overall effective in the rocks.

The distro and PP sizes are the main constrains to extreme alpha DPS builds (i.e. all PAs + HiCap Prismo/6 boosters + Guardian SRMs).

The convergence is another limit IMHO: for the 3 upper C3 is not bad (similar to Krait)... I had the feeling that the lower C3 has some % of a miss with fixed < 1km, the C2 are even worse at a first glance... but this might require further testing with different hardpoints configuration and different opponent ships.

Last edited:
Agree, we need an update to this thing before making any real judgements. https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/bigmaecs-weapons-convergence-pic-collection.510093/

Maybe the quad pacifier idea will work straight up, maybe it'll work with some fire group messing around, or perhaps we'll just need to use a gimballed frag on the lower large HP.

For the mediums, I'm hoping that similar to the Kraits and Python mk1 we can just throw a pair of rails in there.

Top Bottom