Will the coaster builder be available in the Alpha from the beginning?

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Greetings!
I watched the live stream again this morning and I have an observation: from the way John Laws was talking, it sounds like the coaster builder (and maybe the terrain editor as well) will not be present at the start, but will be delivered at a later time. Is there any way to get confirmation of this? I'm really excited to get the Alpha and start playing with PC, but I'm curious about what will be included at launch.

I'm almost 100% sure too. They've even said before that, "there's a reason it's called Planet Coaster."

However, I predict that there won't be any wooden coasters in the first alpha. It sounds like they are still working on the system for the wooden coasters.

Greetings!
I watched the live stream again this morning and I have an observation: from the way John Laws was talking, it sounds like the coaster builder (and maybe the terrain editor as well) will not be present at the start, but will be delivered at a later time. Is there any way to get confirmation of this? I'm really excited to get the Alpha and start playing with PC, but I'm curious about what will be included at launch.

I hope it will be it's something that Alpha is all about!

I too think that this won't be a RCTW-like alpha/beta were certain features that are already implemented will be removed. You will most probably get everything that is somewhat working for the alpha [yesnod]

Greetings!
from the way John Laws was talking, it sounds like the coaster builder (and maybe the terrain editor as well) will not be present at the start, but will be delivered at a later time.

Yeah. I was wondering the same about his comments, but I think he might have been referring to the content of the live stream (that they wouldn't be getting into the terrain editor and coaster editor at that time.)

I was hoping I misunderstood the first live stream, but I guess I didn't. Oh, well. I rarely spend much time on paths and scenery, so here's my chance! Bring on the Alpha!

They did say again in today's stream that the first release of the alpha will be concentrating on modular buildings and scenery (or some such) - I believe there will be most likely flatrides but no coasters... and then can't wait to see those that misinterpret what is available with a huge "what cry"....

Mind you in saying that, i damn well hope I am wrong!

They did say again in today's stream that the first release of the alpha will be concentrating on modular buildings and scenery (or some such) - I believe there will be most likely flatrides but no coasters... and then can't wait to see those that misinterpret what is available with a huge "what cry"....

We got for sure a download and TEST/ALPHA button [haha]

And i happy whit modular buildings,the rest is up to Frontier [up]

The full game is end 2016 !

Yes, I hope that we'll at least have access to 2-3 flat rides and maybe one coaster type, because if it's really modular building and scenery with no management part at all, it will be some kind of boring if we've to wait many weeks before another build.

Let's hope that it will not be the case.

I think we will get the answer in the Coaster stream.

I personally plan on spending so much time on the entrance to my park that Coasters would have been added by the time im ready :)

But i do understand that many want to get right into Coaster building. The game is called Planet Coaster after all :)

I think there are a lot of assumptions being made and there are going to be a lot of disappointed people as a result. To my mind, they were very clear about what is going to be included in the first Alpha build, and what is not. Let's just be patient and enjoy whatever we get at first. It's a long journey, and these are just the first steps.

When is this coaster stream you speak of??? In the stream yesterday, they said there will be no stream next wednesday due to the press event...[where is it]

I maybe incorrect but im sure they said last night and also posted in the Q&A thread saying there will be a dedicated coaster stream.

I should say this stream will focus more on Flat Rides and amusements, and we won't be going in to too much detail on rollercoasters (there will be plenty of time later for that!)

I guess i read into the last bit too much.

Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom