Will we be able to see the Planet Zoo game for PS5 and XBOX Series X?

Now that in a few months Frontier is going to release the Planet Coaster game in a version for consoles (those of this generation and for the next generation of consoles), I wonder if it is feasible that the Frontier guys can also release, at some point , Planet Zoo's game for consoles

If so, it would be wonderful news for people who love animals, since it is currently only available for PC and expanding it to other platforms may increase its number of sales

All depends on the succes of the console version of PC.
I personally doubt if people are waiting for a console version. Management games (like PC/JWE/PZ) are much easier and more pleasant to use with mouse/keyboard in a pc situation.
(especially building !)

Well, since they figured how to make the advanced building work on console, I guess nothing is stopping them now. But I would not expect it any time soon.

All depends on the succes of the console version of PC.
I personally doubt if people are waiting for a console version. Management games (like PC/JWE/PZ) are much easier and more pleasant to use with mouse/keyboard in a pc situation.
(especially building !)
they could implement mouse & keyboard support. There are some games on Playstation who start to bring this feature for example ARK. But i have to admit the controls in ARK with M&K is terrible. Not sure how good it works in other games but its possible :)

they could implement mouse & keyboard support. There are some games on Playstation who start to bring this feature for example ARK. But i have to admit the controls in ARK with M&K is terrible. Not sure how good it works in other games but its possible :)

I know but most people with a console don't bother with those.

If PC works great for console, I see more possibilities for PZ to happen for console.

On the other hand, with some other players we discussed cross-play for future games. I'm curious how this will affect future ports etc.
While PZ isn't the game for crossplay (only a shared animal market). Will games be easier ported to console/PC or will devs focus their efforts on games made for crossplay?

Having more people playing the game would hopefully be a bigger incentive for Frontier to create more meaningful content for the game. That being said, if a console version took priority over fixing PZ's current issues and lack of optimisation, I wouldn't be thrilled at all.
I'm already sore that there's a team at Frontier who have put so much work into the console version of PC, whose expertise and manpower could have been dedicated to the latest flagship Planet game, which absolutely feels like it needs all hands on deck.

I know but most people with a console don't bother with those.

If PC works great for console, I see more possibilities for PZ to happen for console.

On the other hand, with some other players we discussed cross-play for future games. I'm curious how this will affect future ports etc.
While PZ isn't the game for crossplay (only a shared animal market). Will games be easier ported to console/PC or will devs focus their efforts on games made for crossplay?

Where do you get your statistics of l "most people with console"? Because I have console and I play ARK and JWE on PS4 only. If planet zoo was console I'd get it. I'll get PC when it comes to console (have never played it on PC).

Jurassic world was frontier's biggest launch game ever and it released on consoles at the same time as PC.

There is a high probability that PZ will make it to consoles just on the strength that it'll make money. There are other management Sims that are more taxing than PZ that run fine on console.

Also from what I gathered from the PC forums, the console port lead to many QoL improvements to the PC version so it should be a win win for everyone. I've been holding out on getting PZ on PC because I rather play it on console. I can wait.

Where do you get your statistics of l "most people with console"? Because I have console and I play ARK and JWE on PS4 only. If planet zoo was console I'd get it. I'll get PC when it comes to console (have never played it on PC).
I quoted Danny420 about the mouse & keyboard, commented most people with a console don't bother with those. I think its pretty obvious that most people only use the controller when playing console?

I have no idea what you are ranting about.

• Like (+1)
Reactions: LN
Porting to console nowadays means of course major changes in the interface, on the other hand this also means a lot of optimizing ...especially in terms of multithreading. And this kind of progress is something, everyone could benefit from.

What does ARK have to do with this discussion?
I have Wii Sports on my console.

Harbinger

Volunteer Moderator
As they're rebuilding the control scheme from the ground up (in addition to keyboard & mouse support) and also creating a parallel to the Steam Workshop for Planet Coaster and both games are on the same engine I think we can logically conclude Planet Zoo will also get a port at some point in the future.

Not only that but the Steam Workshop parallel they're building would also make it easier to explore markets outside of Steam such as Epic Games Store and Stadia if they so choose to list the PlanCo games elsewhere.

However as a publicly traded company Frontier would neither confirm nor deny any such plans until such times as an official press release had been made. Anyone asking would at best get a "we have nothing to announce right now" response.

IMO it's inevitable but probably still 12-18 months off.

I’m sorry but I’m glad to hear it. I can understand the demand for console for sure but I really don’t see what’s so hard to understand that if I’m a console player I will wait gladly because a console port most definitely means support for PZ is done content wise so the longer the wait the better and more complete game you will get.

I’m sorry but I’m glad to hear it. I can understand the demand for console for sure but I really don’t see what’s so hard to understand that if I’m a console player I will wait gladly because a console port most definitely means support for PZ is done content wise so the longer the wait the better and more complete game you will get.
Second this. Too bad for the console players, but good for the rest of us who hope for lots of content still.

Second this. Too bad for the console players, but good for the rest of us who hope for lots of content still.
As someone who mainly plays video games on console, I can't imagine this would be fun. A controller won't work with how in depth the mechanics are.

As someone who mainly plays video games on console, I can't imagine this would be fun. A controller won't work with how in depth the mechanics are.
Games like ff14, planet coaster, xcom2 ect work great with a console and most add the ability to use a keyboard and mouse. That's really a 2010 worry.

Back
Top Bottom